Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Armstrong

Established Member Feedback Score 0 Sperwer's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Armstrong

Word is that in conjunction with his Oprah moment, Lance will be changing the name of his foundation from "Live Strong" to "Live Juiced" - not that there's anything wrong with that except the honesty of it.
    "The purpose of today's training is to defeat yesterday's understanding."

Super Moderator Feedback Score 2 (100%) DJM's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    the guy is truly a piece of shit
    i dont care bout using PEDS to win, its the millions he spent on lawyers defending his innocence, suing countless media types, effectively destroying other people's lives in a defense of a lie.......only to finally come clean in a miserable attempt to save his failing company

upon his confession, it was reported dozens of counter lawsuits were filed against him.....he may see the 100million hes worth go pretty fast

Established Member Feedback Score 1 (100%) Rodja's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by DJM View Post
    the guy is truly a piece of shit
    i dont care bout using PEDS to win, its the millions he spent on lawyers defending his innocence, suing countless media types, effectively destroying other people's lives in a defense of a lie.......only to finally come clean in a miserable attempt to save his failing company

upon his confession, it was reported dozens of counter lawsuits were filed against him.....he may see the 100million hes worth go pretty fast
    The statute of limitations has passed on many of them, but I could care fucking less. Sports have been elevated to far too lofty of a position in society and, occasionally, shit like this will happen. AAS, EPO, etc. didn't make him a champion, especially in that sport.
    M. Ed. Ex Phys

Super Moderator Feedback Score 2 (100%) h2s's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Re: Armstrong

Quote Originally Posted by Rodja View Post
    The statute of limitations has passed on many of them, but I could care fucking less. Sports have been elevated to far too lofty of a position in society and, occasionally, shit like this will happen. AAS, EPO, etc. didn't make him a champion, especially in that sport.
    As much as I think he is a piece of shit... I agree with this. Someone send me your address, ill send you whatever aas you want and an unlimited supply of EPO. The catch is you have to win the tour.

I don't buy for a second that his usage was rare, just as I don't think there is a single sport that isn't filled with PED usage at the pro level...well except bodybuilding, haha.

Super Moderator Feedback Score 2 (100%) DJM's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    oh i have no problem with the drug use, they all use and only he was winning, much like bonds in baseball

its the other shit, as opposed to being quiet he had his get anyone who talks about me tour

for the tour, id think anyone not using is stupid,cmon.........even look at this board, none of us are pros i believe, fuck alot of guys on here use gear when they look like they dont know where their gym is.......so hard to imagine highly paid highly endorsed world elite athletes are clean......the peds didnt get them there obviously, just used to aid somewhat, and its part of the game

espn 30 for 30, '9.79', not cause hes canadian, but great look inside of the most famous steroid bust, and what pretty much put the spotlight on it

Established Member Feedback Score 1 (100%) Rodja's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by DJM View Post
    oh i have no problem with the drug use, they all use and only he was winning, much like bonds in baseball

its the other shit, as opposed to being quiet he had his get anyone who talks about me tour

for the tour, id think anyone not using is stupid,cmon.........even look at this board, none of us are pros i believe, fuck alot of guys on here use gear when they look like they dont know where their gym is.......so hard to imagine highly paid highly endorsed world elite athletes are clean......the peds didnt get them there obviously, just used to aid somewhat, and its part of the game

espn 30 for 30, '9.79', not cause hes canadian, but great look inside of the most famous steroid bust, and what pretty much put the spotlight on it
    M. Ed. Ex Phys

SwoleSource Member Feedback Score 0 Avl's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    i have no issue with his use..my issue is how indignant he was when accused, sueing anyone ( and collecting money ) for liable if someone dared go against him, and all the other BS he pulled. he's a POS, his work with Livestrong not included.

the general public cracks me up- talking about this the other day with some office people, i told them ' look...he comes back from a cancer death bed, DOMINATES one of the dirtiest sports in the world for a decade and you all think he's clean? Cmon. You just want to beleve that good ' come back' story and believe he cant do any wrong just because of Livestrong..Guess what? Golden Boy was probably the dirtiest of the bunch..." and i went on and on to a nice rant..

A 1k Club Member Feedback Score 0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    it all went to shit when athletes became the standard for morals, good behavior and honesty.

i cant give a shit about the fact that lance has weak morals. why did anyone expect him to be better than everyone who also lie, cheat, steal and do all this shit that everyone does?

its like when tiger was "busted" for boning other chicks and everyone acted like butthurt BFFs of his wife. "i cant believe he would do that, you deserve better than that girl!"

did you guys see the insane amount of butthurt over Bieber's drug and alcohol use? I have always expected this kid to OD before he was 30, but people apparently thought he was following a would-be jesus' steps.

SwoleSource Member Feedback Score 0 AestheticOne's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    LongBall i can't agree with you enough about it being un-realistic that we hold athletes to "christ-like" morals and expect them all to be saints just because they're in the public spot light, but time after time this has been proven not to be the case.

My opinion on the matter is everyone in the sports uses PED's at a pro level, however where lance went astray was i feel he got somewhat greedy and loud, and this came back to bite him in the ass.

I have no respect for him sueing and collecting money on people that were trying to expose him, thats just plain stealing no matter which way you cut it, however i wont discredit him for being the greatest cyclist of all time, i don't think anyone can take that away from him.

A 1k Club Member Feedback Score 0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by AestheticOne View Post
    LongBall i can't agree with you enough about it being un-realistic that we hold athletes to "christ-like" morals and expect them all to be saints just because they're in the public spot light, but time after time this has been proven not to be the case.

My opinion on the matter is everyone in the sports uses PED's at a pro level, however where lance went astray was i feel he got somewhat greedy and loud, and this came back to bite him in the ass.

I have no respect for him sueing and collecting money on people that were trying to expose him, thats just plain stealing no matter which way you cut it, however i wont discredit him for being the greatest cyclist of all time, i don't think anyone can take that away from him.
    agreed, him ruining other people's lives and credibility was worse than any substance use.

and i believe everyone will take any athletic achievement away from him due to his use.