User Tag List

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    Established Member Feedback Score 1 (100%) Rodja's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by DJM View Post
    to to the point of gear or not, as sorrow said quite possible, also at his meet he only had to be clean

secondly, why is it when we see a guy,obviously 'on', others who also use buy are vastly inferior in shape or strength, are quick to criticize, 'oh hes not drug free, oh thats bs, he must be on alot (cause i use and cant do that), ect ect

if hes moving 700lbs, odds are the dude is a fkn beast and can out lift most while hes clean and they are laced with halo

lanced was on, but its not why he won all those races, if it were that simple, how come no one could beat him, or out hit barry bonds.......all cheaters, but i see the grey in it as well
    It's the pounding of the drug-free gavel that gets on my nerves, but, still, his max raw bench is insane. I don't give a damn if he's on 5g of test, deca, EQ, etc., that is still a hell of an accomplishment.

DJ, did you see the difference in how Overeem looks for this fight v his fight with Brock?
    Last edited by Rodja; 02-02-2013 at 10:55 AM.
    M. Ed. Ex Phys

Super Moderator Feedback Score 2 (100%) DJM's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Rodja View Post
    It's the pounding of the drug-free gavel that gets on my nerves, but, still, his max raw bench is insane. I don't give a damn if he's on 5g of test, deca, EQ, etc., that is still a hell of an accomplishment.
    yeah on your first point, watched another vid, i see.............usually the people who defend their cleaness the most arent......i know when i was a bit younger and guys asked me, i was clean btw, my answer was different, more 'no i dont use, but i want, dont got no money, dont know where, but yeah im super curious'

Established Member Feedback Score 3 (100%) Sorrow's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by DJM View Post
    yeah on your first point, watched another vid, i see.............usually the people who defend their cleaness the most arent......i know when i was a bit younger and guys asked me, i was clean btw, my answer was different, more 'no i dont use, but i want, dont got no money, dont know where, but yeah im super curious'
    Yeah thats what I was noticing, I must have watched 5 other vids of him that came up and it seemed like he was always saying that.. alot. But hell yeah thats amazing!

And Ive noticed that alot too about "well so and so must be on to lift XXX amount of weight" but honestly thats the funny part about powerlifting. I know some drug free guys (most cause they had no source, or money for it like DJM said) who move insane weight. It keeps me motivated because I know if they can do it I should be able to at least get close!

On the flip side of the coin there's a few who constantly say no Im not on and I was drug tested at the meet, yet somehow go up 20lbs of lean mass in around 4 months and had his bench go up too 900# equipped single ply, his best a few months before that was 650# in double ply gear. Also had acne on his back, hair loss.. but yeah Consistently denies ever even trying anything. Its like the classic line "I think thou does protest too much!"

Super Moderator Feedback Score 0 burlyman30's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Re: The Strongest Man You've Never Heard Of........

Brings back memories from Doyle Kenadys gym... Doyle (RIP) sold to people, his team was obviously on, but one of the guys on the team... he vehemently denied it. 20 years later we caught up with each other... he told me the truth and that he narrowly missed getting nabbed by the feds on two occasions... for selling. Apparently he had worked his way up the ladder and was prominent on the local front with gear sales. Worked his way up the PLing ladder, too. He benched 640 at a meet with a single ply shirt from the late 80s.
    Last edited by burlyman30; 02-02-2013 at 05:03 PM.
    All advice given is for entertainment value only. And it's free. Take it for what it's worth.

Established Member Feedback Score 0 Sperwer's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Jorsn View Post
    what the fuck ran across the floor at 2:17? haha
    ALIEN
    "The purpose of today's training is to defeat yesterday's understanding."

Super Moderator Feedback Score 2 (100%) h2s's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Re: The Strongest Man You've Never Heard Of........

Quote Originally Posted by Sperwer View Post
    ALIEN
    Lol I missed it, but went back to check. Wtf lol.

Established Member Feedback Score 1 (100%) Rulk's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Looks like someone threw a tile or mat across the floor.