User Tag List

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    SwoleSource Member Feedback Score 0 Avl's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    i just looked at that list..my dad takes a ton of CVS fish oil..damn.

A 1k Club Member Feedback Score 3 (100%) Scope75's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    After reading this ill be ditching fish oil as soon as I finish up what I have.
    I eat plenty of fatty fish so I should be gtg.

SwoleSource Member Feedback Score 0 Avl's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    didnt john meadows mention someplace- maybe that podcast posted here- that he heard from someone in that industry that the vast majority of fish oil being sold was rancid anyway?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Antknee View Post
    didnt john meadows mention someplace- maybe that podcast posted here- that he heard from someone in that industry that the vast majority of fish oil being sold was rancid anyway?
    Yeah that was posted here and BBG asked about flameout being rancid and he couldn't say if it was or wasn't. He just hoped it was good.

Super Moderator Feedback Score 2 (100%) DJM's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Antknee View Post
    heard that when he was online with leanbulk, i have always used fish oil, it does alot of good, but its one of the supps i gotta spend more on, going cheap wasnt a good idea when i became aware of this rancid stuff a while ago, him saying that just reiterated for me things havent changed

again, freshness, antioxident, quality of the fish (salmon/sardines), liquid ect is what i look for......also with liquid if its gone shitty you'll know as soon as you open it, with gels who fkn knows

A 1k Club Member Feedback Score 0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    shit, im taking sams club fish oil, if brands are bad quality, you know that is crap.

time to re-evaluate.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by DJM View Post
    heard that when he was online with leanbulk, i have always used fish oil, it does alot of good, but its one of the supps i gotta spend more on, going cheap wasnt a good idea when i became aware of this rancid stuff a while ago, him saying that just reiterated for me things havent changed

again, freshness, antioxident, quality of the fish (salmon/sardines), liquid ect is what i look for......also with liquid if its gone shitty you'll know as soon as you open it, with gels who fkn knows
    Forgot about the liquid...
    That might be the route I take because of all the fish oil benefits.

Established Member Feedback Score 1 (100%) Rulk's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I wonder about Krill oil..

Yeah I think I am going to just start eating fish more often and not bother with the supplement anymore.

A 1k Club Member Feedback Score 5 (100%) O_RYAN_007's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I take PN's fish oil... I would like to hear a bit more about how there's compares to everyone else's stuff. Mike??

Established Member Feedback Score 0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    The problem with these fish oil scares is that they don't compare it to anything. PCBs are going to be soluble in the oil, but the mercury is mostly not. overall the toxicity would be less than eating fish. there's always these "heavy metals in ___" scares but if you pull up the hard numbers you see that FOOD, overall, contributes more toxicity than supplements.

guys, if you're using a molecularly-distilled oil, this doesn't apply to it anyway.