Figure the title would get your attention. I am going to be running around alot today, but I came up with a pretty thought provoking question, and I am curious how some of you respond.

Why are we so fat and why are we so small?
Now obviously, I don't meant this literally, I assume most of us here are fairly big, and fairly lean. I am not huge by any means, but my size is quite apparent to most. I also can see my abs, although I wouldn't call them "cut."

My real question of course is this: What is it about this sport that leaves us constantly unsatisfied? For every year I have been apart of the "game," I could always go back 1 year, ask my prior self what my final goals were, where is the point where I would be satisfied?, and I can almost assure you they are generally in line with the progress I have made. However ask my current self that, it is some variant of bigger/leaner than I am now. Always pushing forward. I am not saying this is a bad thing, but I know I cant be the only one who is constantly thinking "damn, I am looking small today" (when you know it is not the case) or "Shit, I am bloating up and gaining way too much fat" (when it certainly is not the case either.) There is just something about this sport that makes me (and I assume others), just constantly judge oneself critically in terms of progress.

So how do you feel about this position. Do you feel it works to your advantage or disadvantage?

I will quickly answer: Advantage. Although my girlfriend calls me crazy when I notice "fat" she claims isnt there, or "I need to up cals, im losing muscle", I do think my lack of satisfaction keeps pushing me to better and better. I have joked with a friend before, who was talking about how much I eat. I said "Have you ever met a woman who was super skinny, but afraid to eat anything but a salad because she thought she was fat? Yeah, its kinda like that, except the opposite," lol.

Might be an odd question to some, but I think it is a good question for discussion, and better than politics, anyway, lol.