User Tag List

Page 20 of 44 FirstFirst ... 10181920212230 ... LastLast
    A 1k Club Member Feedback Score 0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Coolazice View Post
    No, I haven't lost a child to gun violence - thank God. It's not an assumption either...I've lost people I knew/cared for from gun violence. I've had a gun stuck in my face on a few occasions though and it doesn't change the way I feel about them.

Have you lost a child to gun violence?
    It is a big time assumption because you haven't been in the situation. You project what you would feel or how you would act. that is what an assumption is.

and i'll pull back from the personal stuff.

and enough is enough with the insults, carry on if you will, i'll disengage.

Super Moderator Feedback Score 3 (100%) BBG's Avatar
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Guns are banned in China - literally, the police are not allowed to have guns. Only the military. Crazy people still use guns to kill people: China attack illustrates U.S. gun law divide - CNN.com
    Super not-not-moderator BBG

Need extra cash? List of "Get Paid To" sites: Make $5 a day

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I'm not your bro and don't call me a liar when you weren't there. If you really need me to, I'll PM you the dudes name and you can check out the police records since he ended up being arrested for it.
    ? I fail to see where he called you a liar. He said it is not unlikely that happened to you.

Established Member Feedback Score 1 (100%) Rodja's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by bikeswimlive View Post
    The onus of proof isn't on me. You offered up something as fact and I asked you to prove it with valid sources and you say you can't/won't (and then in turn tell me to disprove). That's pedantic and immature arguing.

I could say "an apple a day keeps the doctor away" and if challenged, the responsibility of proof is on myself (the one making the claim). You haven't written very many papers in your day have you?
    Nice to see someone here knows some logical fallacies when they see it.
    M. Ed. Ex Phys

Established Member Feedback Score 2 (100%) Coolazice's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    The onus of proof isn't on me. You offered up something as fact and I asked you to prove it with valid sources and you say you can't/won't (and then in turn tell me to disprove). That's pedantic and immature arguing.

I could say "an apple a day keeps the doctor away" and if challenged, the responsibility of proof is on myself (the one making the claim). You haven't written very many papers in your day have you?
    If someone wants to say something is wrong, then they need to prove that point. You dimwits are the ones that are misdefining what an assault rifle is and that is one of the main points in the information.

SwoleSource Member Feedback Score 0 bikeswimlive's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I'm not your bro and don't call me a liar when you weren't there. If you really need me to, I'll PM you the dudes name and you can check out the police records since he ended up being arrested for it.
    Why so hostile bro?

Please re-read I said "not unlikely" which means likely (aka I agreed with what you said). Kent State (near you) offers a wide array of Adult Education and Literacy courses. Ohio Literacy Resource Center
    Last edited by bikeswimlive; 01-22-2013 at 03:50 PM.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by BBG View Post
    Guns are banned in China - literally, the police are not allowed to have guns. Only the military. Crazy people still use guns to kill people: China attack illustrates U.S. gun law divide - CNN.com
    not kill. the article even delineates this. the main difference here is 22 injured children X 22 dead children.

as much as no one wants to see a hurt child, the sandy hook parents would gladly trade the attacks.

Established Member Feedback Score 2 (100%) Coolazice's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by longBallLima View Post
    ? I fail to see where he called you a liar. He said it is not unlikely that happened to you.
    Oops... I misread that as not likely. My apologies.

- - - Updated - - -

Why so hostel bro?

Please re-read I said "not unlikely" which means likely (aka I agreed with what you said). Kent State (near you) offers a wide array of Adult Education and Literacy courses. Ohio Literacy Resource Center
    I already apologized for misreading that and incorrectly replying. It was somewhat hostile because I read it as being called a liar.
    Last edited by Coolazice; 01-22-2013 at 03:51 PM.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    hostile*

Established Member Feedback Score 1 (100%) Rodja's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    If someone wants to say something is wrong, then they need to prove that point. You dimwits are the ones that are misdefining what an assault rifle is and that is one of the main points in the information.
    You just added argument from ignorance to your logical fallacies.

Here's some reading for you since you don't seem to know what you're doing here:
    Philosophic burden of proof - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
    Argument from ignorance - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
    M. Ed. Ex Phys