User Tag List

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    A 1k Club Member Feedback Score 0 Cobalt's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by burlyman30 View Post
    Their reason doesn't really add up. Obviously they said one thing to cover up for another reason. Maybe it was the fitness test... when they asked you to do pullups...

. Sorry... couldn't resist.
    Good one, asshole, lol

Actually, their fitness test was a large course that you had to run. You had 8 minutes and 5 seconds to run it. It involved running, getting in and out of a police car, busting through doors, running up/down stairs, dragging a 190 lb dummy around, pushups, situps, pullups, crawling through tunnels, ect...

The state record is 3:45.

I ran it in 4:00 flat.
    If you can bench more than you can squat, you're doing it wrong!

Super Moderator Feedback Score 0 burlyman30's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Excellent showing at the fitness test, actually. Nice job.
    All advice given is for entertainment value only. And it's free. Take it for what it's worth.

Super Moderator Feedback Score 2 (100%) h2s's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Cobalt View Post
    Good one, asshole, lol

Actually, their fitness test was a large course that you had to run. You had 8 minutes and 5 seconds to run it. It involved running, getting in and out of a police car, busting through doors, running up/down stairs, dragging a 190 lb dummy around, pushups, situps, pullups, crawling through tunnels, ect...

The state record is 3:45.

I ran it in 4:00 flat.
    Good work.

Established Member Feedback Score 2 (100%) pitboss's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by BoneDaddy View Post
    Rewarding, fulfilling, frustrating, numbing, thrilling, monotonous, terrifying, boring, etc....etc......

Is that what you nwere asking or something more specific?
    In my case thrilling has turned frustrating ......

Established Member Feedback Score 0 BoneDaddy's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Cobalt View Post
    I tried to join the force here in my city.

Out of 500+ that applied, I was one of the last 15 or so before I got cut. The reason? Bills were too high every month, they said I wouldn't survive on what they would pay me.
    The ironic thing is that I'm only making half what they were offering, and I'm making it just fine.
    I've seen more guys/girls get turned away in the past couple of years mostly for their financial situations, i.e. bad credit and such because of the economy. This week a guy who had wanted to apply for over 20 years finally did. He never went through with it because back in the early 90s he was discharged from the Navy a month into Basic because he was overheard saying he was gay. He had an entry-level discharge and not a dishonorable discharge as he thought. Then again, it may have been a different story applying under that shadow many years back. Glad we've at least come that far.

Quote Originally Posted by pitboss View Post
    In my case thrilling has turned frustrating ......
    Oh, I totally get where you're coming from.

Super Moderator Feedback Score 0 burlyman30's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I've seen more guys/girls get turned away in the past couple of years mostly for their financial situations, i.e. bad credit and such because of the economy.
    Interesting. What do you make of this? They think someone with big debt is going to turn into a bad cop for money reasons?
    All advice given is for entertainment value only. And it's free. Take it for what it's worth.

Super Moderator Feedback Score 3 (100%) BBG's Avatar
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Luckily I have no debts... I would never become a police officer for the money anyway.
    Super not-not-moderator BBG

Need extra cash? List of "Get Paid To" sites: Make $5 a day

Established Member Feedback Score 0 BoneDaddy's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by burlyman30 View Post
    Interesting. What do you make of this? They think someone with big debt is going to turn into a bad cop for money reasons?
    That's the theory anyways. Hard up for money, take a shortcut to make a quick buck, it's a slippery slope from there is the argument. The main argument is it show's your character and your responsibility. I know of 1 guy in particular that has gotten himself into a financial strain the past year or so and he has taken so much off duty work that it's not only affecting his police duties but also his off duty work. He's working so damn much he barely has time for sleep.

Quote Originally Posted by BBG View Post
    Luckily I have no debts... I would never become a police officer for the money anyway.
    Nor could you! lol

Super Moderator Feedback Score 3 (100%) BBG's Avatar
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    There's a small town (very small! and almost exclusively rich white people!!) that has around 60 police officers. They are all paid around 90k a year. Seriously no crimes happen in this town except people going 30 on the 25 mph roads.
    Super not-not-moderator BBG

Need extra cash? List of "Get Paid To" sites: Make $5 a day

A 1k Club Member Feedback Score 0 Cobalt's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I've seen more guys/girls get turned away in the past couple of years mostly for their financial situations, i.e. bad credit and such because of the economy.
    I fully understood where they were coming from as far as money is concerned. I think they were just in shock over the sheer amount of my bills. Back then, I was dropping $300/mo for health insurance, $500/mo for car insurance, $500/mo for car payments, ect...

The head officer in charge of the process said that my bills were higher than his, and he even had a mortgage when I didn't even have rent to pay. It sucks trying to be responsible and getting decent insurance on everything.

I believe the big kicker was that in my state (NC), if you work for the state and start failing to pay your bills, you automatically get fired.

There were only 5 slots open for new officers, and they were probably looking for perfect matches.
    That, and military experience. All 5 that got the spots were ex-army.
    If you can bench more than you can squat, you're doing it wrong!