User Tag List

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    Established Member Feedback Score 0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    ^^ That was my general idea, but I guess the issue is when I start using weight to actually decompress the spine (which is why Louie Simmons invented the reverse hyper, I understand). so I haven't quite figured out how that will go, plus the gym benches aren't high enough. guess i could prop it up on some platforms

SwoleSource Member Feedback Score 0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I've had and continue to have some really crappy issues with bulging/degenerative discs. I know yoga helped me some for my lower back issues; I was more mobile/flexible.

I came across this on ergo-log; apparently resveritrol helps spinal discs grow: Resveratrol helps spinal discs grow

If I had the funds, I would buy a tons of resv to mega-does it for a few months to see if it gives me any improvement. I do know that when I take 8 grams of flax seed oil, which has some phyto-estrogen like properties, I do feel a little bit more cushion back there on my spine, whereas fish oil only seems to have an anti inflamatory effect. If resv has both properties, as suggested in that article, it may be worth it.

Established Member Feedback Score 0 Sperwer's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by pman42 View Post
    Yes I would be very interested as to whether it is available elsewhere. and how much are we talkin?

I've been looking into prolotherapy.
    Finally, got a response back from my doc at the hospital. Their therapy as such is not available outside Korea, indeed not anywhere in Korea but their hospital. Sorry...

It sounds like the prolotherapy you mentioned is similar in some respects, although the bee venom with which I was injected packed a helluva punch
    Last edited by Sperwer; 01-15-2013 at 03:06 AM.
    "The purpose of today's training is to defeat yesterday's understanding."

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    thought I would provide an update.

o Have found very good pain relief from very high doses of MSM, 10-15 grams/day. this is also supposed to help product mucopolysaccharides so i will stay on this dose
    o Recently added in the BioCell brand of hyaluronic acid, 200mg/day. i was pretty surprised and how quickly it seemed to take down the pain. i dropped the MSM totally for a week now to confirm, and it is definitely the HA having a healing effect. I will maintain this dosage for a few more months, maybe even go to 300mg if I can afford it, then drop it down to 100mg maintenance
    o I stopped seeing the chiro for ART at $40 a pop because a) it's $40 for 10-15minutes of being touched by a guy and b) I can pay $70 to be touched by a hot girl for an hour, and she is a good RMT too. much more relaxing than ART

Established Member Feedback Score 0 Broly's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Will power man... will power. I wish you the best, it's a bumpy road so do your best to keep a positive outlook.
    Water can flow or it can crash... be water my friend

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    It is willpower. it is telling myself that it will get better, that I will NOT live my life in pain or debility. actually the thing that sucks the most about all of this is not being able to squat and deadlift. Initially I liked just focusing on upper body (who doesn't like arm and chest day?) but now I really feel that I need some leg work. I feel I'm atrophying without it (probbaly my imagination). all the stuf w/o loaded spine doesn't seem to do the same job as squats. but I have a sled on the way, and right behind my house there is at least a 100 yard stretch of grass so that will be good because i can get in some good leg work that doesn't irritate the spine and is also excellent conditioning.

I wish I had started on the BioCell right away. i got another brand of HA that didn't seem to do anything. but this is definitely more than my imagination. I have a appt to see 2 sports rehab docs and get their opinions, and maybe in a year I will re-image with x-rays and hopefully there will be some changes.

- - - Updated - - -

thought I would add... for pain I think high-dose MSM is at least as good as any NSAID, and it;s good for your liver not bad.

A 1k Club Member Feedback Score 1 (100%) Freepressright's Avatar
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    You need to seek out a chiropractor who offers non-surgical spinal decompression and start treatment. There's a lot this can do to help with disc issues. In some cases, it's more effective than surgery, depending on which type of condition you have and how severe it is.

I'm about to invest in this:

Amazon.com: Back Bubble Spinal Decompression Pain Relief Device: Health Personal Care

I have a friend who has herniated discs and he bought one. He loves it. As soon as I can free up the funds, I will own one too. Anything you can do to take the load off your discs is a good thing.

Also check out this:

Back Pain Relief with The Back Bubble - YouTube

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by pman42 View Post
    It is willpower. it is telling myself that it will get better, that I will NOT live my life in pain or debility. actually the thing that sucks the most about all of this is not being able to squat and deadlift. Initially I liked just focusing on upper body (who doesn't like arm and chest day?) but now I really feel that I need some leg work. I feel I'm atrophying without it (probbaly my imagination). all the stuf w/o loaded spine doesn't seem to do the same job as squats. but I have a sled on the way, and right behind my house there is at least a 100 yard stretch of grass so that will be good because i can get in some good leg work that doesn't irritate the spine and is also excellent conditioning.

I wish I had started on the BioCell right away. i got another brand of HA that didn't seem to do anything. but this is definitely more than my imagination. I have a appt to see 2 sports rehab docs and get their opinions, and maybe in a year I will re-image with x-rays and hopefully there will be some changes.

- - - Updated - - -

thought I would add... for pain I think high-dose MSM is at least as good as any NSAID, and it;s good for your liver not bad.
    Queries: is it BioCell or NeoCell? Whichever, what is the previous stuff you used with which you are comparing it. I've been using Swanson's version of Hyal-Joint, from which I have gotten some good results too.

A 1k Club Member Feedback Score 1 (100%) Freepressright's Avatar
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Schiff's new Move Free Ultra Omega looks pretty appealing. I'm considering giving it a try.

But the one product I've never heard one single bad review on is Animal Flex. I've heard people herald it as some kind of miracle for pain.

Universal Nutrition Animal Flex (44 Packs): Discount Animal Flex Supplements

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Degenerative disc. any treatment

Quote Originally Posted by Freepressright View Post
    You need to seek out a chiropractor who offers non-surgical spinal decompression and start treatment. There's a lot this can do to help with disc issues. In some cases, it's more effective than surgery, depending on which type of condition you have and how severe it is.

I'm about to invest in this:

Amazon.com: Back Bubble Spinal Decompression Pain Relief Device: Health Personal Care

I have a friend who has herniated discs and he bought one. He loves it. As soon as I can free up the funds, I will own one too. Anything you can do to take the load off your discs is a good thing.

Also check out this:

Back Pain Relief with The Back Bubble - YouTube
    Does that thing have stirrups? 😱

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk