User Tag List

Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst ... 4567 LastLast
    Established Member Feedback Score 1 (100%) Rodja's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Opener and smoked it. The two small adjustments I made were to leave the shirt higher on my chest and to move my right foot closer to the bench.
    M. Ed. Ex Phys

Super Moderator Feedback Score 2 (100%) DJM's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

APF TX State 2013

Quote Originally Posted by Rodja View Post

Opener and smoked it. The two small adjustments I made were to leave the shirt higher on my chest and to move my right foot closer to the bench.
    animal, did look smooth out of the bottom

Established Member Feedback Score 3 (100%) Sorrow's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Getting close to go time, how is everything?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Sorrow View Post
    Getting close to go time, how is everything?
    I still have a week, thankfully. I've had a bit of a sinus infection this week and haven't made it to the gym since Sunday (I hit my opener on squat).
    M. Ed. Ex Phys

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    damn man hope that clears up fast! You are ready to kill it!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I finished with a disappointing 1630 total (633/424/573) and went 6 for 8 on the day (I scratched my third bench attempt). Overall, though, I did learn a lot and will definitely be doing one on August when APF returns to TX. This one will be much different, though. I originally planned to stay in a hotel the night before, but our dogsitter flaked out on us and I had no choice but to leave the day of and drive to the event, which was about 3 hours away. Obviously waking up at 3:30 and driving to a PL meet is far from ideal and I never could get truly "locked in" for my lifts.

I really felt this on my squat as I never got a good unrack even on my warmup attempts and it translated to me missing my second attempt (633). I eventually got it, but I know I easily have another 50-60lbs in me when I have my shit together. Bench was an odd feeling and I was scared shitless as it is my weakest event by far. When I was in the back, everything felt heavy in my hands; just getting up 2 reps with 225 was a task. I hit opener (402) fairly easily and told my handler to just pick a number for the next attempt. The unrack was solid and got the weight on my lats before I broke at the elbows. The weight came down very smoothly, I waited for the press command, and then started driving the weight up. However, about 2-3" off my belly, my lumbar cramped up very badly. I actually started to say "take it," but the weight came driving up. I ignored the pain, finished the rep, racked the weight, and lied on the bench for a moment to let my back unknot (I got 3 whites, BTW). I decided to scratch the third attempt as to save some fuel in the tanks.

During the break in the back, we had lunch and I got a second wind during this time. I was constantly grazing throughout the meet on granola, protein shakes, fruit, and some candy bars and I think the glucose was really hitting my system by this point. I flew through the warmups and smoked my opener of 540. My second attempt was smooth, but a little slow for my taste as I had too much drag along my body and killed my speed. I decided to go balls out and attempt 601 on my third attempt, but I lost the grip about 1/3 of the way up.

I'll post up videos soon.
    M. Ed. Ex Phys

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    He man finishing is finishing! Congrats on getting the first meet in and a nice total. I know it wasnt what you wanted but its more then most will ever try, and it is something you can build off of. All those adversities will be things you can rule out at the next one and be that much sharper! Can't wait to see the videos!

Also, it sounds like your a-lot like me, were both very critical of ourselves. But you decided to do this meet, and you finished it! Now rest up, eat up, and come back for more. You are one strong mofo!

Established Member Feedback Score 0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    No shame there. Congrats.

Established Member Feedback Score 0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Hell yeah! BA! Nice work!