Quote Originally Posted by BBG View Post
There's a small town (very small! and almost exclusively rich white people!!) that has around 60 police officers. They are all paid around 90k a year. Seriously no crimes happen in this town except people going 30 on the 25 mph roads.
Can you get me an application, please? lol

Quote Originally Posted by Cobalt View Post
I fully understood where they were coming from as far as money is concerned. I think they were just in shock over the sheer amount of my bills. Back then, I was dropping $300/mo for health insurance, $500/mo for car insurance, $500/mo for car payments, ect...

The head officer in charge of the process said that my bills were higher than his, and he even had a mortgage when I didn't even have rent to pay. It sucks trying to be responsible and getting decent insurance on everything.

I believe the big kicker was that in my state (NC), if you work for the state and start failing to pay your bills, you automatically get fired.

There were only 5 slots open for new officers, and they were probably looking for perfect matches.
That, and military experience. All 5 that got the spots were ex-army.
Have you thought about re-applying? I know what you mean about 'our' state. The politics here amaze me to no end. I think you and I are what...3 hours apart?

Would you believe that in a lot of instances guys without military experience are preferred, depending on the guy in charge of recruiting? a lot of guys I know think the military gives guys bad habits that aren;t needed/wanted in the civilian force and they're harder to train. But, some guys are on the other end of the spectrum. It changes so damn much.