Quote Originally Posted by longBallLima View Post
I'm curious. The right to bear arms and such is to be able to overthrow a tyrannic government. McVeigh thought exactly that of his government and tried to overthrow it with his crazy methods. How do you constitution worshipers do not defend his right to do exactly what he did?

To be clear, I don't and I think he's insane. Partly because he didn't seem to understand that the constitution as it was written as an intelligent document for that context. IMO, that's no longer the case.
The right to bear arms is more than just as a safe guard against tyranny, it empowers people to defend themselves. McVeigh did not follow law and was not under direct attack. His was a criminal action. I brought him up as perfect example of how crazies don't need guns.

I do not worship the constitution, but I do prize what's left of my freedom, and our constitution, in its purest form insures freedom. I think people are living a fairy tale if they believe this government can protect them simply by changing laws. It's frankly stupid. The government is incompetent and corrupt. Do you really want to give these assholes more power? That seems like a bad idea to me.