Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: AH question

Established Member Feedback Score 4 (100%) Enuke65's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

AH question

Looking back at the actives in AH V3, there was 950 mg of the beta isomer, and 150 mg of the alpha isomer. Every other DHT pre-cursor thats out there is labeled as only containing the beta isomer (and the original AH is labeled as 5a-androstan-3b-ol-17-one).

What is the difference between the two, and why did PP use the blend? I'm curious because I've found a product that has the alpha isomer(redefine makes it), and was thinking of stacking supps to try and create a similar ratio that was in AH V3. I know the dosing wouldn't be as convenient as once a day, but it's something, and something is better than nothing.

Thoughts, ideas, suggestions and science are welcome.
    Last edited by Enuke65; 02-02-2013 at 04:11 PM. Reason: spelling

Established Member Feedback Score 0 markam's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Bump for interesting question.

Established Member Feedback Score 3 (100%) Sorrow's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I was actually researching what other products are available to do exactly what you're asking about! Interesting timing. Hope someone can help with this.

Super Moderator Feedback Score 0 burlyman30's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Re: AH question

I seem to remember Eric saying that the original AH was not actually androsterone, but epiandrosterone. I believe the the theory was that the a isomer had more anabolic effectiveness, so AH was reformulated in AH2 but the unexpected side effect was lethargy. AH3 added in the epiandrosterone in a ratio that was thought to combat this. I believe that the a isomer had an effect on the GABA receptors, causing the drowsiness.

Maybe h2s or one of the other former PP reps can add to this or correct me where I am off track.
    Last edited by burlyman30; 02-02-2013 at 10:53 PM.
    All advice given is for entertainment value only. And it's free. Take it for what it's worth.

SwoleSource Member Feedback Score 0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    they both convert to DHT via two step processes, but the conversion rate of the alpha (3-alpha-hydroxyetioallocholan-17-one or androsterone) is higher than that of the beta (3-beta-hydroxyetioallocholan-17-one or epiandrosterone) Both androsterone and epiandrosterone will ultimately both will convert to DHT just at different rates

I would look into AMS or forerunner. I believe they make a comparable product to AH
    Last edited by josh; 02-02-2013 at 10:41 PM.

Established Member Feedback Score 1 (100%) Turbo6GN's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by burlyman30 View Post
    I seem to remember Eric saying that the original AH was not actually androsterone, but epiandrosterone. I believe the the theory was that the a isomer had more anabolic effectiveness, so AH was reformulated in AH2 but the unexpected side effect was lethargy. AH3 added in the epiandrosterone in a ratio that was thought to combat this. I believe that the a isomer had an effect on the GABA receptors, causing the drowsiness.

Maybe h2s or one of the other former PP reps can add to this or correct me where I am off track.
    I can say anecdotally that I was absolutely crushed by the lethargy of AH/AM V2. A very surprising and unwanted side effect. Tough to have that "Alpha" feeling when you just want to nap all afternoon lol

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Thanks guys, I'll look at forerunner, I think I know which product you're talking about(5A-Test), and I'm pretty sure it's just the beta isomer.
    I think I'm gonna try and put something together that utilizes both alpha and beta isomers, or try to at least. Details to follow.

A 1k Club Member Feedback Score 0 Jelisej's Avatar
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Why not use masteron instead?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    ... That's a good question...

SwoleSource Member Feedback Score 0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Re: AH question

Also hasn't nutraplanet picked up the Andro series line under the brand androgains?

Sent from my Samsung Galaxy S™II using Tapatalk 2