User Tag List

New Member Feedback Score 0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

royal rumbleand road to wrestlemania predictions

Any thoughts here on how royal rumble plays out? I think Rock wins and holds the title at least up until Wrestlemania but I can't figure out who his wrestlemania opponent would be. Somehow, I am guessing they work in the Cena angle again so it ends up being a re-match which Cena would win, re-legitimizing Cena as the face of the company (after a year with no titles).

predictions on the RR match itself...
    when is Undertaker gonna start cutting promos for WM or is he really out-it feels like it's getting too close to start a build-up
    where the heck is HHH?
    Any other thoughts related to the road to WM...

Super Moderator Feedback Score 2 (100%) DJM's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    cena vs rock v punk
    hhh vs brock

they truly need new writers, its sad the directions they go in......especially at mania when they can make stars.....i dont know why i watch anymore

what is shit too, is its in ny, where im sure the crowd will be pro punk, but he'll job out to cena so rock is protected......with 4wks left i dont see a build to taker/punk........sadly only 2 main event matches, both no one wants to see

Established Member Feedback Score 1 (100%) Rodja's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by DJM View Post
    cena vs rock v punk
    hhh vs brock

they truly need new writers, its sad the directions they go in......especially at mania when they can make stars.....i dont know why i watch anymore

what is shit too, is its in ny, where im sure the crowd will be pro punk, but he'll job out to cena so rock is protected......with 4wks left i dont see a build to taker/punk........sadly only 2 main event matches, both no one wants to see
    Taker is out. His hip won't let him perform up to his standards and is saving himself for WM XXX. The Del Rio/Swagger match has great potential, especially considering the political climate, the fact WM is in NY with a heavy Latin crowd, and with Mantell working the mic. However, something tells me that it won't matter much as Ziggler has to cash in the MITB if he's going to ever truly emerge as a main eventer. He's already huge in NY and it makes perfect sense for him to go over.

Where I don't know what to expect is where they go with Ryback, Sheamus, Shield, Hell No, etc. The Shield is easily the best stable they've had come down the pipe in ages and they're bringing them along well. It helps that all three of them are immensely talented and fantastic workers. At some point, I do expect them to add another guy to the stable whether it be a monster heel (Bray Wyatt from NXT would be a good addition) or someone who feels shafted by their current state (Ryder?).
    M. Ed. Ex Phys

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

hero i think
    wyatt is good on his own

ill assume lumped into tag title match, especially with i all the freebird references i called months ago tag title run with freebird rules

they could have easily had sheamus brogue kick ryback in either 6 man n cause heat n eventual showdown at mania

they miss alot of opportunities creative

ziggler opens vs y2j n loses
    cashes in later, keeps feud going n the swagger del rio story

mark henry, orton still out there, fkn orton every year has no work

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ryder tho, in ny, to put them over hell no via interference would be huge for him, especially after the bs last yr

Established Member Feedback Score 1 (100%) Rodja's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by DJM View Post
    hero i think
    wyatt is good on his own

ill assume lumped into tag title match, especially with i all the freebird references i called months ago tag title run with freebird rules

they could have easily had sheamus brogue kick ryback in either 6 man n cause heat n eventual showdown at mania

they miss alot of opportunities creative

ziggler opens vs y2j n loses
    cashes in later, keeps feud going n the swagger del rio story

mark henry, orton still out there, fkn orton every year has no work
    I picture the same scenario with Ziggler similarly to Bret from way back at WM X. Orton has to turn heel soon or he's going to be stuck in purgatory even longer. His match v Kane last year was meh, but his match v Punk the year before was great.

Hero doesn't add much of a dimension to Shield as far as he's roughly the same size and build as both Rollins and Ambrose. Tensai would've been someone that could've been added with the whole misused angle, but him and Clay have been getting good pops and it's a pretty damn entertaining angle to make both of them relevant again.

With a 4 hours show, there's a way to make room for all of them in some form or fashion. If they added a MITB match, that would solve most of the problems as you can get 5-6 solid guys in there and those matches are always great. You could use Orton, Sheamus, Kofi, Rey, Henry, and Rhodes for it with a shot at the WWE championship at stake.
    M. Ed. Ex Phys