User Tag List

Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345
    SwoleSource Member Feedback Score 0 Avl's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    50k a day? no doubt its a waste..as for my 15k or so, at about 10-15 bucks a bottle im ok with that.

Banned Feedback Score 0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Vitamin D is an important element for our body. I like this discussion and i found lot of useful stuff about it. I am completely agreed with the above post that its a complete wastage of money.

Established Member Feedback Score 0 Right Hook's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Vitamin D Discussion

Quote Originally Posted by Avl View Post
    50k a day? no doubt its a waste..as for my 15k or so, at about 10-15 bucks a bottle im ok with that.
    Refer to post #36

A 1k Club Member Feedback Score 0 Jelisej's Avatar
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I did not know that aromatase inhibitors can significantly reduce vitamin D levels:
    Effect of baseline serum vitamin D l... [Breast Cancer Res Treat. 2012] - PubMed - NCBI
    From study: Absolute serum levels of vitamin D increased significantly at one year in the anastrozole group (2.88 ng/ml, [1.71, 4.06; P < 0.0001]) but not in the placebo group (0.75 ng/ml [-0.35, 1.85; P = 0.18]).

From exemestane/aromasin label:
    --WARNINGS AND PRECAUTIONS------------------------

Reductions in bone mineral density (BMD) over time are seen with
    exemestane use
    (5.3).

Routine assessment of 25-hydroxy vitamin D levels prior to the start of
    aromatase inhibitor treatment should be performed (5

Another study (on women) who were treated with letrozole and supplemented with vitamin D
    Effect of vitamin D supplementation ... [Breast Cancer Res Treat. 2010] - PubMed - NCBI
    From study:
    After 16 weeks of letrozole, more women with 25OHD levels >66 ng/ml (median level) reported no disability from joint pain than did women with levels <66 ng/ml (52 vs. 19%; P = 0.026). Vitamin D deficiency and insufficiency are prevalent in post-menopausal women initiating adjuvant AI. Vitamin D3 supplementation with 50,000 IU per week is safe, significantly increases 25OHD levels, and may reduce disability from AI-induced arthralgias.
    Last edited by Jelisej; 06-05-2013 at 05:52 PM.