User Tag List

Page 47 of 53 FirstFirst ... 374546474849 ... LastLast
    New Member Feedback Score 0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Hi Folks

Adz here. Not sure if this requires a journey post of its own but I'll be brief here.

My whole story started in a matter of two weeks. Luckily I came across this forum as opposed to other forums because they were sending me down a horrible spiral. Looking for support from anyone and to support others as well.

Started losing hair this year. Typical story, go to dermatologist. Prescribed Fin. Have had several friends on it and they reassured me its fine. So took the plunge.

Dose: Took 0.5mg x 12 / over the course of 12 days.

Symptoms:
    - Didn't experience any negative side effects until day 12 (which probably happened earlier but I only noticed on day 12). Any desire for sex is gone. It's like it left my body. Simply gone. No libidio. No drive. No hunger for sex.
    - I don't have any other symptoms other than a slightly dull pulsating ache in the lower groin region/testicles. Comes and goes. I honestly don't know whether this is playing up because of stress.
    - Note its been 4th day I've stopped Fin.
    - Penis doesn't feel itself either. Like its half dead. It's a really weird feeling. I wouldn't say its shrunk or anything just 'not right'. Lifeless almost...

- Did a few tests getting hard/erect. With a little effort I can get erect but requires constant stimulation. As soon as I stop rubbing it goes limp. I can get excited if I was looking at something stimulating but it requires effort. Doesn't feel like my body needs it. I don't think I'd be able to maintain an erection during sex now.

Anyway, I've been so horrendously stressed. I've started taking a gander over this forum. I'm aware of the protocol just wondering whether I should give it a bit of time and see if things get better or start straight away.

I needed to post something somewhere and just feel there's support from others. So thank you to those who use this forum and Cdsnuts for keeping things going here which I've noticed already.

Also if anyone is keen to chat and keep each other updated on progress. Please feel free to reach out.
    Last edited by Adero; 08-02-2021 at 07:40 AM.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Hey guys,
    I have been a lurker for around 4-5 months now. I crashed during December last year( 2020). I initially visited PH and quickly got sucked into deep depression as I thought my life was completely over and I got mostly every symptom. I was lucky enough to stumble on English, mitch, c.d and other people who pointed me in this direction. Since I was really down I started to implement the protocol slowly as layed down on TMO by C.d . As of now I have the following symptoms.
    1. Physical - loss of muscle mass( 15 kgs) , old people like skin on my legs , extreme fatigue . The oil on my face has returned and my skin is looking better since I crashed . Also my hairfall has resumed.
    2. Mental - brain fog and unable to read or work for long hours , anxiety, don't do well with noise, bright lights. Also experience derealization but has gotten Slightly better. Tinitus comes and goes and has some corelation to stress as I see it.
    3. Sexual - mostly back to normal, leaving the size . Ejaculation does make me feel worse. Orgasm are also almost normal and enjoyable now. Semen quality is also almost back to normal.
    4. Sleep - have worked on this the most - got it down to 5-6 hours of sleep
    5. Gut - I am really intolerant to many foods like meats , lentils, some vegetables like peas and potatoes ( I got my gut tested and I have a dysbiosis)
    6. Harmones - My cortisol levels both morning and evening are normal. My test levels have gotten better from low 300 to high 400 but my total test has fallen from 14 to 13.4 which seems to be an shbg problem like many others here. The biggest thing for me is my TSH which is 4.8 which is way over the mark and was wondering if anyone has faced this and solved i would love to get some help in this department. it as my t4 and t3 levels also seem fine.

What I am doing
    Routine-
    1.Wake up at 6 and look at the sun ( this helps alot to set the circadian rhythm and helps with sleep.
    2.Do pranayam and yoga
    3.Do some meditation and breathing exercises
    4.Have a cold water shower ( dry scrubing , only use a anti fungal shampoo once a week as I have really bad Sebhoric dermatitis)
    5.Get an hour or so of sun( live in india so it's possible) ( sun my boys and do mobility work)

6. Eat 2 eggs made in ghee in the morning with spinach
    7. Get to work mostly am able to only work for like 2-3 hours in total a day ( I am a law student so I am not really working as of yet so I am lucky that I don't have to go to work)

8. Lunch - vegitables stew made in olive oil or ghee with sorghum roti( its an Indian flat bread)

9. Workout at 3 ( I can't handle weights and leads me to crash everytime so I have shifted to calisthenics 3-4 times a week)

10. Back to work 3 -6 ( snack is mostly a fruit like papaya or apple - I don't do well with sweet fruits)
    11. 6 - 7.30 ( walks in forest while looking at the setting sun - helps to set circadian rhythms)

12. 7.30 - dinner ( usually the same as lunch instead of sorghum roti I'll go for brown or red rice)

13. Gadgets off by 9 ( I sit and meditate or use the holosync/ binaural beats to calmn down) and also journal before bed.

Supplements -
    1.magnesium glycinate - makes me sleep well.
    2. Zinc citrate
    3. Digestive enzymes
    4. B vitamin complex ( makes my piss look like Mt.dew)
    5. Vitamin d3 k2
    6. L- glutamine

Going to start -
    1. Bacopa
    2. L- tyrosine
    3. L- theanine
    4. Curcumin

I am also working with a functional medicine practitioner for my problems in the gut.

I had a few questions I hope someone more experienced can answer it , as I would be really grateful for any kind of help :-

1. What can somebody do for soul crushing fatigue cause it really limits what I can do for workouts or does it simply go away . It amazes me how alot of whom recovered actually kept jobs and went to work while dealing with this problem which seems super human to me.

2. Has someone successful solved their thyroid problems and can possibly tell me what they did to better their tsh.

3. I have tried to lower my carbs but don't do well on a low carb diet , is it okay to eat carbs more than once a day as c.d suggests to backload them in the evening

4. Has some else also expirenced intolerance to meats as i was a frequent meat eater before the crash but now all I can eat is eggs for some reason when it comes to non- veg. Also is gelatin, chicken broth and fish broth just as effective for the gut as beef broth?.

Also any other insights into what I maybe doing wrong is always welcome. I find the recoveries board really inspiring and shows me how much work I need to do.

As for the herb rotation I intend to order them but since I am still dependent on my parents for money as I am only 20 I still have to wait a little. Though a lot of the herbs suggested by c.d are ancient ayurvedic medicines like tribulus ( gokshura), bacopa( bhrami), ashwagandha, shilajeet etc. So I maybe able to source them locally till I can convince my parents to buy the lost empire brand of herbs.

Thanks a lot and I am looking forward to having positive discussions on this forum
    Last edited by Trixy; 08-07-2021 at 03:32 AM.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    What's up fellas. I'm 26 years old - took finasteride for 6 months before quitting. Symptoms (in order) - lack of appetite, brain fog, rash on legs, QUIT PILL, sexual side effects (all of them), depression, muscular atrophy, bone/skin changes (lost all my callouses on my guitar fretting hand).

I've been reading through a lot of posts and wanted to document my own journey. Looking forward to any guidance along the way. Currently on TMO protocol. Just finished 7 day water fast last week - rebuilding phase starting now. Will be starting a thread shortly to document my progress.

Moderator Feedback Score 0 Cdsnuts's Avatar
    Mentioned
    85 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Trixy View Post
    Hey guys,
    I have been a lurker for around 4-5 months now. I crashed during December last year( 2020). I initially visited PH and quickly got sucked into deep depression as I thought my life was completely over and I got mostly every symptom. I was lucky enough to stumble on English, mitch, c.d and other people who pointed me in this direction. Since I was really down I started to implement the protocol slowly as layed down on TMO by C.d . As of now I have the following symptoms.
    1. Physical - loss of muscle mass( 15 kgs) , old people like skin on my legs , extreme fatigue . The oil on my face has returned and my skin is looking better since I crashed . Also my hairfall has resumed.
    2. Mental - brain fog and unable to read or work for long hours , anxiety, don't do well with noise, bright lights. Also experience derealization but has gotten Slightly better. Tinitus comes and goes and has some corelation to stress as I see it.
    3. Sexual - mostly back to normal, leaving the size . Ejaculation does make me feel worse. Orgasm are also almost normal and enjoyable now. Semen quality is also almost back to normal.
    4. Sleep - have worked on this the most - got it down to 5-6 hours of sleep
    5. Gut - I am really intolerant to many foods like meats , lentils, some vegetables like peas and potatoes ( I got my gut tested and I have a dysbiosis)
    6. Harmones - My cortisol levels both morning and evening are normal. My test levels have gotten better from low 300 to high 400 but my total test has fallen from 14 to 13.4 which seems to be an shbg problem like many others here. The biggest thing for me is my TSH which is 4.8 which is way over the mark and was wondering if anyone has faced this and solved i would love to get some help in this department. it as my t4 and t3 levels also seem fine.

What I am doing
    Routine-
    1.Wake up at 6 and look at the sun ( this helps alot to set the circadian rhythm and helps with sleep.
    2.Do pranayam and yoga
    3.Do some meditation and breathing exercises
    4.Have a cold water shower ( dry scrubing , only use a anti fungal shampoo once a week as I have really bad Sebhoric dermatitis)
    5.Get an hour or so of sun( live in india so it's possible) ( sun my boys and do mobility work)

6. Eat 2 eggs made in ghee in the morning with spinach
    7. Get to work mostly am able to only work for like 2-3 hours in total a day ( I am a law student so I am not really working as of yet so I am lucky that I don't have to go to work)

8. Lunch - vegitables stew made in olive oil or ghee with sorghum roti( its an Indian flat bread)

9. Workout at 3 ( I can't handle weights and leads me to crash everytime so I have shifted to calisthenics 3-4 times a week)

10. Back to work 3 -6 ( snack is mostly a fruit like papaya or apple - I don't do well with sweet fruits)
    11. 6 - 7.30 ( walks in forest while looking at the setting sun - helps to set circadian rhythms)

12. 7.30 - dinner ( usually the same as lunch instead of sorghum roti I'll go for brown or red rice)

13. Gadgets off by 9 ( I sit and meditate or use the holosync/ binaural beats to calmn down) and also journal before bed.

Supplements -
    1.magnesium glycinate - makes me sleep well.
    2. Zinc citrate
    3. Digestive enzymes
    4. B vitamin complex ( makes my piss look like Mt.dew)
    5. Vitamin d3 k2
    6. L- glutamine

Going to start -
    1. Bacopa
    2. L- tyrosine
    3. L- theanine
    4. Curcumin

I am also working with a functional medicine practitioner for my problems in the gut.

I had a few questions I hope someone more experienced can answer it , as I would be really grateful for any kind of help :-

1. What can somebody do for soul crushing fatigue cause it really limits what I can do for workouts or does it simply go away . It amazes me how alot of whom recovered actually kept jobs and went to work while dealing with this problem which seems super human to me.

2. Has someone successful solved their thyroid problems and can possibly tell me what they did to better their tsh.

3. I have tried to lower my carbs but don't do well on a low carb diet , is it okay to eat carbs more than once a day as c.d suggests to backload them in the evening

4. Has some else also expirenced intolerance to meats as i was a frequent meat eater before the crash but now all I can eat is eggs for some reason when it comes to non- veg. Also is gelatin, chicken broth and fish broth just as effective for the gut as beef broth?.

Also any other insights into what I maybe doing wrong is always welcome. I find the recoveries board really inspiring and shows me how much work I need to do.

As for the herb rotation I intend to order them but since I am still dependent on my parents for money as I am only 20 I still have to wait a little. Though a lot of the herbs suggested by c.d are ancient ayurvedic medicines like tribulus ( gokshura), bacopa( bhrami), ashwagandha, shilajeet etc. So I maybe able to source them locally till I can convince my parents to buy the lost empire brand of herbs.

Thanks a lot and I am looking forward to having positive discussions on this forum
    Welcome.

You shouldn't have any trouble getting good herbs in india. You can probably get most of them in a store where you live right over the counter.

For thyroid support, use this :Amazon.com: Optimox Iodoral 12.5 mg - Original High Potency Lugol Solution Iodine Nutritional Supplement - Energy and Thyroid Support - 90 Tablets : Health Household .. You won't need it the whole time. If you take it longer then necessary you start going in the other direction.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Gerf Yams View Post
    What's up fellas. I'm 26 years old - took finasteride for 6 months before quitting. Symptoms (in order) - lack of appetite, brain fog, rash on legs, QUIT PILL, sexual side effects (all of them), depression, muscular atrophy, bone/skin changes (lost all my callouses on my guitar fretting hand).

I've been reading through a lot of posts and wanted to document my own journey. Looking forward to any guidance along the way. Currently on TMO protocol. Just finished 7 day water fast last week - rebuilding phase starting now. Will be starting a thread shortly to document my progress.
    Welcome.
    Total Male Optimization "People who say it can't be done shouldn't interrupt those that are doing it"

SwoleSource Member Feedback Score 0
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Hey all, just wanted to introduce myself.

i'm a 24 year old dude. I took finasteride for about three weeks, ending in late April of this year. I had some moderate ED while on the drug, but decided to discontinue. Two weeks following cessation I had my 'crash' though it didn't absolutely buttfuck me like it has to many here. It seems like my primary symptoms are disturbed and unrestful sleep, and as someone with hypochondria, a pretty immense amount of regret and anxiety surrounding my decision to take the drug, compounded by the fact that i've struggled with some neurological issues stemming from another drug as well as a concussion years ago. As it stands, things are okay and showing signs of natural recovery. Here's a list of what i'm currently dealing with

Dick: about 80% pre-fin. still get morning wood and orgasms and sexual pleasure seem unaffected but boners don't come as easily.
    Mental: about 80-90% feeling pretty clear, anxiety is very high however and my life has really taken a hit as I can't stop the cycle of obsessive thoughts about wishing I never tried the shit.
    Sleep: this is my main problem. I'm about 60% here. I have very vivid dreams and wake up a few times during the night. i don't feel refreshed in the mornings and have quite a bit of fatigue day in and day out. My energy is really low. It affects my motivation and well, and basically everything else in my life as sleep is a crucial aspect in one's overall health. This has improved but I am not back to baseline, four months since stopping.

that's about it. I've adopted about 70% of the protocol as of the past few weeks and this has coincided with me seeing improvements in the energy department. However, this is not enough. I'll go full bore in the next month or so when my schedule and finances allow for it. I may make a log later but i understand that frequenting these forums and nitpicking symptoms is not healthy for my mindset. I think a full recovery is definitely possible and I look forward to feeling normal again, and it's great to have found a community like this. I wish all of you the best in your recoveries.

All the best,

Flapjack

Mentioned
    85 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Flapjack View Post
    Hey all, just wanted to introduce myself.

i'm a 24 year old dude. I took finasteride for about three weeks, ending in late April of this year. I had some moderate ED while on the drug, but decided to discontinue. Two weeks following cessation I had my 'crash' though it didn't absolutely buttfuck me like it has to many here. It seems like my primary symptoms are disturbed and unrestful sleep, and as someone with hypochondria, a pretty immense amount of regret and anxiety surrounding my decision to take the drug, compounded by the fact that i've struggled with some neurological issues stemming from another drug as well as a concussion years ago. As it stands, things are okay and showing signs of natural recovery. Here's a list of what i'm currently dealing with

Dick: about 80% pre-fin. still get morning wood and orgasms and sexual pleasure seem unaffected but boners don't come as easily.
    Mental: about 80-90% feeling pretty clear, anxiety is very high however and my life has really taken a hit as I can't stop the cycle of obsessive thoughts about wishing I never tried the shit.
    Sleep: this is my main problem. I'm about 60% here. I have very vivid dreams and wake up a few times during the night. i don't feel refreshed in the mornings and have quite a bit of fatigue day in and day out. My energy is really low. It affects my motivation and well, and basically everything else in my life as sleep is a crucial aspect in one's overall health. This has improved but I am not back to baseline, four months since stopping.

that's about it. I've adopted about 70% of the protocol as of the past few weeks and this has coincided with me seeing improvements in the energy department. However, this is not enough. I'll go full bore in the next month or so when my schedule and finances allow for it. I may make a log later but i understand that frequenting these forums and nitpicking symptoms is not healthy for my mindset. I think a full recovery is definitely possible and I look forward to feeling normal again, and it's great to have found a community like this. I wish all of you the best in your recoveries.

All the best,

Flapjack
    Welcome
    Total Male Optimization "People who say it can't be done shouldn't interrupt those that are doing it"

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    hi guys, (i will try to keep it short)
    randomdutch96 here. a healthy, slim, 24 athletic guy.

Dosage:
    took finasteride 2 times: for 3 to 4 weeks in march, quitted for 1 month and 3 to 4 weeks in May. dose of ~0.25 eod.
    had small sides like watery semen, and less hard erection, and a bit less libido so I quit and tried it a second time to see if I would have no sides the second time. but unfortunately the same.
    in the first week of March I also had brain fog I suppose. it was weird, it was just like I couldn't concentrate and wasn't present sometimes.

Story:
    After quitting in may, I had no sides anymore as far as I know for 3 to 4 months, was still horny, and had spontaneous erections. last week I was with a girl, and we tried having sex but due to her being very tight we had to try multiple times and after trying x times my d*ck stopped working and stayed numb. (i was hard tho without physical stimulation and horny but not extremely horny). the night before meeting her however i jerked off 3 times in 2 hours lol.. perhaps a little bit too much of the good stuff.. oops...
    after that, I tried to evaluate how my libido was last week and my erections, and I noticed that it has been way less than the previous months.
    maybe it's psychological, maybe it's PFS. I'm still in doubt whether it is PFS since I only had been suffering low/no libido, a numb penis, and weak erections for a week as far as i know.
    will look for another month how it goes and gonna try out viagra(generic) tonight because I'm meeting up with this girl again. gonna get a blood test this coming week too.
    If I won't have any improvements for a few months I might look into solutions provided here.
    mentally I'm still 100% I guess and enjoying life, like sport, hanging out with friends, alcohol etc. (perhaps more tired as usual but that's perhaps just me doing nothing due to holiday.)
    furthermore, sleep is still fine.
    so the main issue is: low lobido, weak erections, numb penis.

anyway, I will keep you guys updated. (should I open a new folder for my story and how things go?)
    Glad that we can come here to share our stories!
    if anyone has a question, ask ahead.

All the best,
    randomdutch96

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Hey guys

Been on this thread for the last few days now, finding everything really valuable compared to the plethora of doom and gloom on other forums. There seems to be an awesome community and great advice so I thought I'd join.

I started with 0.25 daily about four months ago, I knew this shit was poison but after researching and listening to sources online I was slightly reassured and thought that lowering the dosage would reduce the instance of side effects. This was obviously a bad idea, throughout the four months the side effects came on very slowly and progressively which didn't prompt me to get off the drug as sooner.

Looking back now and checking the forums I'm getting more or less similar effects that most guys here are having. I've noticed the severe loss of libido, slight dick shrinkage, brain fog, headaches, loss of motivation, difficulty lifting weights, slight gyno and changes in body composition. I already had low testosterone to begin with so taking this has really not improved my situation.

I do have a few more questions and might make a seperate thread, grateful to have found this community as you guys seem super supportive and positive.

All the best

Mentioned
    85 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by krvs View Post
    Hey guys

Been on this thread for the last few days now, finding everything really valuable compared to the plethora of doom and gloom on other forums. There seems to be an awesome community and great advice so I thought I'd join.

I started with 0.25 daily about four months ago, I knew this shit was poison but after researching and listening to sources online I was slightly reassured and thought that lowering the dosage would reduce the instance of side effects. This was obviously a bad idea, throughout the four months the side effects came on very slowly and progressively which didn't prompt me to get off the drug as sooner.

Looking back now and checking the forums I'm getting more or less similar effects that most guys here are having. I've noticed the severe loss of libido, slight dick shrinkage, brain fog, headaches, loss of motivation, difficulty lifting weights, slight gyno and changes in body composition. I already had low testosterone to begin with so taking this has really not improved my situation.

I do have a few more questions and might make a seperate thread, grateful to have found this community as you guys seem super supportive and positive.

All the best
    Welcome. Follow the protocol and as you'll see, you'll get where you need to go.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    30 year old guy here, I took finasteride for almost 1.5 years. What’s strange is I noticed I was having slight issues with getting an erection within the first few months but the issue went away so I figured continuing the medication was OK. Big mistake. I haven’t experienced the brain fog issue nor has my anxiety issue gotten worse (that I can tell). The only issue I seem to be having is sexually related.

Let me preface this by saying that I can still achieve an erection *usually. It’s harder for me to get at full mass and most of the time the erection doesn’t last if I’m not constantly touching my penis. I still have the morning wood. I can achieve orgasm although I feel it happens quicker than what it did before starting the drug. My libido has taken a big hit. Normally it wouldn’t take much to get me in the mood and now I’m lucky if I’m able to experience this feeling twice a week.

I was starting to feel that my issues were more psychological until I noticed a physical change in my member. It seems thinner than it was before and it curves at a weird angle when it’s soft. Hard to explain. I find that it’s easier for me to maintain an erection when I am lying down but when I stand I begin to lose it. All in all, my sex life has taken a big hit. I don’t want to get close to anybody because of my erectile issues. I’ve had testing done and I’m normal. Testosterone levels are fine.

Not sure if there is anybody here who may experience the more “mild” sexual side effects that come from taking finasteride. And I’m aware that this could be worse but it’s still a problem for me. I’ve been able to achieve orgasm using both pornography and just my thoughts so I don’t think it’s an overconsumption of porn, even though I do regularly consume it and masturbate. I don’t expect to be a horn dog for the rest of my life but this sudden change, especially around the time I started taking the drug propecia, leads me to believe that it’s to blame. Any advice or words of encouragement is welcomed.

Thanks for letting me vent.