Established Member Feedback Score 0 markam's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Rodja View Post
    Reread my earlier post.
    Originally Posted by Rodja
    My theory has to do with the "dirtiness" of both wheat and peanuts. This is mainly due to genetic engineering of the plants and one of the consequences is that it sends the body into a state of stress/inflammation and, ergo, makes it hold more fat.

------

Yep, I get that, but Burly said,"But one of my staple foods for years was bread with peanut butter. My metabolism used to be able to handle it. Makes me fatter now, so I almost never eat it."

Sorry if I'm 'not getting it'.

Established Member Feedback Score 1 (100%) Rodja's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by markam View Post
    Originally Posted by Rodja
    My theory has to do with the "dirtiness" of both wheat and peanuts. This is mainly due to genetic engineering of the plants and one of the consequences is that it sends the body into a state of stress/inflammation and, ergo, makes it hold more fat.

------

Yep, I get that, but Burly said,"But one of my staple foods for years was bread with peanut butter. My metabolism used to be able to handle it. Makes me fatter now, so I almost never eat it."

Sorry if I'm 'not getting it'.
    The food supply these days is much dirtier if not downright toxic. Eat shitty food and your body will show it. Age is merely a coincidence in this instance and the focus incorrectly shifts to this by using the metabolic rate as a justification instead of looking into other factors.
    M. Ed. Ex Phys

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    The food supply these days is much dirtier if not downright toxic. Eat shitty food and your body will show it. Age is merely a coincidence in this instance and the focus incorrectly shifts to this by using the metabolic rate as a justification instead of looking into other factors.
    Ok, gotcha.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Ok, gotcha. You're saying that food today isn't the same quality compared to twenty or so years ago.
    Not even close. If you look at labels of chicken breast now compared to even ten years ago, there's less protein per serving. Food is so artificial these days that, unless you eat exclusively free-range, you're going to be consuming some relatively dirty/altered food.
    M. Ed. Ex Phys

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Not even close. If you look at labels of chicken breast now compared to even ten years ago, there's less protein per serving. Food is so artificial these days that, unless you eat exclusively free-range, you're going to be consuming some relatively dirty/altered food.
    As I cook the majority of meals for my 10 year old son, I think I will have to go almost exclusively organic to make sure he's getting adequate nutrition. Damn foods getting even more expensive.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    As I cook the majority of meals for my 10 year old son, I think I will have to go almost exclusively organic to make sure he's getting adequate nutrition. Damn foods getting even more expensive.
    Organic produce isn't that much more expensive; it's the flesh that becomes exorbitant. Grass fed, organic beef and chicken are 2-4x times more expensive and adds up quickly for those who eat a high amount of protein.
    M. Ed. Ex Phys

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Organic produce isn't that much more expensive; it's the flesh that becomes exorbitant. Grass fed, organic beef and chicken are 2-4x times more expensive and adds up quickly for those who eat a high amount of protein.
    Yep. Some of the food I buy is organic, but I haven't yet been able to source grass fed beef, etc. Will have to look in it, now.

BTW, your number's are very impressive. Have you put any video's or pics up?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Yep. Some of the food I buy is organic, but I haven't yet been able to source grass fed beef, etc. Will have to look in it, now.

BTW, your number's are very impressive. Have you put any video's or pics up?
    I have some DL videos, but nothing recent.
    M. Ed. Ex Phys

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I have some DL videos, but nothing recent.
    I guess a lot of people here would be interested.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    RodjaX49 - YouTube

Haven't updated any ME in months.
    M. Ed. Ex Phys