User Tag List

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Armstrong

Established Member Feedback Score 0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Of course I feel stupid now, but I was on his side at least partially because of his staunch defense of himself over the years. I spotted him the come back from cancer because high end treatment involves anabolic steroids. I figured he just got his doctors just doubled up the dose. However, at the end of the day, fuck it, it's cycling. It's a rich kid sport and only has one significant event a year. I feel bad because the Live Strong organization which does good will suffer because of his lies and his need to resolve his guilt. Be a man and take that shit to your grave. As for cycling governing bodies, those folks need a new rule: if the test don't catch the drug use, the title stands.

Super Moderator Feedback Score 2 (100%) h2s's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Antknee View Post
    ive never been on his side. ive always disliked him and always belived he was dirty.

i dont like usaine bolt either and i have no idea how he or his team mates are not getting nabbed. i do love watching them run though, lol
    Why hate someone for being "Dirty"?

Do not take this as an attack on you, I just really dont understand the logic.

We all here use. We use for no real reason as most are not competitors, not athletes, etc...We just choose to.

In this scenario, these athletes are on a national level. They are up against others who use. Would you suddenly not use because you are pro...when the difference is fading out to nothing because you are not on the same playing field, or competing at the level everyone else is on?

All athletes use in some degree. You like watching them run, because they run well, and that is a combination of their dedication as well as their PED usage. Without the PEDs, sports become less intense.

Also, why are certain things "ok," and others "not." Is an athlete who uses Creatine, Caffeine, Agmatine, etc. etc. etc. to gain an edge not "using" a substance to "gain an athletic edge." Are steroids/EPO different just because they are more effective?

Established Member Feedback Score 1 (100%) Rodja's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by h2s View Post
    Why hate someone for being "Dirty"?

Do not take this as an attack on you, I just really dont understand the logic.

We all here use. We use for no real reason as most are not competitors, not athletes, etc...We just choose to.

In this scenario, these athletes are on a national level. They are up against others who use. Would you suddenly not use because you are pro...when the difference is fading out to nothing because you are not on the same playing field, or competing at the level everyone else is on?

All athletes use in some degree. You like watching them run, because they run well, and that is a combination of their dedication as well as their PED usage. Without the PEDs, sports become less intense.

Also, why are certain things "ok," and others "not." Is an athlete who uses Creatine, Caffeine, Agmatine, etc. etc. etc. to gain an edge not "using" a substance to "gain an athletic edge." Are steroids/EPO different just because they are more effective?
    Or, to take it a step further, the rampant use of opiates (Toradol is under some heavy fire right now) and/or corticosteroids.
    M. Ed. Ex Phys

SwoleSource Member Feedback Score 0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    If anyone knows how they test speak up. Do they just test the podium finishers or all who participate? I think the only difference in first to last place is the quality of the product(gear) used, beginning talent, effort. So, Lance either gave more effort, had more talent, or had better gear. DONE!

Do you think the coach of the Patriots would admit to cheating along with being a good coach? Or the NFL admit to babying certain teams to get a better payday matching those teams. The NBA has fined a coach $250,000 for not playing his star players when a big name team comes to town. Why, they(NBA) want a good show. All sports are rigged one way or another.

A 1k Club Member Feedback Score 3 (100%) Scope75's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    PEDs make sports fun to watch and without them sports wouldn't be the same.
    Could you imagine football, baseball, and sprinting without PEDs??
    Shit would be boring ass hell to watch.
    Baseball had everyone watching when Mark and Sammy where knocking balls out of the park like nobodies busniness. Then the next time baseball took off was when the juice head Bonds killed that record.
    Oh and don't for get about #53 Bill Romanowski...
    Loved the way that guy played the game.
    Last edited by Scope75; 01-17-2013 at 10:07 AM.

SwoleSource Member Feedback Score 0 Avl's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    HTS- i dont hate him for being dirty at all..if i did, id hate most pros in ANY sport. i dont like him, or his attitude once his suspected use became public.. its one thing to deny, but its another attacking and profitting from others for lying. i didnt phrase my original post well, posting from work.

SwoleSource Member Feedback Score 0 Avl's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    one thing i DONT agree with is them nabbing him after he retired- i figure if you beat the test while active, so be it. also no way they should be able to ' back test ' so to speak. for example, keeping samples for yrs, then testing with new technology yrs later to catch a user.

Super Moderator Feedback Score 2 (100%) DJM's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    ^^^i 100% agree with this

Established Member Feedback Score 0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    SOme good points have been made in this thread. as a sports-consuming society, I feel that we fairly demand PED. we wouldn't watch the olympics if the records got worse each year or only slightly better. we expect hockey and football players to go out there, take a huge beating, then come back the next night? month after month? c'mon. it's like dana white saying he was disappointed in overeem for using AAS. fuckin guy has created a monster, a sport which consumes men by the dozens. it's all they can do to stay ahead of injury and AAS would be practically mandatory, i would think, in MMA at a high level, if nothing else for the injury rehab

Sponsor Feedback Score 0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    the only justice for lance armstrong is 24-36 months in federal prisons, like they would for anyone else that did this type of shit. And for Stu Scott of ESPN, who stands behind Livestrong 100%, i feel for you and the repetitive battle with cancer you keep beating. But justifying this is all okay, because Lance did something good with the money, well F*** you and that idea.

Listen, if doing bad things were washed good by performing a good deed, where would it stop. Would heroin trafficking be ok if you donated to a kids in africa the profits? Would genocide be ok, if the spoils of war were directed to increasing development of 3rd world nations?

The mentality that because he did something good with illegal gains is mind boggling to me...Lets tell wall street to go ahead and be corrupt, just give 50% of the profit to charity and we'll over look it...this world has to wake up and proven fraudsters, need to be treated like common everyday citizens...
    Visit RxWhey.com for all your protein and supplement needs. You loved us on Primordial, now we're here to help you on get swole at Swole Source.

For nutritional and training tips, flash sales, and more, visit us at Facebook.com/RxWhey