0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

SwoleSource Member Feedback Score 0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    he would get annihilated if he had to fight Alistair Overeem, but everyone else in the UFC heavyweight division he could kill.

Established Member Feedback Score 1 (100%) Rulk's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by MstenTheNewKing View Post
    he would get annihilated if he had to fight Alistair Overeem, but everyone else in the UFC heavyweight division he could kill.
    I think he definatly has everything he needs to be super competitive in the heavyweight div. BUT, I don't think he'd murder everyone else in the division, besides Alistair. Mir would be a good test to welcome JBJ in the division. I see JDS Knocking out JBJ, and Cain Velaquez giving him a good test all around.

I hope Josh Barnett gets an opportunity to mix it up in the UFC, and see how he stacks up currently. Daniel Cormier will have his shot soon. Both again good tests. But JBJ kill all that I mention? Too soon to tell.

I think if JBJ got Alistair down, that might be the end right there.

Established Member Feedback Score 1 (100%) Rodja's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by MstenTheNewKing View Post
    He'd destroy Alistair. Jones it too fast, too athletic, and too good of a wrestler. Yes, Brock is a wrestler and Overeem beat him, but they are not even in the same league of wrestling. Brock relies on two things: a power double and his size. His wrestling technique is average beyond that skill set, but Jones not only has solid shots, but his Greco/Judo is amazing.
    M. Ed. Ex Phys

Established Member Feedback Score 3 (100%) USN HM 350Z's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Everything is speculative anyways until he actually steps up and fights at HW. Which might be after Chael beats him for his title. You heard it here first people!
    Last edited by USN HM 350Z; 11-10-2012 at 11:26 AM.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    As much as I like Chael, I don't see him beating Bones. If Chael's endless swarm attack works on Bones, that might be the best way to beat him. I don't know if I can give either one a wrestling advantage over the other, but if we factor in Bones size diff, then i'd have to give it to him.

I'd like to see someone with strong submissions go up against Bones, like Mir. I think the next time someone catches him, it'll make him tap. Learn from Vitor!

SwoleSource Member Feedback Score 0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Josh Barrnet will never fight in UFC Dana White will make sure of that. Plus Alister and Josh both have something in common they like the roids, thats why they spent most of their careers fighting in Japan. And Alistair has great power behind his punches and his kicks and he has good range and fights comfortabley at his weight. Jones would have to pack on some pounds and maybe he'll loose some of his speed. But i believe if Alistair connects with a good punch or kick he would knock jones out.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I'd say Jones chin is decent. He's been hit before and never showed any signs of being wobbled. Against Alistair... He hits hard, but he's gotta connect. If Jones does lose some speed, he'll still be the fastest in the division. It all boils down to un-answered questions: How will Jones deal with opponents finally bigger than him? Has his chin been truly tested? Will he be strong enough, faster? Etc... We'll have to wait and see.

Josh Barnett is trying to mend the fences and get a shot. Josh is probably considered high risk. You hire him, he pisses dirty and adds bad press for mma- something Dana doesn't like. If he does get a shot ( almost anything can happen ), I hope it comes soon, Josh's window is closing.