User Tag List

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    A 1k Club Member Feedback Score 1 (100%) nate3993's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Down to experiment?

Been some discussion on Grapefruit juice and pro hormones. A study was posted by right hook saying that grapefruit juice, due to it having naringen, could actually inhibit the conversion process and therefore do no good for you. Anyone on a pro hormone willing to try this? Take 4-8 ounces of grapefruit juice with your steroid/ pro hormone. Maybe even take a slightly lower dose. See what happens after a week of it? Nothing too drastic. Don't wanna fuck up anyone's cycle. Anyone down?

Here's the article in question-

"Long Answer - While grapefruit juice does effectively inhibit CYP450 enzymes, it also contains a large amount of naringenin (22). Naringenin is extremely detrimental to a critical enzyme known as 17beta- hydroxysteroid dehydrogenase (17β-HSD) type 5. 17β-HSD type 5 is perhaps the most critical enzyme in the process of prohormone conversions. This enzyme completes the conversion of all these prohormones to more powerful metabolites (diols and testosterones), which is what makes them effective muscle builders.

Naringenin has shown that it can inhibit up to 50% of this enzyme when plasma levels reach only 2.4μM. To give you an idea of just how little grapefruit juice you need to consume to reach these plasma levels, you need only 24 ounces to reach plasma levels of 6μM. If you consumed grapefruit juice every day, plasma levels of naringenin would reach well over 20μM (22). With plasma levels of 20μM, 17β-HSD would be inhibited well over 70%. This would leave you with a significantly less powerful dione based prohormone (after conversion via 3β-HSD). The below chart shows increasing levels of 17β-HSD inhibition, based on plasma levels of 20μM for each compound, naringenin is the red bar. Naringenin is also one of the few compounds in this chart that we can actually reach high plasma levels by food consumption (grapefruit juice). It should be noted that AKR1C3 is another name for 17β-HSD type 5.

So the next time you see someone recommend you try and increase prohormone bioavailability with grapefruit juice?please think again.

Reference:
    Skarydov?, Lucie et al. ?AKR1C3 as a Potential Target for the Inhibitory Effect of Dietary Flavonoids.? Chemico-Biological Interactions 178.1-3 (2009): 138?144."

Established Member Feedback Score 0 BoneDaddy's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I had to laugh a little seeing Nate post a thread asking if anyone was down to experiment! lol

I actually took my Androhard and Dermacrine and Tren from PP in grapefruit juice. The juice masked that nasty ass taste. I can honestly say it made a difference. Cycles with grapefruit juice ran better than without to me.

A 1k Club Member Feedback Score 0 Cobalt's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Same here, AndroMASS taken with grapefruit juice hit harder.
    If you can bench more than you can squat, you're doing it wrong!

Super Moderator Feedback Score 3 (100%) BBG's Avatar
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Boladrol with grapefruit juice for 2 weeks, then without for 2 weeks. I realized by the end of the last 2 weeks "man why am I not feeling nearly as much on this... then it dawned on me I had stopped the grapefruit juice"

could be placebo, but I hadn't really be cognizant of the change until afterward.
    Super not-not-moderator BBG

Need extra cash? List of "Get Paid To" sites: Make $5 a day

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Anytime I'm on cycle I tell my wife to never erase the grapefruit juice off of the shopping list. Just leave it and get it everytime.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Haha. Fukin bone daddy. I really wish we could all meet up, sit down and
    Just hang out. A swole source meet up would be pretty gangster.

But back on topic, TAKE THAT right hook. Lol

Super Moderator Feedback Score 2 (100%) h2s's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by nate3993 View Post

I know you are kidding, but I wouldn't discourage someone like Right Hook from sharing emerging research.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by h2s View Post
    I know you are kidding, but I wouldn't discourage someone like Right Hook from sharing emerging research.
    Course not. Discussion and knowledge is ALWAYS accepted

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by nate3993 View Post

I think we'd all need 2 days, minimum. I bet this would be a kick ass crowd to hang out with.

Super Moderator Feedback Score 0 burlyman30's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Re: Down to experiment?

Quote Originally Posted by BoneDaddy View Post
    I think we'd all need 2 days, minimum. I bet this would be a kick ass crowd to hang out with.
    We could all meet up at PP headquarters... oh... wait... nevermind.

I can tell you it was fun hanging with Matt, Eric, Climbing and Beatheart a year ago. I still keep in touch with all of them ever since then.

Edit: forgot about Rachel and her friend, too... that really added some interesting flavor to the night...
    Last edited by burlyman30; 02-14-2013 at 12:47 PM.
    All advice given is for entertainment value only. And it's free. Take it for what it's worth.