User Tag List

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    Established Member Feedback Score 0 BoneDaddy's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by BBG View Post
    There's a small town (very small! and almost exclusively rich white people!!) that has around 60 police officers. They are all paid around 90k a year. Seriously no crimes happen in this town except people going 30 on the 25 mph roads.
    Can you get me an application, please? lol

Quote Originally Posted by Cobalt View Post
    I fully understood where they were coming from as far as money is concerned. I think they were just in shock over the sheer amount of my bills. Back then, I was dropping $300/mo for health insurance, $500/mo for car insurance, $500/mo for car payments, ect...

The head officer in charge of the process said that my bills were higher than his, and he even had a mortgage when I didn't even have rent to pay. It sucks trying to be responsible and getting decent insurance on everything.

I believe the big kicker was that in my state (NC), if you work for the state and start failing to pay your bills, you automatically get fired.

There were only 5 slots open for new officers, and they were probably looking for perfect matches.
    That, and military experience. All 5 that got the spots were ex-army.
    Have you thought about re-applying? I know what you mean about 'our' state. The politics here amaze me to no end. I think you and I are what...3 hours apart?

Would you believe that in a lot of instances guys without military experience are preferred, depending on the guy in charge of recruiting? a lot of guys I know think the military gives guys bad habits that aren;t needed/wanted in the civilian force and they're harder to train. But, some guys are on the other end of the spectrum. It changes so damn much.

A 1k Club Member Feedback Score 0 Cobalt's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Lol, forgot you lived here in NC.

It does vary from one place to another on military experience. I think nearly 3/4 of the police force here has some time in the service, but if you go to the next city over, it's non existent.

I have thought about re-applying, and ended up discarding the thought. After being turned down, I was able to transfer to the Loss Prevention department at one of my jobs. Pretty much got to monitor people for theft, and go snatch them up if they left the store with merchandise. It was an eye-opener to say the least. We always contacted the police to dispatch someone, because shoplifting is a misdemeanor (or a felony under some cases).
    I ended up leaving after a year because of how bad it was. The horrible pieces of shit for people that we had to deal with was just retarded on its own level. A guy tried to steal a $30 pair of shoes. He tried to fight me off, and I wound up with a dislocated shoulder and a torn rotator cuff. Over a pair of $30 shoes.
    Not to mention the 13 year old kid stealing jeans that had a LOADED GUN on him.

It was for the better, I'm just going to pursue my electrical/IT career field. I won't have to worry about a server pulling a knife on me if I need to repair it.
    If you can bench more than you can squat, you're doing it wrong!

Super Moderator Feedback Score 2 (100%) DJM's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

It was for the better, I'm just going to pursue my electrical/IT career field. I won't have to worry about a server pulling a knife on me if I need to repair it.
    where was your gun?????????

A 1k Club Member Feedback Score 0 Cobalt's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by DJM View Post
    where was your gun?????????
    At home.
    I wasn't allowed to have ANY weapon on me, at all. No gun, knife, or even a stick.
    If you can bench more than you can squat, you're doing it wrong!

Established Member Feedback Score 1 (100%) Rulk's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I've heard of some crazy things in "Loss prevention". Talking and getting a foothold mentally with some of the shoplifters is always the first thing you try to do, but you also have the ones who run automatically. Glad i'm not working in that field.

Established Member Feedback Score 0 BoneDaddy's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Lol, forgot you lived here in NC.

It does vary from one place to another on military experience. I think nearly 3/4 of the police force here has some time in the service, but if you go to the next city over, it's non existent.

I have thought about re-applying, and ended up discarding the thought. After being turned down, I was able to transfer to the Loss Prevention department at one of my jobs. Pretty much got to monitor people for theft, and go snatch them up if they left the store with merchandise. It was an eye-opener to say the least. We always contacted the police to dispatch someone, because shoplifting is a misdemeanor (or a felony under some cases).
    I ended up leaving after a year because of how bad it was. The horrible pieces of shit for people that we had to deal with was just retarded on its own level. A guy tried to steal a $30 pair of shoes. He tried to fight me off, and I wound up with a dislocated shoulder and a torn rotator cuff. Over a pair of $30 shoes.

Man, when I was on patrol and got a call for shoplifting I was ALWAYS concerned for the loss prevention guys. No gun, pepper spray, tazer, baton....nothing. I always told them to confront and follow to keep them in sight until we got there. People will do stupid, crazy shit to avoid an arrest. Loss prevention is sometimes more dangerous than being a cop. You never know who has what on them and it's compounded when you are totally defenseless.

Super Moderator Feedback Score 2 (100%) h2s's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Re: any Police Officers on the forum?

Quote Originally Posted by NOA View Post
    I've heard of some crazy things in "Loss prevention". Talking and getting a foothold mentally with some of the shoplifters is always the first thing you try to do, but you also have the ones who run automatically. Glad i'm not working in that field.
    I worked at an inter city grocery store. Out loss prevention guys dealt with crazy shit over small crime. Worst story was a guy who pulled a bloody knife out in a back security room while waiting for the police, stated that the blood was from an aids victim. I never heard how it ended. But my understanding is he got away.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

any Police Officers on the forum?

the aids blood wouldnt matter

Super Moderator Feedback Score 2 (100%) h2s's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Re: any Police Officers on the forum?

Quote Originally Posted by DJM View Post
    the aids blood wouldnt matter
    Probably wasn't even true, but it showed them they were dealing with someone insane, who would goto that level over what was probably $10.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

any Police Officers on the forum?

they shoulda had a gun instead