User Tag List

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    SwoleSource Member Feedback Score 0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Sustain Alpha permanantly reducing acne?

I used 1/3rd of the old SA on my back and I hardly get acne there anymore still, meanwhile my face is still hit with the same. This could be coincidence but I am wondering if it's possible SA has some long term effects where applied? I still have some SA left and I'm going to just use it on my face now and see if it clears me up and also see if it happens to stay that way.

I'm wondering if topical resveratrol is the answer. It ups and downs specific estrogen receptors in our favor, but could it possible have long term effect on the receptors?

A 1k Club Member Feedback Score 5 (100%) O_RYAN_007's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I'll tell you that I've used topical SA on my back for a couple months and since then, I've really noticed that I don't get much acne on my bad anymore (even while on cycle). I've been on cycle now for about 6 wks and I've only gotten 2-3 small pimps on my back. I used to get really bad ones on my upper back. I have a couple bottles of SA that I'm holding and using as needed. I love this stuff, its done wonders for me. I've also used it on my face with the same type of results.

Freepressright was the one that brought SA up to our attention for being a great acne killer. I'm very glad that he did.

A 1k Club Member Feedback Score 1 (100%) Freepressright's Avatar
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I used to get very severe back acne - almost cystic acne. I noticed a drastic reduction in my acne when I first used topical Dermacrine (contains resveratrol). And then when I did my PCT with topical Sustain Alpha, my back acne went into total remission and stayed that way for several months.

It mildly flared up a couple times on cycle, but never to the degree that it used to be. I don't have any back acne at all anymore. It's gone.

A few months after my experience, I read an article on topical resveratrol and its potency as an acne fighter. Here is the article, with references to a study:

Resveratrol Linked to Fighting Acne / Truth In Aging

I would sparingly apply some SA to parts of your face first to see how you react. If it doesn't irritate your skin, use it to your advantage.

SwoleSource Member Feedback Score 0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    So there is some merit. When my one bottle of SA runs out I might as well break open some resveratrol gels or get some topics out there.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Even though I won't personally do business with them because of a bad experience, Protoype Nutrition makes R-Spray, a topical resveratrol. It would probably be good for acne.

A 1k Club Member Feedback Score 0 Jelisej's Avatar
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Freepressright, you deserve a lot of credit as you pointed resveratrol (and SA) as treatment for acne while back ago- even before that article was written.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Thank you, J.

I suffered with very bad acne as a teenager. After adulthood, I would still get occasional and sporadic facial acne, but I was slammed hard with body acne, particularly on my back. After I started shaving my chest and stomach, I'd get it there too.

I'd tried a back scrubber and multiple body washes and really didn't make much of a difference. I even used the Clean and Clear with the benzyl peroxide in it with high hopes, but it was a pain in the ass to keep up with and the cost to benefit ratio was virtually non-existent.

It was just dumb luck that my Dermacrine cycle led me to the answer. It wasn't until later that I found the study.

SA is a miracle for acne, IMHO. The remission period is what is most astonishing to me.

Established Member Feedback Score 0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    glad to see it works for acne since it was pretty much useless for everything else

Established Member Feedback Score 0 Fat Bill Dwyer's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I actually liked SA topical, plumped up the boys real nice.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by sandman View Post
    glad to see it works for acne since it was pretty much useless for everything else
    That's a pretty uncommon opinion about SA. I'd argue that it works too well. One pump of the gel is all I can tolerate. Anything more and it crushes my estrogen to a very noticeable level.