User Tag List

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234
    Established Member Feedback Score 0 markam's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    There's a supplement from Genomyx that contains Rhodiola at a good dosage and TMG (Trimethylglycine, also known as betaine)
    Might be of interest. I think that the individual cost of a months supply of Rhodiola and Betaine would cost more, anyway. Betaine looks quite interesting, what do you guys think?

Genomyx Origin

Citrulline - 3g
    TMG - 3g
    Rhodiola Rosea - 500mg
    Theanine - 200mg
    Dicaffiene Malate - 200mg
    Synephrine - 20mg

Trimethylglycine Overview:

Increase GH, IGF-1 response to training
    Reduce cortisol response to training
    Improve body composition
    Improve power output and quality of exercise

Trimethylglycine, also known as betaine, is a substance that the body naturally produces. It helps break down homocysteine, an amino acid produced by the body, which in excess leads to cardiovascular problems. The body normally can produce adequate amounts of trimethylglycine on its own and does not need to get it from foods or supplements. Some foods such as seeds, grains, and meat, contain trimethylglycine, but cooking and food processing often destroy it. Trimethylglycine may be used to treat people with high levels of homocysteine, but it may have harmful effects on cholesterol. The forms commonly used as trimethlyglycine supplements are betaine citrate and betaine aspartate.

Read more: Trimethylglycine & Autism | LIVESTRONG.COM
    Last edited by markam; 01-18-2013 at 12:02 PM.

Established Member Feedback Score 1 (100%) Rodja's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I suspect that the rhodiola is whole herb and not standardized. Betaine has gotten a ton of press recently (I know someone who did their dissertation on it as well) and is one of the hot supplements. IIRC, citrulline is not worth its salt unless bound to a malate.
    M. Ed. Ex Phys

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Rodja View Post
    I suspect that the rhodiola is whole herb and not standardized. Betaine has gotten a ton of press recently (I know someone who did their dissertation on it as well) and is one of the hot supplements. IIRC, citrulline is not worth its salt unless bound to a malate.
    Good points. I've found previously that Genomyx are one of the better companies, and it's good that they're not hiding behind proprietary blends. But whether the Rhodiola is standardised or not, I don't know. I'll email them when I get some time. I have tried 'Origin', and liked it. Quite different from many other pre workouts and I like the fact that it doesn't contain creatine.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by markam View Post
    Good points. I've found previously that Genomyx are one of the better companies, and it's good that they're not hiding behind proprietary blends. But whether the Rhodiola is standardised or not, I don't know. I'll email them when I get some time. I have tried 'Origin', and liked it. Quite different from many other pre workouts and I like the fact that it doesn't contain creatine.
    They had a solid formula maker, but he left the company months ago and they haven't done much since then.
    M. Ed. Ex Phys

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I think this is the company he then joined or started: Southland Performance Products - Home

Apparently they will be bringing out a DCP v2 and they have a GDA; Slintensity that isn't on the website. Slintensity was formulated by the same person who formulated Slin-Sane; I guess that's the guy you're referring to.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by markam View Post
    I think this is the company he then joined or started: Southland Performance Products - Home

Apparently they will be bringing out a DCP v2 and they have a GDA; Slintensity that isn't on the website. Slintensity was formulated by the same person who formulated Slin-Sane; I guess that's the guy you're referring to.
    Matt Pearson, who has been with numerous companies including Avant Labs, Scivation, RPN (founder), etc., was their main formulator and they parted last year.
    M. Ed. Ex Phys

A 1k Club Member Feedback Score 1 (100%) nate3993's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    how much Rhodiola Rosea do you take? maca did something to my libido. did nothing for energy though