Page 17 of 44 FirstFirst ... 7151617181927 ... LastLast
    Established Member Feedback Score 0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Tyranny in America? Somewhat funny vid

Quote Originally Posted by longBallLima View Post
    Well, IMO the fact that he proposed gun control doesn't mean Obama is not a disappointment as a president.

At one point in life, we all thought it was absurd that there were metal detectors in school. Now we're talking about a police officer there. If someone successfully shoots kids again, we'll need a military base by the school, right?
    So you're saying that a police officer in the school is a knee jerk reaction but making all guns illegal is not one?

A 1k Club Member Feedback Score 0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Coolazice View Post
    I call BS on that unless you can provide proof. I will happily apologize if I'm wrong though.
    I'm gonna go ahead and assume it was a somewhat sarcastic exaggeration. You know, like "i've said it a thousand times!" when you only said it, like 7?

again, just my interpretation.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Macdon1588 View Post
    So you're saying that a police officer in the school is a knee jerk reaction but making all guns illegal is not one?
    i dont think there's a single post here saying "all guns", but i could be mistaken.

but i think gun control is actually at the root of the gun violence problem, but i dont know, one of us could be completely insane, so there's a 50% chance it's me

Established Member Feedback Score 2 (100%) Coolazice's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    - People die because of abundance of Deer. Control deer, but not guns.
    - Knives are just as lethal as guns. The Sandy Hook shooter could have done the same with a knife by smart use of doors. Look at the military. Some of them must go to Iraq loaded with nothing but knives of every variety, since they are so lethal and effective.
    - Government sucks. So let's not have gun control, because, you know, government sucks. Obama uses drones to kill kids, so we should all be allowed to kill kids too, cuz if the president can, the government has no excuse for any other measure.

When those points are made, it might be time to re-evaluate what reason is.
    Wow... you are hopeless. Hope nobody ever needs to use a gun to protect or feed you or your family because you'd feel like a real ass then, wouldn't you?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by bikeswimlive View Post
    There was an armed officer at Columbine. Did it work there?
    I can't remember all of the circumstances, but I am certain an armed officer and the right protocol would save lives. Let my ask you this, you rather have an officer of the law in your child's school or not? If not why?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    If the government becomes tyrannical, if a burglar comes into your home to steal, rape or kill, just get a knife and hide behind the door. If you're motivated enough, it works, it's what I learned from this discussion.

- - - Updated - - -

I can't remember all of the circumstances, but I am certain an armed officer and the right protocol would save lives. Let my ask you this, you rather have an officer of the law in your child's school or not? If not why?
    I do. There was an armed officer. Now, the excuse is the training? is that the projection when Sandy Hook 2 happens and there's an officer there? "He wasn't trained enough", "He didn't have enough guns","The NRA said there should be, perhaps, 2 officers"?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I'm gonna go ahead and assume it was a somewhat sarcastic exaggeration. You know, like "i've said it a thousand times!" when you only said it, like 7?

again, just my interpretation.

- - - Updated - - -

i dont think there's a single post here saying "all guns", but i could be mistaken.

but i think gun control is actually at the root of the gun violence problem, but i dont know, one of us could be completely insane, so there's a 50% chance it's me
    It seems to me that, since all guns can kill equally, that gun control is ultimately an all or not proposition. If you're solely for an assault weapons ban, well, then by numbers, because that seems to what matters, you're only a removing a small fraction of the guns that kill people. What guns are you okay with me owning?

SwoleSource Member Feedback Score 0 bikeswimlive's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Let me ask you this, who would pay for the officer? The training? I would want a highly trained employee, not some rent-a-cop rambo. Also, if you were planning a mass murder and you knew there was a single armed guard, wouldn't you target that person first?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Coolazice View Post
    Wow... you are hopeless. Hope nobody ever needs to use a gun to protect or feed you or your family because you'd feel like a real ass then, wouldn't you?
    I certainly hope no one goes in your kids or grandkids school and slaughters them with the guns you so proudly defend, you'd feel like an ass and borderline murderer then, wouldn't you?

I've seen plenty more gun violence in my time than you have, I can guarantee that. I didn't spend my life in the woods and actually know what some of the rest of the world looks like, so before you talk about my experiences defending my family, you may want to evaluate your own.

Super Moderator Feedback Score 2 (100%) DJM's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

If the government becomes tyrannical, if a burglar comes into your home to steal, rape or kill, just get a knife and hide behind the door. If you're motivated enough, it works, it's what I learned from this discussion.

- - - Updated - - -

I do. There was an armed officer. Now, the excuse is the training? is that the projection when Sandy Hook 2 happens and there's an officer there? "He wasn't trained enough", "He didn't have enough guns","The NRA said there should be, perhaps, 2 officers"?
    I said protocol not training. Entrances need to be secured and main entrances can be designed to isolate a would be attacker.