Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Ignore list

Established Member Feedback Score 0
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Ignore list

Just a heads up for people who might not know, the Swole Source forum has an ignore user function, which you can use if you are tired of reading messages from certain individuals...
    Go to the user's profile, and click "ignore this user", and you won't see their messages.

SwoleSource Member Feedback Score 0
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Thanks

A 1k Club Member Feedback Score 0
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Im.in depriving sh it man Jesus ducking shcirt

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by MungYarlon View Post
    Just a heads up for people who might not know, the Swole Source forum has an ignore user function, which you can use if you are tired of reading messages from certain individuals...
    Go to the user's profile, and click "ignore this user", and you won't see their messages.
    Thanks for the info, but please tell me if I'm missing something. While the "Ignore user" feature blocks that user's replies within a post, it doesn't hide the entire thread started by that user, correct?

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by lastnoirking87 View Post
    Thanks for the info, but please tell me if I'm missing something. While the "Ignore user" feature blocks that user's replies within a post, it doesn't hide the entire thread started by that user, correct?
    Correct. And that ultimately makes the ignore function much less useful — you’ll still see dozens of pages of spam threads.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by LetsGo View Post
    Correct. And that ultimately makes the ignore function much less useful — you’ll still see dozens of pages of spam threads.
    Ah, I was afraid that was correct. Seems there needs to be an "Ignore Threads started by User" option as well. I feel bad for the guys stumbling onto the forum right now looking for answers and encountering this current state of affairs. The site is also still plagued by what appears to be a mostly harmless spam attack which I only encounter when accessing it via a desktop or laptop, but not via android. This place has been a life saver for me and many others, so I hope it can be rehabilitated.

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by lastnoirking87 View Post
    Ah, I was afraid that was correct. Seems there needs to be an "Ignore Threads started by User" option as well. I feel bad for the guys stumbling onto the forum right now looking for answers and encountering this current state of affairs. The site is also still plagued by what appears to be a mostly harmless spam attack which I only encounter when accessing it via a desktop or laptop, but not via android. This place has been a life saver for me and many others, so I hope it can be rehabilitated.
    I agree with all of that. The forum can only be rehabbed when CD gives mod powers to someone who is willing to check in once per day and control the spam.

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I agree with all of that. The forum can only be rehabbed when CD gives mod powers to someone who is willing to check in once per day and control the spam.
    Are you up for the challenge?

Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Yes moderation is the best course of action, but if everyone activated the "ignore this user" function, it would go some way to mitigating the issues on this forum.

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by MungYarlon View Post
    Yes moderation is the best course of action, but if everyone activated the "ignore this user" function, it would go some way to mitigating the issues on this forum.
    Gimme a ring