User Tag List

Page 39 of 53 FirstFirst ... 29373839404149 ... LastLast
    SwoleSource Member Feedback Score 0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Turnover25 View Post
    Decided it was time to finally become a member here.

I've been lurking here for a few months. I haven't joined because I think I was scared. Joining the site and finally posting would solidify what has been happening to me for the past 4 months. I think not joining somewhat allowed me to ignore my fate. Recently I've realized that there is no escaping this hell without reaching out for help, so here I am.

I'm a completely normal dude. Played sports throughout my adolescent life, a musician, had friends and a life, used to be a Marine. There was nothing wrong with me, physically or mentally. About a year back, I started to become anxious about my hair starting to fall out. I saw some dumbass add for a hairless drug and decided to give it a try. Had horrible side effects. I remember sitting in class on about the 3rd day of taking it, and it looked like I had just taken a shower with my clothes on. I stood up in front of the class and walked out because I was drenched my own sweat. Im talking drenched. And the anxiety was out of this world. So, I decided to stop taking it. The side effects went away. A year later, I decided to start up again. This time, the side effects were just as real, but it was different. There was an added effect that we call "brain fog" so I decided to quit. Well, that shit never stopped. Then, I was greeted with a nice set of panic attacks, anxiety, depression, and lost the ability to get my dick hard (I don't struggle very much in this department).

My journey since then has been nothing short of a nightmare. It began with a complete loss of reality. My depersonalization was so bad that I felt like I was in a completely different world. I didn't recognize myself in the mirror. Watching the TV gave me migraines and made my head buzz. Sounds would float around my head in every which direction instead of my ears just gathering the sound. It was like a fucking acid trip. This still happens periodically. I remember after I crashed, it felt like someone poured hot lava down the top of my skull and the liquid was moving around in my head.

As of today, my symptoms are complete memory loss (there are days where I literally don't know where the fuck I am or how I got there) it's like nothing exists or has ever existed except this very second. Then, said second leaves and I'm in the next second. Also, a brain fog that isn't as severe as it used to be, but everything in my vision looks weird as fuck. It's like everything is in 2D, and someone turned the contrast up to high. Bright lights make it worse and make my head buzz. So does driving, TV, or using my cell phone. Anyone ever experience this?

Also, anxiety and panic attacks at the slightest exposure of stress. I'm a college student now, so sitting in class gives me plenty of these. Looking at formulas trying to figure them out (I'm a finance major) makes me freak out inside. I used to be very strong with math.

I've been laughed at by doctors, my family has completely left me in the dark and told me "We're sick of hearing about it, just get better already and stop worrying about it" and I haven't reached out to my friends because of how stupid I sound trying to tell them a hairless drug has completely stolen my life from me. I never thought I would ever be in a position like this, it is literal hell. I contemplate suicide often, though not as much as I used to when it began, but still.

Recently I decided to begin the protocol, I did a 7 day juice feast and actually noticed that my thoughts cleared up a bit. I felt pretty good coming out of it, the only issue is that I struggle with alcohol addiction, and for some reason red wine makes me feel better for a few days (anything else makes me crash), so I think I have ruined my progress because I relapsed several times since my juice feast just a couple weeks ago, (don't judge, pathetic I know).

So now, I plan on doing a water fast in the next week or so, then really doing this thing full force. I thought I would reach out to this community because god knows I need it. I don't know where I'd be having not found this community.

Finally, not all days have been bad. Yeah, I've been stuck in a constant brain fog for 4 months, I've felt the anxiety and derealization most of the time, but there have been good days, and I have learned a lot from this already. I believe there is a cure, and I'm not going to quit. Thanks for reading this if you did.

Hey man, sounds like you got it rough, really sorry to hear.. As everyone says - Stick to the protocol, and you'll be free!

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Hey guys, after years of fucking around looking for a silver bullet I decided to sign up here and fully commit to CD's protocol. I guess I'm not the typical PFS sufferer, as my poison was an SSRI called citalopram which I took for severe anxiety and depression. It helped, but helped a little too well. I was stripped of all my emotions, libido, and what little drive I had etc., you know how it goes, won't bore you with the details lol. I got PSSD. This was back in 2015, and over the years my life has become sort of livable again either due to time or all the random shit I tried. I still have no libido, ED, and emotional numbness and anhedonia but I'm mostly functional in day to day life otherwise. It's not fun however and I wasted enough time in this state, time to fix it.

I'm currently on day 2 of my juice feast, have ordered a ton of herbs (RIP wallet) and other required items. I think exercise is going to be the hardest part for me to get right since I'm pretty out of shape and was never a big sports person. I have gone to the gym for months at a time, following a program they made for me there but never really saw results. Oh well, I'll just have to suck it up and do it.

Also I hope it's ok that I'm posting here since I technically don't have PFS, but PSSD. I'm on hackstasis too but I felt this is the better place for people doing CD's protocol.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I have the same vision/perception issues as you. It’s no fun.
    Last edited by mcbbould; 09-04-2019 at 10:33 PM. Reason: Update

New Member Feedback Score 0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Hello everybody,

I'm Michael, I'm 31 years old, I live in Switzerland (sorry for my english by the way).

I took finasteride during June-July 2018, for approximatively 45 days. Start crashing in September, got really really bad in February this year.

At first I did not understood what happend, I never link that to finasteride because I was not thinking that much of that drug. I had a burn-out in 2015, so I was thinking maybe it is just a bad time, but it was different - different in the way that I felt weird in my all body, i remember telling my doctor : I am going down, but this time it is weird, I feel my all body is falling appart. The side effects for me are : weird feeling in the muscle of my body, the legs, the arms, my back hurt, sometimes terrible headache, anxiety, a lot of anxiety, a feeling of my neck "burning" (hard to explain), depression, fatigue, insomnia, lost of libido. Fortunalety for me, I still can control erection, having some erection by itself during the night, but never when I wake up,

Then in March, by chance, i fall into an article talking about the side effects of finasteride, I was scared, confused and felt like I knew instantly why I went wrong a month after taking the pills. Then I went to mister google, searching, reading, scarying myself more and more...

I kinda blame myself tooking those pills.

Then, I start looking for remedy, I went to doctors (all of them were clear about the fact that the med cannot have so many bad things on me) - to cut it short, I quickly started to feel stuck, stuck in this hell for life, from what I was reading and from what doctors told me, I even, at some point, convinced myself that it was not possible. Well... I quickly start to realize that I could not ignore the way my body felt.

I discover the website and the forum last night. After month without searching and reaching for answers, I fall on a video on youtube and get into the comments section, a boy was talking about the forum and my curiosity lead me here.

First of all, congratulations to all of you who succed following the protocole. Also, good luck to all the ones who are in the middle of it and stick to it .

There is still a lot of questions in my head, this is a lot of informations to take in over a night but I will try my best to fight this shit.

Some days are better than others to me, i already stopped month ago Gluten and Coca and everything unhealthy, but still a lot of stuff to change to get to the recovery.

But first thing first, I am already so happy to read here and there that some boys fully recovered, I think a state of mind can change everything, so the first thing I have to fight at this point is the anxiety of the all thing, even writing F-i-n-a-s-t-e-r-i-d-e is hard for me, i feel like it's an obsession since March, and everyday I wake up and scan in my head my all body to check if something changed.

However, new area start now, I will go to the market to get stuff for the fasting and make a change.
    Last edited by kayiel; 09-05-2019 at 02:48 AM.

Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Hi all!

I have had pfs since 2011 and tried various therapies. I feel I am about 75% recovered and want to finally reach the 100% that I see many from this board have!

For the past few years I have mostly been sticking to Ray Peat eating and hormones like dhea and progesterone. I don't feel I have made enough progress the past year or so, so I want to give @Cdsnuts' program a go!

I have lately stopped taking thyroid hormone, to see how I am at baseline again. I also want to ween myself back down to a normal amount of coffee. I have a habit of drinking upwards of 6 cups in a day! This isn't good for someone suffering from anxiety and nerve pain like me.

I am suffering from nerve and joint pain (which improves upon eating liver), neckaches (which have gotten worse since stopping thyroid hormone), and a pretty bad anxiety. I have had many panic attacks, to the point where I have learned to live with almost constant anxiety. The things that help most with my anxiety are progesterone (which lowers my libido if taken too often), 5a-dhp (a derivative of progesterone which gives me headaches), dhea ( a precursor to dht which makes me irritable). Recently I found that drinking black-tea actually helps lower my anxiety considerably, which is weird because black tea is a 5-ar inhibitor. It lowers my anxiety but also makes me tired and lowers sex drive.

I am also wondering if I shouldn't attempt to go paleo. Eating lots of sugar and carbs with milk and Orange Juice helped give me energy and slow hair-loss, but it doesn't seem to be very good for my anxiety. I have heard of other people get anxiety from eating sugar. The problem is that now my metabolism is very fast, when I attempt to get by without eating carbs, I become grumpy and more anxious. I also have to drink coffee with sugar, and I have been a 6 cup a day drinker for a few years now. I now if I am going to go paleo from here, I am going to need to ween back on the coffee, and maybe only drink one per day or so.

Anyways, I am trying to look forward to the next stage in my journey, and to hopefully and finally get back to 100% after all these years!

SwoleSource Member Feedback Score 0 covfefe42's Avatar
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Hey guys,

I'm new here, was on Finasteride for 2 years with no sides, then switched to Dutasteride for a month, got sides, came off and got PFS (fuck). Symptoms aren't too bad compared to some of the stories I've seen. Mainly just insomnia (started off not able to sleep at all, now able to sleep 6-7 hours a night but wake up several times throughout), low libido, low energy, and digestive issues/constipation. Also have seen some penile changes such as more veins, etc.

Hoping to recover by following this protocol. I'm not sure if this protocol is legit yet, despite all of the recovery stories (was on Propecia help for a while before coming here, where a lot of people were skeptical of the protocol), but I'm going to trust in the process 100% because I have no other options.

So far have been following a Paleo diet (mostly meat, vegetables, and fruit), hitting the gym 3x/week, and preparing to start my first juice cleanse! Let's go!!

Moderator Feedback Score 0 Cdsnuts's Avatar
    Mentioned
    85 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by covfefe42 View Post
    Hey guys,

I'm new here, was on Finasteride for 2 years with no sides, then switched to Dutasteride for a month, got sides, came off and got PFS (fuck). Symptoms aren't too bad compared to some of the stories I've seen. Mainly just insomnia (started off not able to sleep at all, now able to sleep 6-7 hours a night but wake up several times throughout), low libido, low energy, and digestive issues/constipation. Also have seen some penile changes such as more veins, etc.

Hoping to recover by following this protocol. I'm not sure if this protocol is legit yet, despite all of the recovery stories (was on Propecia help for a while before coming here, where a lot of people were skeptical of the protocol), but I'm going to trust in the process 100% because I have no other options.

So far have been following a Paleo diet (mostly meat, vegetables, and fruit), hitting the gym 3x/week, and preparing to start my first juice cleanse! Let's go!!
    You're not sure if it's legit despite the recoveries? Do you think these guys who post recovery stories are running some long con game?

I can tell you the people over there who are skeptical are skeptical for no reason at all. They have a lot to say despite not giving it a try. The guys who stick to the program and go all in are the ones who recover. It's fairly simple.
    Total Male Optimization "People who say it can't be done shouldn't interrupt those that are doing it"

SwoleSource Member Feedback Score 0 covfefe42's Avatar
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Cdsnuts View Post
    You're not sure if it's legit despite the recoveries? Do you think these guys who post recovery stories are running some long con game?

I can tell you the people over there who are skeptical are skeptical for no reason at all. They have a lot to say despite not giving it a try. The guys who stick to the program and go all in are the ones who recover. It's fairly simple.
    Thanks for your response CD. Yea it's just hard to wrap my head around all these people suffering and killing themselves from PFS when there's a clear solution that they can follow. I guess you're right though that most people who are skeptical probably haven't tried it themselves.

Anyways, thanks for sharing your recovery protocol and giving us all some hope! Going to start a recovery log and commit 100% to this

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Hey everyone, I’m new here and wanted to share my story. I was on Accutane starting at the age of 14 and began to feel the very Same side effects all of you Pfs sufferers have. About a month into taking this acne drug my orgasm completely disappeared, one day I was jerking off and had ejaculated but no orgasm came with it. There was no pleasure at the end and I was pretty concerned. At the time I had not realized this was from Accutane and continued on the drug for about 8 months. My symptoms only continued to get worse and toot only was orgasm gone but my penis had gone completely numb and had shrunk a bit. I confided in my doctor who prescribed me the drug and he told me all my symptoms would go away once the drug was out of my system. Well that guy was either an idiot or a liar because here I am 5 years later aged 19 still suffering from low libido numb genitals, no orgasm, depression, anxiety, brain fog, trouble staying hard or getting hard. These past few years have been a living hell and having my manhood taken away from me at such a young age when other guys my age think about nothing but sex was really tough on me. I was suicidal for a while wondering if life was even worth living anymore. I coped by smoking weed almost everyday for the past few years because I would rather be numbed by the weed then feel depressed all the time. Well I finally quit weed cold turkey about two weeks ago and am currently on day 6 of a 14 day water fast and at true north health center. I found Cdnits protocol about a year ago and plan on following his protocol to a T if it will help me even just a little bit. I had tried supplements in the past and had little to no results but I am now ready to fully commit to his protocol and get my life back t the way it once was. I want to feel like my life is worth living once again and I’m confident this protocol will help me. It’s good to see others have had success and I am excited to begin my journey to recovery and gain my zest for life back.

Moderator Feedback Score 0 Cdsnuts's Avatar
    Mentioned
    85 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Bowsa View Post
    Hey everyone, I’m new here and wanted to share my story. I was on Accutane starting at the age of 14 and began to feel the very Same side effects all of you Pfs sufferers have. About a month into taking this acne drug my orgasm completely disappeared, one day I was jerking off and had ejaculated but no orgasm came with it. There was no pleasure at the end and I was pretty concerned. At the time I had not realized this was from Accutane and continued on the drug for about 8 months. My symptoms only continued to get worse and toot only was orgasm gone but my penis had gone completely numb and had shrunk a bit. I confided in my doctor who prescribed me the drug and he told me all my symptoms would go away once the drug was out of my system. Well that guy was either an idiot or a liar because here I am 5 years later aged 19 still suffering from low libido numb genitals, no orgasm, depression, anxiety, brain fog, trouble staying hard or getting hard. These past few years have been a living hell and having my manhood taken away from me at such a young age when other guys my age think about nothing but sex was really tough on me. I was suicidal for a while wondering if life was even worth living anymore. I coped by smoking weed almost everyday for the past few years because I would rather be numbed by the weed then feel depressed all the time. Well I finally quit weed cold turkey about two weeks ago and am currently on day 6 of a 14 day water fast and at true north health center. I found Cdnits protocol about a year ago and plan on following his protocol to a T if it will help me even just a little bit. I had tried supplements in the past and had little to no results but I am now ready to fully commit to his protocol and get my life back t the way it once was. I want to feel like my life is worth living once again and I’m confident this protocol will help me. It’s good to see others have had success and I am excited to begin my journey to recovery and gain my zest for life back.
    Welcome .

You have found the right place and you're started the right way. True north is beautiful, isn't it? When you can walk, go behind the facility for a walk. there is a grave yard that dates back past the civil war.....pretty cool.

Why don't you start a post and we can converse there?
    Total Male Optimization "People who say it can't be done shouldn't interrupt those that are doing it"