Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast
    Established Member Feedback Score 1 (100%) Rodja's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Freepressright View Post
    Or those who find fault in nearly anything anyone else does
    Just saying that prepackaged gainers are more than likely going to be a crap product especially one that has a deceptive label.
    M. Ed. Ex Phys

A 1k Club Member Feedback Score 1 (100%) Freepressright's Avatar
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    On most fronts, I'm inclined to agree with you. I've tried a few in the past and hated them. But not this one. It's a great product.

Established Member Feedback Score 0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    225 reviews is a pretty big sample size to not give the review some weight, at 10 reviews i could see dismissing the review but not 225, thats just idiotic

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by sandman View Post
    225 reviews is a pretty big sample size to not give the review some weight, at 10 reviews i could see dismissing the review but not 225, thats just idiotic
    It's idiotic to give any merit to BB.com. I put zero stock into the opinion of a teenager that has been lifting for 6 months.
    M. Ed. Ex Phys

Established Member Feedback Score 0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    oh i wasn't aware all 225 reviews had everyones age listed as being teenagers

when did 14 and 15 years olds start being able to get credit cards to order supplements on-line?

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Rodja View Post
    It's idiotic to give any merit to BB.com. I put zero stock into the opinion of a teenager that has been lifting for 6 months.
    If that's what all 225 reviewers were or are, I'd be hard-pressed to disagree with you. We're also talking about a product that's beyond the price point for most 14 and 15 year old kids to afford.

And given that the number of good reviews at other retailers is similar, I'd say this is a good product.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I just went through the first page of reviews and don't find a single teen-ager yet. Here are some of the BodySpace profiles of the reviewers on the first page:

Georjios's BodySpace - Bodybuilding.com
    Kevin Mattson's BodySpace - Bodybuilding.com (hell, this guy's 45)
    bemack's BodySpace - Bodybuilding.com
    tikwrestler808's BodySpace - Bodybuilding.com
    DocF's BodySpace - Bodybuilding.com

For what it's worth

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by sandman View Post
    oh i wasn't aware all 225 reviews had everyones age listed as being teenagers

when did 14 and 15 years olds start being able to get credit cards to order supplements on-line?
    I'm talking about the overall ethos of BB.com and plenty of kids can buy it locally and then post a review on BB.com.

If that's what all 225 reviewers were or are, I'd be hard-pressed to disagree with you. We're also talking about a product that's beyond the price point for most 14 and 15 year old kids to afford.

And given that the number of good reviews at other retailers is similar, I'd say this is a good product.
    If you put that much stock into reviews, then that's even worse than the absurd MSRP of this product.
    M. Ed. Ex Phys

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Enough that I look at them in a cumulative fashion and actually assess the kinds of reviewers, what they're saying, what their level of training and knowledge is and also what they're body composition says about them.

I grabbed two tubs of this stuff at $55 apiece. If you revisit the ingredient label and consider the product's effectiveness, where does the absurdity lie, exactly?

Rational analysis isn't even a part of the equation here. You're just looking to find fault in something and bitching for the sake of bitching. Such is life.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Enough that I look at them in a cumulative fashion and actually assess the kinds of reviewers, what they're saying, what their level of training and knowledge is and also what they're body composition says about them.

I grabbed two tubs of this stuff at $55 apiece. If you revisit the ingredient label and consider the product's effectiveness, where does the absurdity lie, exactly?

Rational analysis isn't even a part of the equation here. You're just looking to find fault in something and bitching for the sake of bitching. Such is life.
    $55 for something that is over 50% corn powder. The label is deceptive in that there is not an ingredient list and only a proprietary blend that doesn't add up. It lists a 60g carb blend, yet says 80g per serving. Where the fuck did the other 20g come from in each serving?
    M. Ed. Ex Phys