User Tag List

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    Established Member Feedback Score 1 (100%) Rodja's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by pman42 View Post
    My favourite for energy is yerba mate. it doesn't give me jitters like too much coffee. and you can use much higher doses than green tea without ruining the taste.

any kind of stimulant is going to be a short term solution. nate, with the issues you've posted about in other threads i'd be super cautious about their usage. better solutions, in my opinion, would be herbal adaptogens.
    Is this where I throw out my lofty endorsement of rhodiola rosea (standardized to 3%/1%)?
    M. Ed. Ex Phys

Established Member Feedback Score 0 Eden's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    What do I use for energy? Sleep.

I don't really like stimulants because they just kinda shift my energy, if I take a stimulant then it's just as if later it gets the energy back so I don't really see the point I guess.

A 1k Club Member Feedback Score 1 (100%) nate3993's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    My favourite for energy is yerba mate. it doesn't give me jitters like too much coffee. and you can use much higher doses than green tea without ruining the taste.

any kind of stimulant is going to be a short term solution. nate, with the issues you've posted about in other threads i'd be super cautious about their usage. better solutions, in my opinion, would be herbal adaptogens.
    which do u suggest?

Quote Originally Posted by xxiv View Post
    That's odd then..... I hardly drink caffine so a pre w/o stime gets me crazy. Assault had me out of my mind. It takes me months to go through a tub and I share it with people that come lift with me.
    I would think with minimal usage you'd be a long term responder.

Do you take then on an empty stomach?
    and yes i do

Established Member Feedback Score 0 AresTS's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Re: What do YOU Use for Energy?

Green tea man... Just drink green tea. I sometimes triple and quadruple brew that shit lol

- Valdez
    Valdez

Established Member Feedback Score 0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by nate3993 View Post
    which do u suggest?
    Herbs, I find, are quite individual for people. I do really well on several different adaptogens like maca, siberian eleuthero, GOOD quality ginseng, gymnostema and astragalus. the latter 2 are not really too impressive on their own but I find they add to the effects of others. oh and certain tonic mushrooms are supposed to be adaptogens. I was told my a mycologist who studied the eastern european literature that THEY are the adaptogen stars of the east, not the other ones mentioned. but mushrooms are more subtle, and the average westerner may not even notice them.

I seem to be a rhodiola non-responder. maybe it's because i've yet to try a proper extraction one-- I've read that there are differing schools of thoughts on which are the 'active' components. anyway the others work so well for me that i never put too much research into it but maybe one day i will buy a primo rhodiola extract and try it out.

Established Member Feedback Score 0 markam's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Herbs, I find, are quite individual for people. I do really well on several different adaptogens like maca, siberian eleuthero, GOOD quality ginseng, gymnostema and astragalus. the latter 2 are not really too impressive on their own but I find they add to the effects of others. oh and certain tonic mushrooms are supposed to be adaptogens. I was told my a mycologist who studied the eastern european literature that THEY are the adaptogen stars of the east, not the other ones mentioned. but mushrooms are more subtle, and the average westerner may not even notice them.

I seem to be a rhodiola non-responder. maybe it's because i've yet to try a proper extraction one-- I've read that there are differing schools of thoughts on which are the 'active' components. anyway the others work so well for me that i never put too much research into it but maybe one day i will buy a primo rhodiola extract and try it out.
    You do need to take Rhodiola on a empty stomach and it needs to build up in your system for a week or so for maximum effect.

A 1k Club Member Feedback Score 3 (100%) Scope75's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Established Member Feedback Score 1 (100%) Rodja's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Scope75 View Post
    Where do you pick yours up at??
    I'd like pick up some and try it out for myself.
    Amazon.com: NOW Foods Rhodiola Rhodiola Rosea, 60 Capsules / 500mg (Pack of 2): Health & Personal Care
    M. Ed. Ex Phys

A 1k Club Member Feedback Score 3 (100%) Scope75's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Thanks
    I'll get some coming today.