User Tag List

Page 2 of 14 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast
    Super Moderator Feedback Score 3 (100%) BBG's Avatar
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Coolazice View Post
    A lifestyle is how you live and all that you do.... by my definition. Maybe I am a tard though.
    It's like saying you live a "straight lifestyle". No one says that... you just live a "lifestyle". So it's somewhat exclusionary to say that a gay dude lives a "homosexual lifestyle". Nah, they just bang dudes.

Edit: BUT ANYWAY, back on schedule.
    Last edited by BBG; 01-08-2013 at 11:02 PM.
    Super not-not-moderator BBG

Need extra cash? List of "Get Paid To" sites: Make $5 a day

Established Member Feedback Score 2 (100%) Coolazice's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by BBG View Post
    It's like saying you live a "straight lifestyle". No one says that... you just live a "lifestyle". So it's somewhat exclusionary to say that a gay dude lives a "homosexual lifestyle". Nah, they just bang dudes.
    But I do. Just because people don't say it often doesn't make it any less of a lifestyle. I've actually heard it used in a conversation with a homosexual guy I used to work with, but whatever. I won't be losing any sleep over a silly disagreement such as this.

Super Moderator Feedback Score 2 (100%) DJM's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    by definition, lifestyle is ones attitude, morals, ect.......not sexual orientation
    and like bbg said, 'homosexual lifestyle' just has a tone about it that does sound demeaning

hijack over

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by DJM View Post
    by definition, lifestyle is ones attitude, morals, ect.......not sexual orientation
    and like bbg said, 'homosexual lifestyle' just has a tone about it that does sound demeaning

hijack over
    So the 'bodybuilding lifestyle' is about attitude and morals? Whatever dude. Delete the dialect since only mods are correct in their opinions and definitions.

Super Moderator Feedback Score 3 (100%) BBG's Avatar
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    So the 'bodybuilding lifestyle' is about attitude and morals? Whatever dude. Delete the dialect since only mods are correct in their opinions and definitions.
    Not deleting it, we can start a new thread about it though. I didn't mean to hijack tallstraw's thread. My bad Coolazice, I didn't mean any offense. I just don't think "lifestyle" is really the right word. I mean, the only difference between someone who is straight and gay is that they have different sexual orientations... outside of the differences in who they are besides.

The difference between a bodybuilder and a non-bodybuilder is huge. Bodybuilding changes the way someone acts as a whole. We train hard, we possibly take drugs, we worry about minute details like macronutrient breakdowns, what we eat, when we eat it, if a run is going to cost us too much energy, getting enough sleep, being "hardcore" in general, tattoos (possible)...

The list is endless. I can only think of, still, the one difference between a gay man and a straight man. And it's not enough to define a lifestyle.
    Super not-not-moderator BBG

Need extra cash? List of "Get Paid To" sites: Make $5 a day

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Wow. This is so not worth the time it's already been given. You guys are acting like I was trying to be offensive or something. I stand by my words when I said that "A lifestyle is how you live and all that you do". It doesn't matter if it's a "rock 'n roll lifestyle", a "bodybuilders lifestyle", or whatever. Just because there isn't a common label for every type of 'life people live' doesn't make it not a lifestyle.

I think I am beginning to feel Cobalt's frustration.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    listen, cause i dont agree with you, please dont be whiney.........'lifestyle' is an enormously broad term, open for lots of interpretation....as a psychologist i should be behind alfred adler's definition, but i disagree with it somewhat.......and yes i think the bodybuilding 'lifestyle' is an attitude, forming part of the equation

lots of people would agree with you

PERSONALLY then, and not as a mod but as a grown individual who has formulated their own opinion, i strongly feel the term 'homosexual lifestyle' is not appropriate, and i dare say is homophobic sounding.... im very bias in my views with regards to topics like this, even as trivial as how we reference things, coming from prior case experiences

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Wow. This is so not worth the time it's already been given. You guys are acting like I was trying to be offensive or something. I stand by my words when I said that "A lifestyle is how you live and all that you do". It doesn't matter if it's a "rock 'n roll lifestyle", a "bodybuilders lifestyle", or whatever. Just because there isn't a common label for every type of 'life people live' doesn't make it not a lifestyle.

I think I am beginning to feel Cobalt's frustration.
    its a discussion like any other, if we all agree, thatd be boring as shit
    what you mean feeling cobalt's frustration? explain please? if its cause you feel ganged up on because you are the only one with that view, out of 4 people, cmon

Super Moderator Feedback Score 0 burlyman30's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by BBG View Post
    I bang dudes in the ass just to assert my dominance.

What? No one else?

Betas.
    At what point would this cross the line from dominance into gayness? lol

Your comment made me LOL, btw. Nicely played.
    All advice given is for entertainment value only. And it's free. Take it for what it's worth.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by burlyman30 View Post
    At what point would this cross the line from dominance into gayness? lol

Your comment made me LOL, btw. Nicely played.
    better be just lol and not interest.....your hairy ass is mine