User Tag List

Page 5 of 8 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast
    A 1k Club Member Feedback Score 1 (100%) Freepressright's Avatar
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Rodja View Post
    They must use some cheap ass protein sources then.
    OK then, educate me. How many carbs should non-cheap ass protein have versus what this does? I've looked up some of the most expensive wheys, whey isolates and caseins and you're looking at 3 to 5 carbs per scoop for most.

I paid $55 for a supplement that has a great blend of proteins, is low in sugar, has plenty of dietary fiber, includes carbs from oats, has CLA in it, has omega-3s, has MCTs, has beta alanine, has Kre-Alkalyn and six other types of creatines, has BCAAs and vitamins and it has 30, three-scoop servings per container. Regularly I'd be paying about $70 per container.

When I compare that to most any other decent gainer on the market, it's a great deal.

And to top all this off, it works well at its intended purpose. Help me to understand where I'm getting fucked, because I just don't feel it.

Established Member Feedback Score 1 (100%) Rodja's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Freepressright View Post
    OK then, educate me. How many carbs should non-cheap ass protein have versus what this does? I've looked up some of the most expensive wheys, whey isolates and caseins and you're looking at 3 to 5 carbs per scoop for most.

I paid $55 for a supplement that has a great blend of proteins, is low in sugar, has plenty of dietary fiber, includes carbs from oats, has CLA in it, has omega-3s, has MCTs, has beta alanine, has Kre-Alkalyn and six other types of creatines, has BCAAs and vitamins and it has 30, three-scoop servings per container. Regularly I'd be paying about $70 per container.

When I compare that to most any other decent gainer on the market, it's a great deal.

And to top all this off, it works well at its intended purpose. Help me to understand where I'm getting fucked, because I just don't feel it.
    Let's start with the company itself. They're not cGMP and have had some products fail QC tests in the past. Next is the ambiguity of the label. There isn't an exact ingredient list, so you have no idea as to what is actually included. You can put in extremely cheap milk proteins and label them as you'd like since it will be technically correct. The fact that there are 20g of carbs that are unaccounted for suggests this. You're correct that it is low in sugar, but the GI of maltodextrin, which makes up a huge chunk of the carb source, is essentially the same. While we're talking about maltodextrin, you're looking at an ingredient that retails for ~$20 for 10lbs of it. We're talking about an extremely cheap corn by-product with zero nutritional value. The fiber amount is also far from optimal: roughly 1g per 16g of carbs. We can't comment about the quality of the fat blend, but it doesn't look like anything special. At all. I don't see beta alanine on the label. Who gives a shit if it has 7 types of creatines when mono is proven to work and is $20 for a kg of it. Are you really bringing up the vitamins, minerals, and BCAAs? The amounts of each of these are fucking tiny. 33% of each of them is retarded and 550MG of BCAAs is even more retarded.
    M. Ed. Ex Phys

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Let's start with the company itself. They're not cGMP and have had some products fail QC tests in the past. Next is the ambiguity of the label. There isn't an exact ingredient list, so you have no idea as to what is actually included. You can put in extremely cheap milk proteins and label them as you'd like since it will be technically correct. The fact that there are 20g of carbs that are unaccounted for suggests this. You're correct that it is low in sugar, but the GI of maltodextrin, which makes up a huge chunk of the carb source, is essentially the same. While we're talking about maltodextrin, you're looking at an ingredient that retails for ~$20 for 10lbs of it. We're talking about an extremely cheap corn by-product with zero nutritional value. The fiber amount is also far from optimal: roughly 1g per 16g of carbs. We can't comment about the quality of the fat blend, but it doesn't look like anything special. At all. I don't see beta alanine on the label. Who gives a shit if it has 7 types of creatines when mono is proven to work and is $20 for a kg of it. Are you really bringing up the vitamins, minerals, and BCAAs? The amounts of each of these are fucking tiny. 33% of each of them is retarded and 550MG of BCAAs is even more retarded.
    And the fact the product works for the vast majority of users somehow doesn't mean shit?

Super Moderator Feedback Score 2 (100%) DJM's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

first off at the end of the day, if you like it and it works, great.....i do get the thread was titled in a manner saying how much you like the product, just its steered into the 'quality' of it now, 2 different things.....i love gluta tren, but cant justify $30 for 20sv of glutamine lol

just for me, even at 55$ i wouldnt budge

i can grab 5lb whey blend from rxwhey, bottle of honey / bag of quaker, and tub of maranatha and hit those macros easily, and not bother with the 20 ingredients they listed for name value

to each's own.......but at this stage in the game no one can tell me any big label product is quality anymore, when their end game is $$$$, the key to a 'blend' is they are hiding how little the amounts of the good stuff they put........jmo, i like my label short and sweet

****most quality proteins show up with 1-2g carb max per 30g.....anything more and shit is being added

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    And the fact the product works for the vast majority of users somehow doesn't mean shit?
    Define work.

I'm commenting about the quality, or lack thereof, on the label of the product. They're definitely not quality calories considering how much maltodextrin is in the product. This isn't the 90's anymore. If you're looking to simply add calories without consideration to quality, then eat a double cheeseburger with mayo and bacon.
    Last edited by Rodja; 02-08-2013 at 02:44 PM.
    M. Ed. Ex Phys

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Produces in increase in mass with minimal fat gain and enables a person with a job, a family and two bands with busy gigging schedules a convenient way to get extra calories they need, consistently.

It enjoys overwhelmingly favorable user ratings at the majority of retailers who sell it.

To me, it's a winner. If you don't like it, that's fine.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Produces in increase in mass with minimal fat gain and enables a person with a job, a family and two bands with busy gigging schedules a convenient way to get extra calories they need, consistently.

It enjoys overwhelmingly favorable user ratings at the majority of retailers who sell it.

To me, it's a winner. If you don't like it, that's fine.
    So you don't care to address what I actually wrote instead of shifting to a completely ambiguous and unquantifiable statement?
    M. Ed. Ex Phys

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    No. The more I've thought about your response on this thread and the cumulative total of what you chime in on all over the internet, it dawned on me. By and large you're an asshole, know-it-all who looks to find fault in almost anything anyone else does, and I could argue with you until I'm blue in the face and it won't matter. Sometimes walking away comes with injured pride, but arguing with a horse's ass just isn't worth the time.

Have a good weekend!

A 1k Club Member Feedback Score 0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Define work.

I'm commenting about the quality, or lack thereof, on the label of the product. They're definitely not quality calories considering how much maltodextrin is in the product. This isn't the 90's anymore. If you're looking to simply add calories without consideration to quality, then eat a double cheeseburger with mayo and bacon.
    imma jump in and disagree. this may not be the handmade quality ingredient home snack, but its definitely better than said cheeseburger.

i totally get having a gainer with my schedule, how much i gotta eat and how my day works. and as far as gainers go, FPR's review seem to describe a product i'd look into.

another one, just for tips, is rxwhey's. i've used it before, good macros, decent ingredients, decent taste.

in the end, i guess it comes to some people see an use for gainers, some don't.

Super Moderator Feedback Score 2 (100%) DJM's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    going off ingredients id go with the rxwhey stuff, theyll probably do the same, but the no frills shortened ingredient list i much prefer