0 Thread(s)

Farah/kai seminar

Established Member Feedback Score 2 (100%) milehighguy's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Interesting....

I liked the post workout and first meal of the day advice. Didn't really know that stopping catabolism the wrong way could blunt your GH. And I've been doing it wrong.

I wonder why they didn't ask for more just general tips or tricks in that hour session.

Super Moderator Feedback Score 2 (100%) DJM's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    prob cause alot of the audience were competing bodybuilders

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    DJM - aren't you a heavy user of amino acids? Are you using them first thing when you wake up?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    no, was doing oatmeal/blueberries then 30min later problend, as per his suggestion i might swap places there
    his postwo tip iv done for a while without knowing why, actually was burly who said he always just went protein postwo, then matt put up an article so i felt confident in what i was doing was fine.....then if kai is doing it then id say ill stick to it and not bother with carbs postwo until meal time

aminos yes, currently i do 2oz amino infusion prewo with carbs and creatine, peptopro 12g intra, then 2scoop protein post......iv always flooded myself in this period.......if budget is a concern id drop the prewo aminos, which i might do soon actually

like he said too, its not going to be game changing but every little bit helps, and after a long period of doing it right, yes there are pronounced results

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    yep, makes sense. i was hitting carbs to quickly after my workouts so i will swap myself. just protein first and then the carbs...

i am also working on the prewo regime. i hit creatine for sure but want to add some aminos.

thanks

A 1k Club Member Feedback Score 1 (100%) nate3993's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    i just saw this vid the other day. was pretty interesting. he said kai was natural before he turned pro. HA! total bs. look at kai as an amateur. natural bodybuilders don't look like kai did. no way. but other than that, good stuff.

A 1k Club Member Feedback Score 5 (100%) O_RYAN_007's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I got to thinking about what he said regarding eating carbs and fats is like just eating a donut... I eat 6 whole eggs and 1 cup of oatmeal for bfast... What gives? Am I going this wrong? He spoke about how eating egg whites gives you the shits and isn't a complete protein... I've heard of not mixing fats and carbs.

Established Member Feedback Score 0 markam's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by O_RYAN_007 View Post
    I got to thinking about what he said regarding eating carbs and fats is like just eating a donut... I eat 6 whole eggs and 1 cup of oatmeal for bfast... What gives? Am I going this wrong? He spoke about how eating egg whites gives you the shits and isn't a complete protein... I've heard of not mixing fats and carbs.
    I thought he said that egg white wasn't as great as people thought, and that it will give you the shits. Much better to use a high quality whey product like Optimum nutrition, (not srs). Hydrolyzed Whey after working out then 30 minutes later carbs. Personally I don't get the shit's from egg white and I usually mix it 100gms with 40 gms whey blend. ON's Hydrolyzed whey is mega expensive, but I think he has a point in using it or Aminos first thing in the morning, then immediately after training. I'll try this, except with EAAs (Humapro).
    Really not impressed with ON 'gold standard' whey, though. As I'm sure you know, Farah had an affiliation with ON and said he was involved in developing their Hydrolyzed whey product. I can see that taking carbs 30 minutes or so after protein could make a significant difference, but not sure if hydrolyzed whey vs a blend or Isolate would really make that much of a difference. Maybe if you're a pro it would be worth it, but then you'd have sponsorship, wouldn't you.

I do agree with not combining fats and carbs, especially sugar, though.
    Last edited by markam; 01-14-2013 at 08:25 AM.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    ^^^how you like the HUMAPRO.....people seem to love it or bash it to high hell cause its ALRI