Page 5 of 44 FirstFirst ... 3456715 ... LastLast
    Established Member Feedback Score 0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Tyranny in America? Somewhat funny vid

Quote Originally Posted by h2s View Post
    An armed individual enters a school where your child attends. Would you rather the individual have a 6-bullet capacity handgun, or a 60-bullet capacity Ar-15? That is the difference between an assuault rifle and a standard "gun." If you state that you don't see a difference, then I refuse to believe you have any intelligence behind your view, and are so-stuck in your argument that logic has been toppled.

A semi-automatic rifle provides an extremely fast range of fire. That 60 bullet clip can be emptied in 60 seconds. This is a rifle designed to provide an assualt-like attack. It can be fired into a crowd of people and hit with great accuracy. It also provides a much larger range of fire than a standard semi-automatic pistol. A combination that can be, and has proven to be deadly.

The logic side of me says do away with guns compeltely. Do not feed me the bullshit about how citizens would become enslaved, etc.. The fact of the matter is this country has more guns, and in turn, more gun-related violence. We are the number one country for homicides involving guns. Countries with stringent laws against guns also happen to see the least gun violence. This is fact, not opinion.

Unfortunately, the constitutional supporting side of me states that guns should stay, albiet I see the need for regulation (including registry). I also realize that there are so many guns in this country that a complete removal wouldn't work, and would leave the weapon balance in the hands of the criminal.
    Sure, the assault rifle eases the rate at which people are killed. However, don't kid yourself with the idea that a this would have been less tragic had he only had nine round clips. Any amount of children killed is too much of a loss. He killed at close range, so did the wacko in Colorado. The weapon is irrelevant. Without guns, people could use bombs. You might laugh, but that happened here in Oklahoma.

Your logic side must see the long history of tyranny against the powerless. The presence of guns in society balances power and enables people to defend themselves. Also, Switzerland defeats the more guns equals more violence mantra professed by progressively minded folks. They're more educated about guns, all males own fully automatic rifles and they enjoy a low crime rate. America has less violent crimes per capita than some other countries with stricter gun laws such as Britain just more gun violence. Violent crimes on the whole are down to historic lows in the US. Plus, less politically correct, most gun violence is probably gang violence. When a gang member kills another gang member, society wins. There's a confusion that guns cause violence, when, actually, violence is caused by a plurality of reasons whereas the gun is only a means to an end. More over, gun laws don't work in the places in this country where they are in place.

Again, if this wack-job would have, say, killed one child, would it have been less tragic? No. He should have been in an asylum years ago, and shame on his dead mother for not properly securing her weapons. Fix our real problems and gun violence will go down, but remove guns, and like it or, we endanger the very freedom we are based upon.

A 1k Club Member Feedback Score 1 (100%) Freepressright's Avatar
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I'm no conspiracy theorist, but I urge you to watch this with an open mind and give me your analysis of what's presented. I did and it instilled in me a lot of skepticism.

The Sandy Hook Shooting - Fully Exposed - YouTube

SwoleSource Member Feedback Score 0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Re: Tyranny in America? Somewhat funny vid

Quote Originally Posted by Macdon1588 View Post
    Sure, the assault rifle eases the rate at which people are killed. However, don't kid yourself with the idea that a this would have been less tragic had he only had nine round clips. Any amount of children killed is too much of a loss. He killed at close range, so did the wacko in Colorado. The weapon is irrelevant. Without guns, people could use bombs. You might laugh, but that happened here in Oklahoma.

Your logic side must see the long history of tyranny against the powerless. The presence of guns in society balances power and enables people to defend themselves. Also, Switzerland defeats the more guns equals more violence mantra professed by progressively minded folks. They're more educated about guns, all males own fully automatic rifles and they enjoy a low crime rate. America has less violent crimes per capita than some other countries with stricter gun laws such as Britain just more gun violence. Violent crimes on the whole are down to historic lows in the US. Plus, less politically correct, most gun violence is probably gang violence. When a gang member kills another gang member, society wins. There's a confusion that guns cause violence, when, actually, violence is caused by a plurality of reasons whereas the gun is only a means to an end. More over, gun laws don't work in the places in this country where they are in place.

Again, if this wack-job would have, say, killed one child, would it have been less tragic? No. He should have been in an asylum years ago, and shame on his dead mother for not properly securing her weapons. Fix our real problems and gun violence will go down, but remove guns, and like it or, we endanger the very freedom we are based upon.
    Yea ask the Chinese about Tiananmen Square, and gun control.

Sent from my DROIDX using Tapatalk 2

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    An armed individual enters a school where your child attends. Would you rather the individual have a 6-bullet capacity handgun, or a 60-bullet capacity Ar-15? That is the difference between an assuault rifle and a standard "gun." If you state that you don't see a difference, then I refuse to believe you have any intelligence behind your view, and are so-stuck in your argument that logic has been toppled.

A semi-automatic rifle provides an extremely fast range of fire. That 60 bullet clip can be emptied in 60 seconds. This is a rifle designed to provide an assualt-like attack. It can be fired into a crowd of people and hit with great accuracy. It also provides a much larger range of fire than a standard semi-automatic pistol. A combination that can be, and has proven to be deadly.

The logic side of me says do away with guns compeltely. Do not feed me the bullshit about how citizens would become enslaved, etc.. The fact of the matter is this country has more guns, and in turn, more gun-related violence. We are the number one country for homicides involving guns. Countries with stringent laws against guns also happen to see the least gun violence. This is fact, not opinion.

Unfortunately, the constitutional supporting side of me states that guns should stay, albiet I see the need for regulation (including registry). I also realize that there are so many guns in this country that a complete removal wouldn't work, and would leave the weapon balance in the hands of the criminal.
    The latest figures obtained by the FBI, violent crime offenses in the United States have been falling since 2007. The five year trend clearly shows that, despite there being an ongoing national debate about gun violence in America, violent crime itself is actually becoming less of a problem.

070113graph1.JPG

The graph I uploaded from the Department of Justice also highlights the fact that over the last 40 years, the amount of guns in America per 1000 people has increased, whereas serious violent crimes have decreased.

070113graph2.JPG

In addition, despite the media drumbeat that murders involving guns represent the number one safety threat to American citizens, the reality is completely the opposite.

070113graph4.JPG

Amongst the “top ten killers” in the United States, homicide by firearms is at the bottom of the list, according to figures from the CDC and the FBI. Almost 20 times more people die in the United States from medical errors than they do from firearm homicides, but there is no outcry to slap draconian regulations on the medical industry.

All of these figures indicate that rising gun ownership does not cause a rise in violent crime.

Established Member Feedback Score 2 (100%) Coolazice's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Freepressright View Post
    I'm no conspiracy theorist, but I urge you to watch this with an open mind and give me your analysis of what's presented. I did and it instilled in me a lot of skepticism.

The Sandy Hook Shooting - Fully Exposed - YouTube
    I watched it. It certainly does make one think and wonder. I believe handguns were used (as originally reported)... not a .223.

Super Moderator Feedback Score 2 (100%) h2s's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by BigCLS View Post
    Lets be glad this wasn't done with a 6 round 12 gauge. Probably more children dead, and more wounded.

I wonder what the argument would be then?

Unless the shot gun is capable of reloading quick enough that 60 targets can be hit within a few minutes, I don't see how they relate.

However, A shot gun with a high rate of fire would qualify as an assualt weapon to me as well.

To be honest, I don't know alot about shotguns. Aren't they mostly pump-action?

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Unless the shot gun is capable of reloading quick enough that 60 targets can be hit within a few minutes, I don't see how they relate.

However, A shot gun with a high rate of fire would qualify as an assualt weapon to me as well.

Shotguns exist in all forms and fashions. There are:

1. Hinge action, single barrels
    2. Hinge action, double barrels
    3. Pump action
    4. Bolt Action
    5. Lever Action
    6. Semi-automatic

Hinge-action single barrels and pumps probably make up the bulk of mainstream shotgun ownership. One .00 buckshot round from a 12 gauge fires 9 pellets measuring about 30-caliber each. Even a standard pump shotgun can be a devastating weapon.

SwoleSource Member Feedback Score 0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Re: Tyranny in America? Somewhat funny vid

We used pump shotguns in theaters of war many times. Pumps were used routinely in Vietnam.

Sixty targets, or any entire class room would be wasted if they were bunched together ala sitting down

Its not the mag capacity thats the problem, because we are always going to have people killing people.

A 1k Club Member Feedback Score 0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Macdon1588 View Post

I'm curious. The right to bear arms and such is to be able to overthrow a tyrannic government. McVeigh thought exactly that of his government and tried to overthrow it with his crazy methods. How do you constitution worshipers do not defend his right to do exactly what he did?

To be clear, I don't and I think he's insane. Partly because he didn't seem to understand that the constitution as it was written as an intelligent document for that context. IMO, that's no longer the case.

Established Member Feedback Score 0 markam's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

X2