User Tag List

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Established Member Feedback Score 0 Sperwer's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Cardio or Caloric Deficit by Diet

I think the point he makes about the self-defeating nature of cardio for strength athletes is interesting:

The Cardio Comedown
    "The purpose of today's training is to defeat yesterday's understanding."

Established Member Feedback Score 1 (100%) Rodja's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    He's lumping cardio and endurance training into the same thing, which they are not. This article puts no distinction between modalities, frequency, type, time, intensity, etc. and tries to put anything with a CV emphasis into the same mold, which is erroneous. One of the biggest problem in America is that we are really, really out of shape because there is such a small amount of emphasis put on conditioning. With a highly conditioned athlete comes a higher rate of recovery and increased threshold for volume, but you have to keep an eye on specificity and carryover. If you're a powerlifter, it doesn't make any sense to go out jogging as there is little carryover to the platform outside of perhaps weight control if you cut a lot of weight prior to a meet. When people mention cardio, most will think of a treadmill, elliptical, etc., but the possibilities for cardio are truly endless and they cannot all be mentioned in the same breath when the only similarities they share are movement and increased HR.
    M. Ed. Ex Phys

Established Member Feedback Score 0 Sperwer's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Rodja View Post
    He's lumping cardio and endurance training into the same thing, which they are not. This article puts no distinction between modalities, frequency, type, time, intensity, etc. and tries to put anything with a CV emphasis into the same mold, which is erroneous. One of the biggest problem in America is that we are really, really out of shape because there is such a small amount of emphasis put on conditioning. With a highly conditioned athlete comes a higher rate of recovery and increased threshold for volume, but you have to keep an eye on specificity and carryover. If you're a powerlifter, it doesn't make any sense to go out jogging as there is little carryover to the platform outside of perhaps weight control if you cut a lot of weight prior to a meet. When people mention cardio, most will think of a treadmill, elliptical, etc., but the possibilities for cardio are truly endless and they cannot all be mentioned in the same breath when the only similarities they share are movement and increased HR.
    Thanks Rodja. One of the reasons I post this stuff is to get other perspectives.
    Last edited by Sperwer; 02-11-2013 at 07:19 PM.
    "The purpose of today's training is to defeat yesterday's understanding."

Established Member Feedback Score 1 (100%) Rodja's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Alex View Post
    This content places no difference between methods, regularity, kind, time, strength, etc. and tries to put anything with a CV focus into the same pattern, which is invalid. One of the greatest issue in The united states is that we are really, really out of form because there is such a bit of focus put on training.
    Da fuq?
    M. Ed. Ex Phys

A 1k Club Member Feedback Score 5 (100%) O_RYAN_007's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Rodja View Post
    Da fuq?
    I thought the same thing, and I'm still half asleep!

Super Moderator Feedback Score 2 (100%) DJM's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Cardio or Caloric Deficit by Diet

This content places no difference between methods, regularity, kind, time, strength, etc. and tries to put anything with a CV focus into the same pattern, which is invalid. One of the greatest issue in The united states is that we are really, really out of form because there is such a bit of focus put on training.
    x100
    totally!!

Super Moderator Feedback Score 2 (100%) h2s's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Your post and signature/username match indicate you are a bot, however, you have some posts that seem to be too on topic to be a bot. You have 24 hours to post a response to this comment, indicating your favorite color, which exercise you think is best for your triceps, and the age of which you lost your virginity.

A 1k Club Member Feedback Score 0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by h2s View Post
    Your post and signature/username match indicate you are a bot, however, you have some posts that seem to be too on topic to be a bot. You have 24 hours to post a response to this comment, indicating your favorite color, which exercise you think is best for your triceps, and the age of which you lost your virginity.
    yup ,the age you lost your virginity in de mouf
    https://www.facebook.com/pklima.fitness

Established Member Feedback Score 0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I'm going to have to confess, Rodja is my man-crush. If for no other reason than his knowledge and ability to convey that knowledge.

SwoleSource Member Feedback Score 0 BeaverDan's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I can't stop laughing, I really hope this guy is legit, so I don't feel dumb for laughing at a bot.