User Tag List

Page 7 of 11 FirstFirst ... 56789 ... LastLast
    A 1k Club Member Feedback Score 3 (100%) Scope75's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by BBG View Post
    "Just sayin' if you aren't spending $200 a month on Antaeus Labs products, you're doing everything wrong."

-BBG, supplement marketing guru.
    Will doing that get me jacked and swole??? Lol
    I want on the auto ship program.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Here's a simple John Meadows meal plan!!!

I would do 3-4 meals and probably 2 fast-digesting shakes. Here is an example:

Meal 1 – Organic pastured eggs, some avocado, and some veggies
    Meal 2 – A high-quality shake (not whey that’s been exposed to heat or acidic treatments which denature the protein), along with some organic nut butter
    Meal 3 – Lean meat (could be grass-fed beef), more veggies, and some brown rice
    Meal 4 – Another shake with some raw nuts
    Meal 5 – Lean fish with some oats and more nut butter
    TRAIN
    Meal 6 – More lean fish or meat with some sweet potato and some berries

Established Member Feedback Score 0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    i signed up on mountaindogdiet.com, i really want to take my nutrition and training to the next level this year. his website has a ton of info.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Question:
    MDog - this has been such an enlightening discussion - ok, something simple, what are your top 10 foods that should be in my diet if I am starting over (I am changing the way I eat 100% to match your recommendations).

Answer:
    Thank you! My list would be
    Grass fed beef (Ground beef - all cuts - remember, the magic is in the fat)
    organic free range eggs
    wild caught salmon
    organic blueberries (high on ORAC scale)
    Organic Kale (high on ORAC scale)
    raw full fat milk
    liver
    brown rice
    Various nuts - soaked if you have any issue at all with digestion
    sprouted grains

Question:
    John, I have had low test levels for the last few years, and working out has been a struggle. I have incorporated your recommendations into my diet, and I have to say, this is the best I have felt in years. My strength is skyrocketing, I am setting new PRs every week, and I just feel so much better mood-wise. Just wanted to thank you. I now love beef liver, whole eggs, and grass fed beef, when I used to mainly eat tuna/chicken and rice. You live and you learn I guess.

Answer:
    I want to talk more about why I believe this gentleman's personal bests are not placebo. I am a huge believer in saturated fat (in the right quantity, and the right type) and fat soluble vitamins A,D,E, and K.

Think about this, we know that Vitamin A is essential for mineral and protein metabolism, production of sex hormones, and thyroid function. Now those sound pretty important to not only someone concerned about general health, but to a bodybuilder as well too right. Now if animals are not consuming green grass - they will be missing a great deal of of Vitamin A (and K actually)...so egg yolks, liver, butterfat in milk etc..will be much lower in fat soluble vitamins...

If an animal is raised in confinement without the sun also, now you have a double whammy - lack of vitamin D ( needed for healthy insulin production, nervous system, and protection against heart disease...hmmm..those sound pretty important too huh...

Those are just a few of the reasons of why I am so anti grain fed and pro grass fed.
    Last edited by ctAL; 01-20-2013 at 11:56 AM.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I enjoy everything in that list!!!
    Time to go shopping again!!
    Raw organic cheese FTW!!!

- - - Updated - - -

Oh and post up any good info you find.
    I know I'll appreciate it.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Scope75 View Post
    I enjoy everything in that list!!!
    Time to go shopping again!!
    Raw organic cheese FTW!!!

- - - Updated - - -

Oh and post up any good info you find.
    I know I'll appreciate it.
    of course Scope anything that sticks out was my plan..............like i said he has a boat load of info and archived q&a as far back as 2010 to now.

so yea ill keep this thread going for sure.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by ctAL View Post
    of course Scope anything that sticks out was my plan..............like i said he has a boat load of info and archived q&a as far back as 2010 to now.

so yea ill keep this thread going for sure.
    Great and thanks!!
    Reading what John meadows, John kiefer, and a few others have to say about diet and nutrition was really opened up my eyes and has me switching up my diet plan big time.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Question:
    CHRIS – Jedi Meadows. In your opinion when does the "post workout-carb-shuttled-to-muscle-not-fat" window actually begin? Once weight is reracked? Once you’re in the car? Etc. I would just like your opinion on when the 30min-1hr window starts.

Answer:
    JOHN: Man there is some serious debtate on that. Here is my gut feeling. If I don't eat carbs within 90 or so minutes, I notice more soreness the next day. In my simplistic way of thinking, this may equate to me missing the window. I never miss the protein part (Casein hydrolysates are huge with recovery), so that is the only variable that changes leading me to believe that. Since everybody has different metabolisms, trains differently, etc, I am sure there is some play in that (less or more). FYI, I wait 30 minutes after training (in which I drank alot of casein hydrolysates), then have 40-50- grams of protein. 45-60 minutes after that I have carbs and more protein most of the time.

Question:
    JOE: Do you have a multivitamin you recommend?

Answer:
    JOHN: I don’t actually. I think they are unnecessary if your diet is well rounded. I do see the need for supplemental Vitamin D, especially in people that don’t get out in the sun much, and I can also see times of stress where Vitamin C with bioflavonoids can be beneficial. Your body always does better using the nutrients in food form however. So save some money on this one and say no.
    Last edited by ctAL; 01-21-2013 at 10:19 PM.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Question:
    John, I am scared to follow your diet because I have always heard cholesterol is bad, please relieve my concerns so that I can make the leap as the others on here have, and experienced great results.

Answer:
    I don't blame you my friend! I was in the same boat as you at one time. I was totally sucked into the lipid hypothesis. I get asked alot about managing cholesterol...

My very short story of what I believe..

First of all, cholesterol is the strongest anti-oxidant in your body. It heals...

Sugar and trans fat cause arterial inflammation....so cholesterol is sent to the arteries to repair them...If you lower refined sugars, and transfats, your total cholesterol will come down. So when you try to eliminate cholesterol from your body, it's kind of like blowing up the ambulance that is going to a car wreck...you're killing the wrong thing.

I have people reduce carbs, and take Alpha Lipoic Acid, Chromiun Piccolinate or both with carb meals (which def helps get you leaner during dieting phases too btw), and it works every time.

Also, low fat, low cholesterol diets are reeeaaly unnatural because of cholesterol being a parent molecule to so many adrenal gland hormones. When I have people with low test levels, I bomb them with Liver and Whole eggs (free range only). They always feel better, feel stronger, and usually their HDL goes up. Now I know that your liver increases or decreases cholesterol output based on your diet, but when you don't eat any saturated fat or cholesterol, you really stress it...

Hope this helps! By the way - cholesterol readings above 200 have never been proven to casue a great incidence in heart disease EVER. Don't even bring up the name Ancel Keys, or we will have a war on our hands. HAHA.

Established Member Feedback Score 1 (100%) Rulk's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Great stuff ctAL. Appreciate the nuggets.