User Tag List

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    Super Moderator Feedback Score 0 burlyman30's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by BBG View Post
    I'm glad you pointed out that they were not training. That's pretty crazy.
    I guess all that crazy talk we promote about AAS not being "magic" and how important training is... just went out the window. lol.

I hope Ippy never sees this.
    Last edited by burlyman30; 11-06-2012 at 10:20 AM.

Super Moderator Feedback Score 3 (100%) BBG's Avatar
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by burlyman30 View Post
    I guess all that crazy talk we promote about AAS not being "magic" and how important training is... just went out the window. lol.
    I never understood that logic. Given all other variables the same, someone with 300 ng/dl test levels and someone with 1200 ng/dl... who is going to be leaner and more muscular? And then extrapolate those results with someone taking 30mg of SD for 6 weeks lol
    Super not-not-moderator BBG

Need extra cash? List of "Get Paid To" sites: Make $5 a day

Established Member Feedback Score 1 (100%) Rodja's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by burlyman30 View Post

I hope Ippy never sees this.
    I wish there was a follow-up to this after 3 months, 6 months, and 12 months.
    M. Ed. Ex Phys

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Rodja View Post
    I wish there was a follow-up to this after 3 months, 6 months, and 12 months.
    Isn't that with all studies... I bet they would all be pretty run down from no PCT and a sudden lack of testosterone.

Super Moderator Feedback Score 2 (100%) h2s's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Isn't that with all studies... I bet they would all be pretty run down from no PCT and a sudden lack of testosterone.
    I had started reading Dr. Scally's book, and he discusses that it is common issue that a "post cycle" type therapy is not applied to study participants post study due to ignorance in the community, leaving many participants hypogonadal.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    As anyone that has ever had a bunk SERM will tell you.

Quote Originally Posted by h2s View Post
    I had started reading Dr. Scally's book, and he discusses that it is common issue that a "post cycle" type therapy is not applied to study participants post study due to ignorance in the community, leaving many participants hypogonadal.
    Just goes to show that the medical community is very, very slow to adapt and change.
    M. Ed. Ex Phys

Established Member Feedback Score 0 Eden's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    The medical community is mostly a joke, all they are there to do is push you pharma. I'm not terribly surprised to see that the participants gained mass while not working out. But you see they didn't gain much strength just muscle, so you would figure that training along with AAS would have a compounding effect. Such as AAS increase musculature, training increases strength which further increases musculature, but I'm probably preaching to the choir here.

I do wonder why the medical community is so completely devoid of understanding of the endocrine system, I mean they can spout off about the cardio-pulminary system, but don't know jack about basic hormones.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Eden View Post
    The medical community is mostly a joke, all they are there to do is push you pharma. I'm not terribly surprised to see that the participants gained mass while not working out. But you see they didn't gain much strength just muscle, so you would figure that training along with AAS would have a compounding effect. Such as AAS increase musculature, training increases strength which further increases musculature, but I'm probably preaching to the choir here.

I do wonder why the medical community is so completely devoid of understanding of the endocrine system, I mean they can spout off about the cardio-pulminary system, but don't know jack about basic hormones.
    The endocrine system is still relatively new science, but there is HUGE divide that is emerging regarding the role of cholesterol. For years, it has been the metabolic and health boogeyman, but it is finally starting to become accepting that atherosclerosis is the result of a poor lifestyle and not the cause of CV incidents. Cholesterol is found in every living cell and when there is excessive damage and stress in the heart (e.g. chronic inflammation), then you are going to have extra buildup of cholesterol due to the need for new cells to replace the damaged/dying ones. This is partially why many statins have NOT been shown to lower CV incident even though they do lower cholesterol
    M. Ed. Ex Phys

Established Member Feedback Score 0 Eden's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I understand the endocrine system is relatively new. I am very well aware of the cholesterol science "changes" that are happening or more that fact that the medical community can't keep blaming something that doesn't do what they say it does.

Heart problems have always been caused by poor lifestyle, and poor eating habits. But due to some things we did in the 1950's we went down the wrong road and blamed Cholesterol, instead of the fact that people were eating trash, and cholesterol is more of a clean up crew than the problem.

Trigs have been found for the most part to be more indicative of heart problems, than cholesterol. I mean LDL isn't even measured in a standard lipid profile, it's just guessed at, when the particle count, and size are about all that matters in determining if there's going to be excessive buildup of VLDL in arterial walls.

I agree on the statins not lowering cholesterol levels, yet they are the largest portion of profits for pharma. I have heard that some places actually wanted to start putting statins IN the drinking water even though the study that proved they were effective (the Harvard Framingham Heart Study) only proved they provided like a 1.2% benefit.

Edit: I can go ON and ON about cholesterol, and cardio-pulminary health.
    Last edited by Eden; 11-10-2012 at 04:18 PM.

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Rodja View Post
    The endocrine system is still relatively new science, but there is HUGE divide that is emerging regarding the role of cholesterol. For years, it has been the metabolic and health boogeyman, but it is finally starting to become accepting that atherosclerosis is the result of a poor lifestyle and not the cause of CV incidents. Cholesterol is found in every living cell and when there is excessive damage and stress in the heart (e.g. chronic inflammation), then you are going to have extra buildup of cholesterol due to the need for new cells to replace the damaged/dying ones. This is partially why many statins have NOT been shown to lower CV incident even though they do lower cholesterol
    I love trying to explain why cholesterol is actually good for your heart, and insulin is what causes rogue LDL to cause blockages. But it's like trying to convince someone that something like gravity doesn't exist. It's like a fact to the layman that cholesterol is evil.