User Tag List

Page 10 of 44 FirstFirst ... 8910111220 ... LastLast
    Established Member Feedback Score 1 (100%) Rodja's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Coolazice View Post
    How would you anti-gun guys handle things like deer over-population if it wasn't for hunters helping the problem? In a city near me - there is a concentration of 33 deer per square mile. This is the cause of the highest rate of car-deer accidents in Ohio, among other problems.
    Ever heard of a bow and arrow?
    M. Ed. Ex Phys

SwoleSource Member Feedback Score 0 bikeswimlive's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by h2s View Post
    Yep, you are right. We certainly didn't see a host of regulations and safety measures implemented post 9/11. Very well thought out post.
    I'm required to accept that I have to remove my shoes, get a body scan, submit my luggage to unnecessary search and seizure, and potentially a cavity search just to ride on a mass transit vehicle.

Want a gun? Have cash? Good to go.

Established Member Feedback Score 2 (100%) Coolazice's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by bikeswimlive View Post
    You aren't clever enough to realize I turned your "well if you ban our gunzzzz wut bout dem durr" argument against reality that the only proposed ban is on assault weaponry and magazine size (not to mention common sense proposals to streamline the background check process). So let me make this very clear, I was mocking you.

Instead of seeing my obvious sarcasm you jumped onto the fact that I now live in Arkansas. Here comes some background knowledge (GASP) I was born in tOSU medical center friend and I lived 20 years of my life in NE Ohio (probably a place you will live and die) and let me assure you, I've seen more inbred, hick, backwoods, toothless, meth munching in Ohio than I have in my neck of the South. So before you spout off about my chosen home, I'd suggest checking out Newcomerstown, Coshocton, Steubenville, Urichsville, Sugarcreek, Dover, Delaware, Minerva, etc.

Try again bud. Try again.
    This 'discussion' hasn't been limited to the "only proposed ban is on assault weaponry and magazine size" that you stated.

You obviously need to read (or re-read) this: The Truth About Assault Weapons (because you clearly don't know what an assault rifle is)

You still didn't answer the question I posed.

A 1k Club Member Feedback Score 1 (100%) Freepressright's Avatar
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Removing guns from the equation all together, if you trust the federal government to have your best interests at heart, if you truly believe one political party over the other truly cares about you and represents your best interests and if you think that the government doesn't voraciously waste your tax dollars at every turn, you are the highest-caliber of fool I know.

I don't have a violent bone in my body with respect to the government, but I recognize that it's a machine designed to deceive. As I said earlier, Barack Obama is Dick Cheney, only with charisma.

When upon-order kill lists, NDAA, warrantless wiretapping, never-ending wars and the killing of children and women in drone strikes are the order of the day, get back to me on your Democrat or Republican paradigm and which one is truly better.

Fuck 'em both. Neither is worth a squirt of piss.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by h2s View Post
    Yep, you are right. We certainly didn't see a host of regulations and safety measures implemented post 9/11. Very well thought out post.
    There's safety measures in place for guns and the safe and responsible use of them, bomb-building supplies and laws to prevent DUI/DWI's.... Do they always work??? NO!!!

Super Moderator Feedback Score 2 (100%) h2s's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    There's safety measures in place for guns and the safe and responsible use of them, bomb-building supplies and laws to prevent DUI/DWI's.... Do they always work??? NO!!!
    Safety measures in place for guns? There are states with legal private sale. I can right now decided I want to shoot you and everyone else in this thread, head to a gun shop, purchase a gun, ammo, body armor, etc....walk over to your house and shoot you. The call is for regulation, don't claim that the regulation exists.

Do you really think that laws against DUI/DWI do not lower their occurance? Do you think if we got rid of the law that there would be no increase in occurance? Please...

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Rodja View Post
    Ever heard of a bow and arrow?
    Yep, I have. A gun provides a quicker and slightly more humane death to the animal, IMO. Also, guns are more likely to actually end the animals life rather than it escaping injured but not fatally.

Established Member Feedback Score 1 (100%) Rodja's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I can only speak for TX, but the laws on DUI here aren't that scary. It takes 3 offenses before serious jail time (unless a child is in the car), which is pretty damn laxed.
    M. Ed. Ex Phys

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    You still didn't answer the question I posed.
    No because it has nothing to do with reality. I could ask you what will happen to rainbows if we ban unicorns, but what is the point. There will never be an outright ban of guns. Do you propose that the multi-billion dollar gun industry is supported only by the Right Wing? Get real. Democrats, Republicans, Libertarians, independents etc all enjoy fire arms and our legal right to possess them.

What is being put forth is a responsible look at gun policy. Nothing outrageous has been proposed. Turn off Fox News and unsub from the NRA newsletter (which isn't altruistic, but the most powerful lobby in America funded by corporations).

You never said where you live in Ohio. I truly would like to know.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Oh and as we speak there was a shooting at a Texas College. Five people shot..... but we don't need to do anything about this. Everything is fine.