Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    "The purpose of today's training is to defeat yesterday's understanding."

Established Member Feedback Score 0 markam's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Recently I haven't been eating after 7pm and although I've eaten a shedload of carbs, in fact a shedload of everything, I haven't gained weight. Because of not eating later I'm eating more in the morning, anyway, it works for me.

Established Member Feedback Score 0 Sperwer's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by markam View Post
    Recently I haven't been eating after 7pm and although I've eaten a shedload of carbs, in fact a shedload of everything, I haven't gained weight. Because of not eating later I'm eating more in the morning, anyway, it works for me.

Good to hear.

I'm racheting up my contest prep starting tomorrow. My biggest challenge is going to be losing at least 20 lbs of fat in 15 weeks in order to get down to at least 8%BF, so I will be shifting my major real food meal from 6:30 to 1:30 in the hopes that helps a bit

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Sperwer View Post
    Good to hear.

I'm racheting up my contest prep starting tomorrow. My biggest challenge is going to be losing at least 20 lbs of fat in 15 weeks in order to get down to at least 8%BF, so I will be shifting my major real food meal from 6:30 to 1:30 in the hopes that helps a bit
    Good luck for the contest.

I usually wake up in the night and although I don't feel particularly hunger, I find that I will get back to sleep and sleep longer if I have something. 3-5g Coconut oil or MCT oil works well for me. As I'm essentially fasting for 15-16hrs, I don't want to properly break the fast in the middle of the night, but MCT's are practically impossible to store as fat, and I'm not going to worry about such a small amount.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by markam View Post
    Good luck for the contest.

I usually wake up in the night and although I don't feel particularly hunger, I find that I will get back to sleep and sleep longer if I have something. 3-5g Coconut oil or MCT oil works well for me. As I'm essentially fasting for 15-16hrs, I don't want to properly break the fast in the middle of the night, but MCT's are practically impossible to store as fat, and I'm not going to worry about such a small amount.
    Thanks.

I get up every night too, but it's old man prostate pressing on my bladder.

I don't have hunger issues though, even though until now I've usually stopped eating by 7:30, except for a couple scoops of peptopro or hydrolyzed casein around 9 before sleep.

Then I usually don't eat until noon, although I get about 20 grams of carbs in my morning cuppa doc-prescribed pomegranate juice. I may have to move that until afternoon, though, to keep that fast going longer.
    Last edited by Sperwer; 01-31-2013 at 05:39 AM.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Thanks.

I get up every night too, but it's old man prostate pressing on my bladder.

I don't have hunger issues though, even though until now I've usually stopped eating by 7:30, except for a couple scoops of peptopro or hydrolyzed casein around 9 before sleep.

Then I usually don't eat until noon, although I get about 20 grams of carbs in my morning cuppa doc-prescribed pomegranate juice. I may have to move that until afternoon, though, to keep that fast going longer.
    Saw palmetto helps me considerably with getting up to pee in the night. I ran out a month ago so I guess it's time to reorder.

Fast digesting protein before bed? Conventional wisdom says a slow digesting protein is best, but currently I'm just downing some Bcaas and DAA an hour before bed.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I was under the impression that casein is, relatively-speaking, slow digesting. Or does hydrolyzation dramatically change that? I suppose i could go for cottage cheese or just a slug of cheese, but the former is really expensive here

saw palmetto didn't do much for me. Maybe i should stop drinking one of my 6 daily quarts of water in the evening. Duh?!
    Last edited by Sperwer; 01-31-2013 at 07:20 AM.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I was under the impression that casein is, relatively-speaking, slow digesting. Or does hydrolyzation dramatically change that? I suppose i could go for cottage cheese or just a slug of cheese, but the former is really expensive here

saw palmetto didn't do much for me. Maybe i should stop drinking one of my 6 daily quarts of water in the evening. Duh?!
    Peptopro is hydrolyzed casein, which means that it's pre-digested. The only thing faster would be EAAs. Regular Casein is slow.

I found Saw Palmetto to be very effective but it needs a while to kick in, maybe a couple of weeks.

Banned Feedback Score 0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Of course the timing is an important factor, always try to eat on right time. No matter how hard you work out, if you don’t eat healthy diet on right time, you won’t see the results you expect.
    Lakewood fitness
    Last edited by Hydin; 03-10-2013 at 10:52 PM.

Established Member Feedback Score 0 Fat Bill Dwyer's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Interested in your results.

Will you be changing the composition of your diet at all? Will you be fasting before your "real food meal"?

If you keep it all constant it would be a great experiment to feature on your log.