User Tag List

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    A 1k Club Member Feedback Score 0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by machdaddy View Post
    The stupid leading the stupid. They pass laws saying you have to help your neighbor. Then they try to take away your power to help. I know damn well no one will help their neighbor if they are unarmed and the criminal has a gun.
    unless you have one of those nifty phone thingies!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    "DMAA ... on the balance of probabilities, in combination with extreme physical exertion, caused acute cardiac failure, which resulted in her death"

on the balance of probabilities.... holy shit, it really takes nothing, no investigation, autopsy or anything before they start accusations. that is basically saying that USP is responsible for a wrongful death, no?

Super Moderator Feedback Score 0 burlyman30's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Re: Jack3d Blamed For Death

Quote Originally Posted by longBallLima View Post
    Intruders who use a gun in a burglary will be long gone before police could ever respond to a 911 emergency call.

However, your point is not lost on me. There are other ways besides guns. Just none that I can think of that are as effective or immediate against the threat of an armed intruder.

To be honest, most would-be thugs will run at the sound of gunfire. Warning shots would often be as effective in getting them out of the house. Fear of death is an excellent motivator. Ever seen security cam footage on armed robbers scattering like roaches when the victim starts firing? Very effective, even without a bullet hitting anywhere near them.
    All advice given is for entertainment value only. And it's free. Take it for what it's worth.

SwoleSource Member Feedback Score 0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    911 operator, can you hold?.........

A 1k Club Member Feedback Score 0 Cobalt's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    "DMAA ... on the balance of probabilities, in combination with extreme physical exertion, caused acute cardiac failure, which resulted in her death"

on the balance of probabilities.... holy shit, it really takes nothing, no investigation, autopsy or anything before they start accusations. that is basically saying that USP is responsible for a wrongful death, no?
    Pretty much. We all know that DMAA is death in powder form, and USP Labs makes Jack3d, so they are killing people!

Personally, I think it's fucking STUPID to take a stim if you're going to run a marathon. I only use it if I'm going to be lifting. Any kind of cardio and I don't touch a stim.

Not to mention they don't even tell you how much she took. The max dose is 3 scoops... she could have easily taken twice that.
    If you can bench more than you can squat, you're doing it wrong!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by machdaddy View Post
    911 operator, can you hold?.........
    or "look, its a cuban! shoot him!!"

BTW, i must say, i know not of one person who was placed on hold while calling during an emergency

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by burlyman30 View Post
    Intruders who use a gun in a burglary will be long gone before police could ever respond to a 911 emergency call.

However, your point is not lost on me. There are other ways besides guns. Just none that I can think of that are as effective or immediate against the threat of an armed intruder.

To be honest, most would-be thugs will run at the sound of gunfire. Warning shots would often be as effective in getting them out of the house. Fear of death is an excellent motivator. Ever seen security cam footage on armed robbers scattering like roaches when the victim starts firing? Very effective, even without a bullet hitting anywhere near them.

while i agree with most of what you said burly, i think the collateral of that protection is outweighing the benefits in this particular nation.
    Last edited by longBallLima; 01-31-2013 at 12:28 PM.

SwoleSource Member Feedback Score 0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Cobalt View Post
    The max dose is 3 scoops... she could have easily taken twice that.
    Right! Also, a female runner.. what did she weigh 95-100 lbs? 1 scoop and she could have been hyped all day. The most I've ever taken has been 2 scoops.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I'm not a fan of DMAA, but the way the link between the death and the substance was made seems uninformed and blatantly stupid

Super Moderator Feedback Score 0 burlyman30's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Re: Jack3d Blamed For Death

or "look, its a cuban! shoot him!!"

BTW, i must say, i know not of one person who was placed on hold while calling during an emergency
    My wife used to be a 911 dispatch operator. It all has to do with the amount of calls coming in vs. the manpower at the switchboard. It happens all the time, actually, regardless of whether you are aware of it or not. This is unfortunate, but budgets don't allow for unlimited amounts of dispatch personnel.

- - - Updated - - -

while i agree with most of what you said, burly, i think the collateral of that protection is outweighing the benefits in this particular nation.
    I'm pretty sure the survivors of these attacks would disagree with you and be pissed that you would even consider that.
    All advice given is for entertainment value only. And it's free. Take it for what it's worth.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by burlyman30 View Post
    My wife used to be a 911 dispatch operator. It all has to do with the amount of calls coming in vs. the manpower at the switchboard. It happens all the time, actually, regardless of whether you are aware of it or not. This is unfortunate, but budgets don't allow for unlimited amounts of dispatch personnel.
    The more you know. I think being in a mostly rural state might be different, so i stand corrected.

- - - Updated - - -

I'm pretty sure the survivors of these attacks would disagree with you and be pissed that you would even consider that.
    I am such survivor, my parents are too so I dont get particularly pissed at that consideration.

I think the grief of Holmes' and Sandy Hook's victims families outweighs their or my anger.

And just to be clear, I'm not against a person having a firearm in the house. It's the type, quantity and access to that firearm that I take issue with.