User Tag List

Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast
    Established Member Feedback Score 1 (100%) Rodja's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by burlyman30 View Post
    Raw egg whites do contain avidin, which binds to a B vitamin and can cause a deficiency. Avidin is killed upon cooking.

I see where he was going with the carb and fats stuff. But it is all in degrees, with donuts being many degrees worse than eggs and oats. But one of my staple foods for years was bread with peanut butter. My metabolism used to be able to handle it. Makes me fatter now, so I almost never eat it.
    I have a theory about that why that happens that has nothing to do with metabolic rate.
    M. Ed. Ex Phys

Super Moderator Feedback Score 0 burlyman30's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Re: Farah/kai seminar

Quote Originally Posted by Rodja View Post
    I have a theory about that why that happens that has nothing to do with metabolic rate.
    Interested in hearing it. It was always my supposition that carbs acted as a transport vehicle for the fats because of the rise of blood sugar and resulting insulin increase. My metabolic rate was lightning fast and burned everything off me when I was young, so I presumed that it either was the speed of my metabolism or a shift in the way my body chose to burn food for fuel.
    All advice given is for entertainment value only. And it's free. Take it for what it's worth.

Established Member Feedback Score 0 markam's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Interested in hearing it. It was always my supposition that carbs acted as a transport vehicle for the fats because of the rise of blood sugar and resulting insulin increase. My metabolic rate was lightning fast and burned everything off me when I was young, so I presumed that it either was the speed of my metabolism or a shift in the way my body chose to burn food for fuel.
    Maybe you're just like, eating more. LOL

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    My theory has to do with the "dirtiness" of both wheat and peanuts. This is mainly due to genetic engineering of the plants and one of the consequences is that it sends the body into a state of stress/inflammation and, ergo, makes it hold more fat.
    M. Ed. Ex Phys

Super Moderator Feedback Score 2 (100%) DJM's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

i can do a jar every few days of this stuff.............and knowing how much rodja knows about food and its processes in the body.....i feel dirty myself

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    My theory has to do with the "dirtiness" of both wheat and peanuts. This is mainly due to genetic engineering of the plants and one of the consequences is that it sends the body into a state of stress/inflammation and, ergo, makes it hold more fat.
    Makes sense, but the reason that Burly previously could eat peanut butter sandwiches with out fat gain and now can't, is down his, ahem, 'maturity'?

Super Moderator Feedback Score 2 (100%) h2s's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Re: Farah/kai seminar

Quote Originally Posted by DJM View Post

i can do a jar every few days of this stuff.............and knowing how much rodja knows about food and its processes in the body.....i feel dirty myself
    Get Mara natha almond butter...shit is awesome.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by markam View Post
    Makes sense, but the reason that Burly previously could eat peanut butter sandwiches with out fat gain and now can't, is down his, ahem, 'maturity'?
    The downshift in metabolic rate for the active person, which he has been for decades, is much smaller than the sedentary person.
    M. Ed. Ex Phys

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    The downshift in metabolic rate for the active person, which he has been for decades, is much smaller than the sedentary person.
    So what's the reason for the change in how his body is now utilizing the PB sandwich?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by markam View Post
    So what's the reason for the change in how his body is now utilizing the PB sandwich?
    Reread my earlier post.
    M. Ed. Ex Phys