User Tag List

Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast
    Super Moderator Feedback Score 0 burlyman30's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    in late for the bench vid..

Great arch/tightness/foot positioning. Nice control/speed down to the block. Made it look easy. Well done. Looks like you are working with a bunch of guys who know their stuff. That is so important when attempting to lift at a high level.
    All advice given is for entertainment value only. And it's free. Take it for what it's worth.

Established Member Feedback Score 1 (100%) Rodja's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by burlyman30 View Post
    in late for the bench vid..

Great arch/tightness/foot positioning. Nice control/speed down to the block. Made it look easy. Well done. Looks like you are working with a bunch of guys who know their stuff. That is so important when attempting to lift at a high level.
    My weight gain has been the biggest change. It's made the sleeves tighter and moved the groove lower to take advantage of my triceps strength. I've hit PRs the past two weeks, but it's still a world of difference between a 2-board and touching the chest.
    M. Ed. Ex Phys

Super Moderator Feedback Score 2 (100%) DJM's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by h2s View Post
    Fucking a. Respect man, you are a strong MF'r.
    same......very very impressive

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Rodja View Post
    My weight gain has been the biggest change. It's made the sleeves tighter and moved the groove lower to take advantage of my triceps strength. I've hit PRs the past two weeks, but it's still a world of difference between a 2-board and touching the chest.
    I didn't have the advantage of seeing the path your elbows took prior to the weight gain, but the path they took in this vid looked great. Not only taking advantage of triceps, but lats too. And yes... those last 3 inches are a bugger without a hefty bounce to get things moving. haha.
    All advice given is for entertainment value only. And it's free. Take it for what it's worth.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I didn't have the advantage of seeing the path your elbows took prior to the weight gain, but the path they took in this vid looked great. Not only taking advantage of triceps, but lats too. And yes... those last 3 inches are a bugger without a hefty bounce to get things moving. haha.
    My old groove had me keeping my elbows wide until I about a 3-board at which point I would start to tuck. With this current groove, I break at the elbow and tuck much sooner and have to drift to hit a 2-board. I haven't attempted to touch in ~4 months and probably won't be attempting this for another 3-4 weeks. I hope to take 455 to a 1-board next week and then reevaluate depending on how that goes.
    M. Ed. Ex Phys

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I had a tough time in the old days learning to tuck elbows... my tris were a weakpoint and elbows wanted to stay wide. When I went to a false grip (thumbless), it forced my elbows in and made all the difference in the world.

Interesting about not touching chest in 4 months... long time, but I see where you guys are going with this. Things have changed a bit in the last 20 years. Blocks weren't used back then, but I can certainly see the advantage in them. Makes total sense. CNS accommodation with the amount of weight + progressive depth training.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I had a tough time in the old days learning to tuck elbows... my tris were a weakpoint and elbows wanted to stay wide. When I went to a false grip (thumbless), it forced my elbows in and made all the difference in the world.

Interesting about not touching chest in 4 months... long time, but I see where you guys are going with this. Things have changed a bit in the last 20 years. Blocks weren't used back then, but I can certainly see the advantage in them. Makes total sense. CNS accommodation with the amount of weight + progressive depth training.
    Multi-ply lifting is really fucking weird when you think about it. Many don't touch the chest on bench until the latter portion of a strength cycle, incorporate the straps in a squat, or pull on a frequent basis. I've still only used the straps on squat 3-4 times, which is a small concern to me, but I'm lucky that deads come very naturally to me and I mainly need to do rep work on them to build strength.
    M. Ed. Ex Phys

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Re: APF TX State 2013

Multi-ply lifting is really fucking weird when you think about it. Many don't touch the chest on bench until the latter portion of a strength cycle, incorporate the straps in a squat, or pull on a frequent basis. I've still only used the straps on squat 3-4 times, which is a small concern to me, but I'm lucky that deads come very naturally to me and I mainly need to do rep work on them to build strength.
    I came from a gym with world champ lifters, but chains, bands and blocks didnt exist then, nor did multi ply suits and shirts. Things have really changed.

Do you guys do progressive squat depth training also?

What's the current thought on pulls? Kenady always insisted on reps 5 and below. Lots of triples. One day per week.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I came from a gym with world champ lifters, but chains, bands and blocks didnt exist then, nor did multi ply suits and shirts. Things have really changed.

Do you guys do progressive squat depth training also?

What's the current thought on pulls? Kenady always insisted on reps 5 and below. Lots of triples. One day per week.
    We always squat to depth during our working sets. Pulls are done once a week and always 5 or fewer.
    M. Ed. Ex Phys

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Re: APF TX State 2013

We always squat to depth during our working sets. Pulls are done once a week and always 5 or fewer.
    So some things do remain the same, even after 2 or 3 decades..