Quote Originally Posted by longBallLima View Post
I'm curious. The right to bear arms and such is to be able to overthrow a tyrannic government. McVeigh thought exactly that of his government and tried to overthrow it with his crazy methods. How do you constitution worshipers do not defend his right to do exactly what he did?

To be clear, I don't and I think he's insane. Partly because he didn't seem to understand that the constitution as it was written as an intelligent document for that context. IMO, that's no longer the case.
You said it yourself, context.

It is about a citizenry, as a collective, exhausting all other options at redressing the grievances before someone would ever do something that involved violence. No right-thinking individual condones what McVeigh did. That's insanity. Just because we, as free Americans, cherish the document that spells out our freedoms and protects us from a government run amok doesn't mean we all want to resort to violent means when we don't get our own way.

As a freedom-loving American, I find any such implication to be highly derogatory and offensive.

That same document you make light of could be the one keeping your ass from being thrown in jail for a crime you didn't commit, or from something much worse.