Page 7 of 44 FirstFirst ... 5678917 ... LastLast
    Established Member Feedback Score 0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Tyranny in America? Somewhat funny vid

Quote Originally Posted by longBallLima View Post
    I'm curious. The right to bear arms and such is to be able to overthrow a tyrannic government. McVeigh thought exactly that of his government and tried to overthrow it with his crazy methods. How do you constitution worshipers do not defend his right to do exactly what he did?

To be clear, I don't and I think he's insane. Partly because he didn't seem to understand that the constitution as it was written as an intelligent document for that context. IMO, that's no longer the case.
    The right to bear arms is more than just as a safe guard against tyranny, it empowers people to defend themselves. McVeigh did not follow law and was not under direct attack. His was a criminal action. I brought him up as perfect example of how crazies don't need guns.

I do not worship the constitution, but I do prize what's left of my freedom, and our constitution, in its purest form insures freedom. I think people are living a fairy tale if they believe this government can protect them simply by changing laws. It's frankly stupid. The government is incompetent and corrupt. Do you really want to give these assholes more power? That seems like a bad idea to me.

A 1k Club Member Feedback Score 1 (100%) Freepressright's Avatar
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by h2s View Post
    I am going to say my peace and then back out of this thread for all purposes but moderation:

1. A top 10 cause of death in a country, especially one US sized, is a big fucking deal. Whether than is #1 on the list or #2 on the list. Should the government legalize heroin since it accounts for such a small rate of death when looking at the country as a whole? Fuck that isn't even a proper example, because the drug effects the user, in this case, normal citizens lose their life to someone practicing their bullshit fucking "right" to bear a weapon designed to kill people.

2. Fuck your rights. I am not talking directly to users here, but how many fucking gun slinging second amendment singing, republican party fanatics are the same people begging for the rights of a person to own a fucking tool of death, but are the same people who are appauled that a man and another man who are in love could become married, or that a woman can choose what to do with her own fucking body when pregnant. Fuck I hate conservatives in this country.

3. Guns kill. There is no other purpose for them, they fucking kill. If they don't kill, they are not functioning. Owning a hand gun to protect yourself, and owning a gun capable of wiping out a group of students in a room in a single clip, in mere minutes, are two completely different things.

4. This country needs to stop sucking the fore-father's dicks. Do you think these guys knew what an AR-15 was when they wrote the second amendment? The constitution, in literal sense, does not define the current age. Rather this country interprets the laws as they see fit through legislation (another great process of this country, eyeroll).

There I am done. Inb4 someone calls me anti-american, I really dont care. This is why I stay out of these discussions.
    Well, you've certainly scrapped logic and actual thinking in favor of an emotional tirade.

This badge-carrying libertarian is proud of his Second Amendment rights, and the Constitution, and always will be.

Super Moderator Feedback Score 2 (100%) DJM's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I am going to say my peace and then back out of this thread for all purposes but moderation:

1. A top 10 cause of death in a country, especially one US sized, is a big fucking deal. Whether than is #1 on the list or #2 on the list. Should the government legalize heroin since it accounts for such a small rate of death when looking at the country as a whole? Fuck that isn't even a proper example, because the drug effects the user, in this case, normal citizens lose their life to someone practicing their bullshit fucking "right" to bear a weapon designed to kill people.

2. Fuck your rights. I am not talking directly to users here, but how many fucking gun slinging second amendment singing, republican party fanatics are the same people begging for the rights of a person to own a fucking tool of death, but are the same people who are appauled that a man and another man who are in love could become married, or that a woman can choose what to do with her own fucking body when pregnant. Fuck I hate conservatives in this country.

3. Guns kill. There is no other purpose for them, they fucking kill. If they don't kill, they are not functioning. Owning a hand gun to protect yourself, and owning a gun capable of wiping out a group of students in a room in a single clip, in mere minutes, are two completely different things.

4. This country needs to stop sucking the fore-father's dicks. Do you think these guys knew what an AR-15 was when they wrote the second amendment? The constitution, in literal sense, does not define the current age. Rather this country interprets the laws as they see fit through legislation (another great process of this country, eyeroll).

There I am done. Inb4 someone calls me anti-american, I really dont care. This is why I stay out of these discussions.
    i applaud you
    being non american i didnt wanna touch this , especially cause of how americans hold that ammendement so dearly despite it being 2013

SwoleSource Member Feedback Score 0 bikeswimlive's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

... let's not forget the fore-fathers wrote law that stated only white men could own property. Slavery was legal. Women and minorities couldn't vote. So you mean to tell me these conservatives wish we could go back to that "because our fore-fathers intended it".....

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Freepressright View Post
    Well, you've certainly scrapped logic and actual thinking in favor of an emotional tirade.

This badge-carrying libertarian is proud of his Second Amendment rights, and the Constitution, and always will be.
    so against gay marriage? lol

A 1k Club Member Feedback Score 0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Macdon1588 View Post
    The right to bear arms is more than just as a safe guard against tyranny, it empowers people to defend themselves. McVeigh did not follow law and was not under direct attack. His was a criminal action. I brought him up as perfect example of how crazies don't need guns.

I do not worship the constitution, but I do prize what's left of my freedom, and our constitution, in its purest form insures freedom. I think people are living a fairy tale if they believe this government can protect them simply by changing laws. It's frankly stupid. The government is incompetent and corrupt. Do you really want to give these assholes more power? That seems like a bad idea to me.

I keep hearing how "the constitution is under attack", "our rights are under attack". Seems a little subjective when one feels he is under attack or not.
    He wasn't following the law? Doesn't the constitution state that he could try to put together a militia to blow up the government if he felt it was tyrannic?

Another thing I don't get is that not one gun rights defender is jumping all over Arizona and other gun-nut states for illegal searches under the constitution.
    Makes me think that it has nothing to do with the constitution and the good of the people, but the selfish exercise of pouting when something THEY like is affected by change.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by bikeswimlive View Post
    ... let's not forget the fore-fathers wrote law that stated only white men could own property. Slavery was legal. Women and minorities couldn't vote. So you mean to tell me these conservatives wish we could go back to that "because our fore-fathers intended it".....
    zinger!!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by bikeswimlive View Post
    hey now, don't go all making sense and such :P

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by longBallLima View Post
    I keep hearing how "the constitution is under attack", "our rights are under attack". Seems a little subjective when one feels he is under attack or not.
    He wasn't following the law? Doesn't the constitution state that he could try to put together a militia to blow up the government if he felt it was tyrannic?

Another thing I don't get is that not one gun rights defender is jumping all over Arizona and other gun-nut states for illegal searches under the constitution.
    Makes me think that it has nothing to do with the constitution and the good of the people, but the selfish exercise of pouting when something THEY like is affected by change.
    ari wise, us in general, why is it such an issue that mex illegals are 'taking' jobs, but huge american cooporations are allowd to outsource work to make billions?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by DJM View Post
    ari wise, us in general, why is it such an issue that mex illegals are 'taking' jobs, but huge american cooporations are allowd to outsource work to make billions?
    because mexicans "taking jobs" helps poor brown people. american corporations outsourcing helps rich white people.

- - - Updated - - -

and i'll say this, as much as i'll take him over the other guy, obama is a pretty big disappointment. so it's not about that to me.