User Tag List

Page 7 of 8 FirstFirst ... 5678 LastLast
    A 1k Club Member Feedback Score 3 (100%) Scope75's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by markam View Post
    Previously I suggested a protocol based on some of Faras recommendations re GH, etc. This is the protocol I will be following from now. (Blunting GH response doesn't seem to have hurt mountain dog, does it).

This is pretty much what I used to do, and will be reverting back to. I might have an additional serving of Humapro late afternoon, depending on previous protein consumption.

7.30am Bcaas

8.30 - 11am Bcaas as needed (2 servings) Coconut oil if needed

11am Preworkout supp

11.30 Bcaas & Chain'd reaction 42gms (carbs low G.I.) Sip throughout workout. 1 and a half servings Bcaas.

12.00 2 servings Humapro taken middle of workout, (not sipped)
    Continue sipping Bcaas

12.30 Finish workout. Either 2 servings Humapro with chain'd reaction, (carbs), or Whey / whey blend, optional carbs (oats)

1am If taken Humapro as post workout, meal.

1.30 if taken whey blend, etc, meal.

Pre bed 2 servings Humapro with 5gms Coconut oil.

My last 'proper meal' is eaten before 6pm, usually.
    That's one hell of a protocol and all that humapro has to get spendy..

Established Member Feedback Score 0 markam's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Scope75 View Post
    That's one hell of a protocol and all that humapro has to get spendy..
    Yep, it's not cheap. You could just use the Humapro once a day with some quick carbs post workout, depends what you're trying to do.

Actually if I was using Humapro post workout I wouldn't take it intra. If moneys no object, some Humapro with carbs 15 mins before workout. As I often just eat between 11am - 5 pm, I like taking some after eating 5 gms coconut oil before bed.
    Last edited by markam; 01-17-2013 at 10:08 AM.

Established Member Feedback Score 1 (100%) Rodja's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    That's seems like such a waste of time, effort, and money. Too much emphasis on supplements instead of focusing on actual nutrition.
    M. Ed. Ex Phys

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Rodja View Post
    That's seems like such a waste of time, effort, and money. Too much emphasis on supplements instead of focusing on actual nutrition.
    Well, counting your total calorie intake and macros ain't exactly a walk in the park, either. In my opinion I eat very healthy food 90% of the time, and by supplementing with BCAAs and EAAs I don't have to consume a small farmyard of animals to get my daily protein requirements.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    That's what I was thinking too.
    Seems like I'd be mixing/drinking something every few minutes, and I'd need like 6 shaker cups a day.
    I've found food the be way cheaper than supps and I love to eat.
    But if it's working for him that's great and I hope it continues a to work too.
    Different strokes for different folks!!

Established Member Feedback Score 1 (100%) Rodja's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Well, counting your total calorie intake and macros ain't exactly a walk in the park, either. In my opinion I eat very healthy food 90% of the time, and by supplementing with BCAAs and EAAs I don't have to consume a small farmyard of animals to get my daily protein requirements.
    It takes far more effort to follow the protocol you outlined than to count macros. EAA/BCAA is no substitution for whole foods and this mentality is one of the biggest plagues out there right now. Too much reliance on supplements when the overwhelming majority of them are for convenience and not necessity. With each year, I find myself using fewer and fewer supplements. My "staples" used to be near 10 or so per day, but it's down to four: fish oil, NaRALA, digestive enzymes, and Erase (on-cycle AI).

Again, the amount of time that people put into micromanaging their supplements blows my mind, especially when they put maybe 1/10th of that amount of effort into training templates and cooking.
    M. Ed. Ex Phys

A 1k Club Member Feedback Score 0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    myfitnesspal

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    That's what I was thinking too.
    Seems like I'd be mixing/drinking something every few minutes, and I'd need like 6 shaker cups a day.
    I've found food the be way cheaper than supps and I love to eat.
    But if it's working for him that's great and I hope it continues a to work too.
    Different strokes for different folks!!
    Well the thing is that I work at night, so I'm home in the daytime and I workout at home also.

Having some Bcaas when I get up tides me over until after I've taken my son to school plus a few other things, so I either eat at 11am or start training then, it's not that complicated. Though I can see it would be harder to manage if I was away from home in the day.
    I use Bcaas twice a day and Humapro post workout and before bed. Since I've stopped using whey, my stomachs been a lot happier and I've spent far less time in the bathroom. Maybe whey just doesn't agree with me. I also get protein from many other quality sources, but haven't knowingly tried horse meat yet. (In the UK horse meat was found in burgers on sale in two mayor supermarkets, and there's been an outcry). Horsemeat actually sounds quite good to me; I know it's low in fat and has a sweetish taste to it.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    It takes far more effort to follow the protocol you outlined than to count macros. EAA/BCAA is no substitution for whole foods and this mentality is one of the biggest plagues out there right now. Too much reliance on supplements when the overwhelming majority of them are for convenience and not necessity. With each year, I find myself using fewer and fewer supplements. My "staples" used to be near 10 or so per day, but it's down to four: fish oil, NaRALA, digestive enzymes, and Erase (on-cycle AI).

Again, the amount of time that people put into micromanaging their supplements blows my mind, especially when they put maybe 1/10th of that amount of effort into training templates and cooking.
    I used to have a protocol like above and that shit was hard to keep on top of because if you don't have or aren't around your supps your screwed. It almost becomes stressful because your I was always watching the clock trying to get what I thought I needed into my body and certain times. Now my staples are fish oil, CLA, digestive enzymes, green tea, and slin sane for heavy carb meals.
    BCAAs and protein are only used around my workout or if I'm in a pinch and need one because I can't or don't have time to eat.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I used to have a protocol like above and that shit was hard to keep on top of because if you don't have or aren't around your supps your screwed. It almost becomes stressful because your I was always watching the clock trying to get what I thought I needed into my body and certain times. Now my staples are fish oil, CLA, digestive enzymes, green tea, and slin sane for heavy carb meals.
    BCAAs and protein are only used around my workout or if I'm in a pinch and need one because I can't or don't have time to eat.
    Whoa, hold on there. I'm pretty much doing the sam as you, just using Humapro instead of whey, yes?

DJ bought some Humapro the other day and asked me for my thoughts on it, so I wrote a sample way of using it. That's all.