User Tag List

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Established Member Feedback Score 0 markam's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quick Question. NAC, Milk Thistle & Prohormones

Quick question: Would taking NAC, Milk Thistle the same time as pro hormones be ok? If not, how long before taking pro hormones should you allow? I understand that it's beneficial to take Aegis at the same time (need confirmation) but not sure about Milk Thistle and NAC. You'd think this would be an easy google search, but I haven't had any luck.

BTW If you're supplementing with zinc, make sure you are getting adequate copper. Magnesium and Potassium are also important in this case.

Super Moderator Feedback Score 0 burlyman30's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Re: Quick Question. NAC, Milk Thistle & Prohormones

Quote Originally Posted by markam View Post
    Quick question: Would taking NAC, Milk Thistle the same time as pro hormones be ok? If not, how long before taking pro hormones should you allow? I understand that it's beneficial to take Aegis at the same time (need confirmation) but not sure about Milk Thistle and NAC. You'd think this would be an easy google search, but I haven't had any luck.

BTW If you're supplementing with zinc, make sure you are getting adequate copper. Magnesium and Potassium are also important in this case.
    Brolore says to preload milk thistle for two weeks prior to cycle then take it through cycle. I never really bought into the preload premise myself, so I ran it all through the cycle and PCT.
    All advice given is for entertainment value only. And it's free. Take it for what it's worth.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by burlyman30 View Post
    Brolore says to preload milk thistle for two weeks prior to cycle then take it through cycle. I never really bought into the preload premise myself, so I ran it all through the cycle and PCT.
    Yeah, heard that also. The one that's important to preload is Hawthorn as it initially spikes blood pressure. (I know you know this, just saying anyway).

I'm really wondering if I took NAC, milk thistle and a prohormone together, (at the same time), whether it would be detrimental to the pro hormones efficacy?

SwoleSource Member Feedback Score 0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    ^Hawthorn yes, thistle or NAC no.

Personally if using NAC I would not bother with Thistle, far greater support for the benefits of use with NAC on the liver.

I also think it highly unlikely to concern yourself with affecting the PH itself by supplementing with either or both. You could if happier dose them apart and look at half lifes for all products concerned but I would be amazed if any difference would be made and if so that it would have negative impact on the cycle.

I think sometimes in excitement and anticipation it is easy to over analyze :-)

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by jw390898 View Post
    ^Hawthorn yes, thistle or NAC no. I guess you're referring to preloading here, yes?

Personally if using NAC I would not bother with Thistle, far greater support for the benefits of use with NAC on the liver.

I also think it highly unlikely to concern yourself with affecting the PH itself by supplementing with either or both. You could if happier dose them apart and look at half lifes for all products concerned but I would be amazed if any difference would be made and if so that it would have negative impact on the cycle. OK, so not to worry about taking liver support sups at the same time as PHs.

I think sometimes in excitement and anticipation it is easy to over analyze :-) Yep, but it's something I've wondered about from time to time and eventually I need to find the answer, however trivial. LOL
    Thanks for the help.

A 1k Club Member Feedback Score 0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Jumping in and hijacking. What helped you guys' urinary function? Seems that Saw Palmetto isn't all it promised but was wondering if anything else helps the prostate or even kidneys.

Can't call it an issue, but I can notice some difference in the stream during cycle.

PS. - These may all be ignorant inquiries.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by longBallLima View Post
    Jumping in and hijacking. What helped you guys' urinary function? Seems that Saw Palmetto isn't all it promised but was wondering if anything else helps the prostate or even kidneys.

Can't call it an issue, but I can notice some difference in the stream during cycle.

PS. - These may all be ignorant inquiries.
    Try upping the dose on Saw Palmetto, it works for me but it does take a while to kick in. I bought some bulk powder Saw Palmetto and made caps up containing about 600mgs extract. Cheap and it works.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by markam View Post
    Try upping the dose on Saw Palmetto, it works for me but it does take a while to kick in. I bought some bulk powder Saw Palmetto and made caps up containing about 600mgs extract. Cheap and it works.
    Thanks bud, i'll give it a go!

Super Moderator Feedback Score 0 burlyman30's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Though some have theorized that liver support reduces effectiveness of oral PH or AAS, I can say that I have always seen the effects of those compounds just fine while using strong liver supports (TUDCA or TUDCA + milk thistle). I would say if it does diminish the effectiveness, it is at a level that is not noticeable or measurable. Since you only have one liver, I propose that you keep it as healthy as possible on cycle and get it back to normal function asap in PCT.
    All advice given is for entertainment value only. And it's free. Take it for what it's worth.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by burlyman30 View Post
    Though some have theorized that liver support reduces effectiveness of oral PH or AAS, I can say that I have always seen the effects of those compounds just fine while using strong liver supports (TUDCA or TUDCA + milk thistle). I would say if it does diminish the effectiveness, it is at a level that is not noticeable or measurable.
    HAH very interesting stuff burly, not questioning your info, but just interested. you got any sawce on this?