User Tag List

Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast
    Established Member Feedback Score 1 (100%) Rodja's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by sandman View Post
    Unless lifting is their full time position then I see no need to stay in the gym that long.
    And you'll never be as strong as you can possibly be with that mentality. It all boils down to how badly you want something and what sacrifices you are willing to make in order to make a goal a reality. I still have a life and lifting is only a portion of that.
    M. Ed. Ex Phys

Established Member Feedback Score 0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Rodja View Post
    And you'll never be as strong as you can possibly be with that mentality. It all boils down to how badly you want something and what sacrifices you are willing to make in order to make a goal a reality. I still have a life and lifting is only a portion of that.
    I guess strength training isn't worth it to me. I don't worry about how strong I am considering most of those guys look like shit anyway. But I still stand by the fact that no way 3 hours in the gym is worth it over an 1 1/2 hours. A 1 1/2 hour traning session will still lend enough volume to grow into an aesthetically pleasing physique.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I guess strength training isn't worth it to me. I don't worry about how strong I am considering most of those guys look like shit anyway. But I still stand by the fact that no way 3 hours in the gym is worth it over an 1 1/2 hours. A 1 1/2 hour traning session will still lend enough volume to grow into an aesthetically pleasing physique.
    You're ignorant when it comes to powerlifting and particularly geared powerlifting so it's best you not speak about an are where you have zero knowledge. I'm not vain and would much rather be strong than have abs (and I've had abs). It's extremely common for people to say that they don't care about strength, but they're always the ones looking on when someone is about to bench 600 or squat 800.
    M. Ed. Ex Phys

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Rodja View Post
    You're ignorant when it comes to powerlifting and particularly geared powerlifting so it's best you not speak about an are where you have zero knowledge. I'm not vain and would much rather be strong than have abs (and I've had abs). It's extremely common for people to say that they don't care about strength, but they're always the ones looking on when someone is about to bench 600 or squat 800.
    Yeah I am ignorant because I see no point in it. I'll be 31 years old soon, I'm past thinking I'm a tough guy who could lift big weights, I'd rather have a body that I worked on sculpting into something that looks good.

any drunk at any irish bar could look like this

technical training shaped this body, not a sloppy guy just throwing big weights around

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Again no thank you

http://npcnewsonline.com/wp-content/...ue-Overall.jpg

much more respectable

Established Member Feedback Score 0 markam's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    "Do not argue with an idiot. He will drag you down to his level and beat you with experience"

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by markam View Post
    "Do not argue with an idiot. He will drag you down to his level and beat you with experience"
    yeah i'm seeing that, one track minded is not the way to be

Established Member Feedback Score 0 markam's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    yeah i'm seeing that, one track minded is not the way to be
    Yep, you win :)

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Yeah I am ignorant because I see no point in it. I'll be 31 years old soon, I'm past thinking I'm a tough guy who could lift big weights, I'd rather have a body that I worked on sculpting into something that looks good.

any drunk at any irish bar could look like this

technical training shaped this body, not a sloppy guy just throwing big weights around
    Facepalm. Powerlifting is infinitely more technical than BB'ing. Funny how you bring up your age because you'd think you'd be old enough to realize that there are other goals and perspectives out there. If you're into BB'ing, that's your prerogative, but to disrespect someone based simply until their goals is pretty immature. I could sit around and make fun of BB'ers for hours, but who am I to say that someone's goal is stupid.

EDIT: I'm not saying that PL'ing is the only way to train. What I am saying is that different goals require different amounts of work and sacrifices. Performance v aesthetics will always be a debate, but that's a value issue that cannot be quantitatively measured. Each have their own merits and what one chooses to do with their life is their business. Simply because it is not the way I train does not belittle the work and/or focus it takes.
    Last edited by Rodja; 02-28-2013 at 01:32 PM.
    M. Ed. Ex Phys

A 1k Club Member Feedback Score 0 Jelisej's Avatar
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by markam View Post
    I dont think that anyone here is an idiot, it is just that we all have different opinions. I always avoid some topics, and I regret that I took part in this one, as "recreative" I definitely have no place here, as sometimes differences between peoples goals and ideas are too big.