Super Moderator Feedback Score 0 burlyman30's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Re: My Osta RX log

Quote Originally Posted by Jack O'Neill View Post
    Bad chest workout on monday :-(
    Two times I try to reach 3x10x222lbs but impossible to beat 10/10/8 !!
    Osta doesn't give me what I expected as far as strength is concerned
    S4 is by far the winner when it comes to strength. And in leaning out/hardness, also. Unfortunately it also comes with the vision side effects.

Keep in mind that you are asking a lot of a mild anabolic agent when you are both reducing calories and expecting simultaneous improvements in muscle size and strength. The two goals oppose each other.
    All advice given is for entertainment value only. And it's free. Take it for what it's worth.

Established Member Feedback Score 1 (100%) Jack O'Neill's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by burlyman30 View Post
    S4 is by far the winner when it comes to strength. And in leaning out/hardness, also. Unfortunately it also comes with the vision side effects.

Keep in mind that you are asking a lot of a mild anabolic agent when you are both reducing calories and expecting simultaneous improvements in muscle size and strength. The two goals oppose each other.
    Yes indeed Burly. I'm very happy of the recomp effect of osta on the previous weeks.

I just wanted to say that I expected another thing of osta. I thought that osta could give me more strength. But in beeing under maintenance this is quite normal.

I keep in mind what you said
    - I see you're on that famous beer and mustard diet. How's that workin' out for ya?
    Col. Jack O'Neill - Stargate SG1

Super Moderator Feedback Score 0 burlyman30's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Jack O'Neill View Post
    Yes indeed Burly. I'm very happy of the recomp effect of osta on the previous weeks.

I just wanted to say that I expected another thing of osta. I thought that osta could give me more strength. But in beeing under maintenance this is quite normal.

I keep in mind what you said
    To be honest, I don't remember getting much strength from osta when at or even a little above maintenance calories. I mostly noticed a greater fullness of the muscle bellies. Possibly a bit more endurance and better pumps in the gym. Maybe slightly better recovery after the workout. It's good at what it does do, but it just doesn't do everything we might want it to.
    All advice given is for entertainment value only. And it's free. Take it for what it's worth.

A 1k Club Member Feedback Score 3 (100%) Scope75's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by burlyman30 View Post
    To be honest, I don't remember getting much strength from osta when at or even a little above maintenance calories. I mostly noticed a greater fullness of the muscle bellies. Possibly a bit more endurance and better pumps in the gym. Maybe slightly better recovery after the workout. It's good at what it does do, but it just doesn't do everything we might want it to.
    What you listed is what I'm after with osta.
    I have 12.5mg paired with 8caps AM so I'm thinking that combo should be a pretty good on and I'm on CNS taking in more cals than needed and I'm still dropping BF and adding muscles mass. Recomp baby!!!!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Week 6/8

No update since 2 weeks because there has been no evolution.

My weight and my BF are still the same.

I will finish my cycle in 2 weeks anyway. Even if there is no more changes I can say now I'm very happy of the recomp effect.

However Osta is not maybe the only responsible of this effect. Diet is very functional.

Once cycle is finished I will see if the diet alone is as fine for the body recomp effect
    - I see you're on that famous beer and mustard diet. How's that workin' out for ya?
    Col. Jack O'Neill - Stargate SG1

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Week 8/8

End of cycle

Data this morning
    Weight : 202.4lbs (-4.9lbs from start)
    Waist : 34.3' (-1.4' from start)
    Estimated BF% : 13.7% (-2.3% from start)

Effects for all the cycle
    Negative sides : hard headaches during the 10 first days, then light headaches for 2 weeks, then nothing at all after
    Positive effects : best recup and cardio more efficient.

Comments
    No comments about strength because I didn't feel anything about it but as Burly said, I expected too many positive effects of this cycle though I was about maintenance.
    The main aim is reached for me : recomp !
    I lost 2,3% of bodyfat and only 5lbs during 8 weeks. I'm very happy about it.

But I don't know if this comes from Osta or from the diet ??? I will post here in one month to log my stats concerning weight, BF, recup and cardio (the 4 main things I found increased)

Now I will do a mini-PCT with DAA and natty test booster. Didn't feel any negative effects concerning libido and I'm not abnormaly tired even if it's hard to do 4 workouts + 2 karate session / week.
    I'm nearly 44 and I must sleep longer than before to recup better.

Diet for the 4 last weeks
    Carb Back Loading : 50%/50% prots/fats on non workout days, 50/50 prots/fats until the end of workout, and then slam the carbs after

On workout days (monday, wednesday, friday and sunday)

Proteins : 185g / 0.9g/lbs
    Carbs : 200-330g (330g after legs and back workout)
    Fats : 93g / 0.5g/lbs
    Total kCal : 2400-3000kCal (~ maintenance up to +25%)

On non workout days (tuesday, thursday and saturday)

Proteins : 150g/ 0.9g/lbs
    Carbs : 8g / 0g/lbs
    Fats : 150g / 0.9g/lbs
    Total kCal : 2060kCal (-19% maintenance)

Body evolution graph
    weight followup.jpg