User Tag List

Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast
    SwoleSource Member Feedback Score 0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I hate Mercola with a passion. So many fall victim to his quackery and pseudoscience rants

Moderator Feedback Score 0 Cdsnuts's Avatar
    Mentioned
    85 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Jiigzz View Post
    Just too add on; consider a can of siet soda containing <150mg of aspartme. When broken down into its constituents you get 75mg phenylalanine, 60mg of L-aspartic acid and 15mg of methanol.

In 100g of steak (small serving) contains we get 1100mg of phenylalanine, 2400mg of l-aspartic acid which is far more than the diet soda.

WRT the methanol, a single apple has ~20-25mg of methanol in it, which is more than a can of diet soda.

Funnly enough, noone ever complains about 'reactions' with apples and steaks like they complainn about aspartme.
    People love to hear good things about their bad habits.

To compare a poisonous man made chemical to steak and apples is ridiculous. People don't complain about reactions from steak and apples because they're typically non existent.

If it's man made, and it's a chemical, your best chance is to err on the side of caution. It's becoming all to apparent the effects these man made monstrosities are having on the food chain and health in general. I don't need a study to tell me it's bad or good. If there's even a chance it could be bad, I'm out.

And any study from the National Cancer institute I'd take with a gain of salt. All you need to do is follow the money.
    Last edited by Cdsnuts; 05-30-2013 at 03:48 PM.

A 1k Club Member Feedback Score 0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Cdsnuts View Post
    People love to hear good things about their bad habits.

To compare a poisonous man made chemical to steak and apples is ridiculous.

If it's man made, and it's a chemical, your best chance is to err on the side of caution. It's becoming all to apparent the effects these man made monstrosities are having on the food chain and health in general. I don't need a study to tell me it's bad or good. If there's even a chance it could be bad, I'm out.

And any study from the National Cancer institute I'd take with a gain of salt.
    I honestly dont even give a shit about the breakdown of steak, apples or aspartame. if i buy steak, i want it to be steak, and if i buy pure milk, i want it to be pure milk. milk + aspartame is not pure milk
    https://www.facebook.com/pklima.fitness

Mentioned
    85 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by longBallLima View Post
    I honestly dont even give a shit about the breakdown of steak, apples or aspartame. if i buy steak, i want it to be steak, and if i buy pure milk, i want it to be pure milk. milk + aspartame is not pure milk
    Aspartame + anything = no good.

SwoleSource Member Feedback Score 0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    The truth is out there, Scully. I look at it this way, if the government says any thing is ok do more research.

Government officials = Whores(can be bought)
    Lobbyist = pimps( and sometimes johns)
    Tax payers = screwed

Mentioned
    85 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    People need to unplug themselves from the matrix. Too many sheeple......

A 1k Club Member Feedback Score 1 (100%) Freepressright's Avatar
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by josh View Post
    I hate Mercola with a passion. So many fall victim to his quackery and pseudoscience rants
    As compared to the hundreds of thousands of people who die each year from correctly-practiced Western medicine which is supposedly founded on science? Oh wait, that's right, the science gets polluted with money, profit and motives.

Whether you like or don't like Joe Mercola - whether you disagree with him on certain points, aspartame is THE most controversial food additive in history with a story of approval laden with collusion, controversy and outright dishonesty.

You also cannot dispute that there are more adverse effects reported to the FDA on aspartame than any other food additive in the history of the FDA. Still, the FDA does nothing.

And to the guy who compared the methanol in steak and apples, I'd suggest doing more research, because methanol in fruits and veggies differs from methanol in aspartame

Aspartame is primarily made up of aspartic acid and phenylalanine. The phenylalanine has been synthetically modified to carry a methyl group, which provides the majority of the sweetness. That phenylalanine methyl bond, called a methyl ester, is very weak, which allows the methyl group on the phenylalanine to easily break off and form methanol. This is in sharp contrast to naturally-occurring methanol found in certain fruits and vegetables, where it is firmly bonded to pectin, allowing the methanol to be safely passed through your digestive tract.

Methanol acts as a Trojan horse: It's carried into susceptible tissues in your body, like your brain and bone marrow, where the alcohol dehydrogenase (ADH) enzyme converts it into formaldehyde, which wreaks havoc with sensitive proteins and DNA.

All other animals have a protective mechanism that allows methanol to be broken down into harmless formic acid, but there's a major biochemical problem with methanol in humans, because of the difference in how it's metabolized compared to all other animals. This is why toxicology testing on animals is a flawed model. It doesn't fully apply to humans.

I've had two friends suffer ill effects from excessive aspartame consumption. Both individuals saw their symptoms resolve when they kicked their heavy diet soda use.

One was thought to have MS, too.

You will never convince me this stuff's safe. And if it was so damn safe, you wouldn't have food and supplement companies running from it and using sucralose (Splenda) and ace K.

Mentioned
    85 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Freepressright View Post
    And if it was so damn safe, you wouldn't have food and supplement companies running from it and using sucralose (Splenda) and ace K.
    Whose safety is still open for debate.

A 1k Club Member Feedback Score 0 Cobalt's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    FPR is my hero.
    If you can bench more than you can squat, you're doing it wrong!

Established Member Feedback Score 0 BoneDaddy's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Freepressright View Post
    As compared to the hundreds of thousands of people who die each year from correctly-practiced Western medicine which is supposedly founded on science? Oh wait, that's right, the science gets polluted with money, profit and motives.

Whether you like or don't like Joe Mercola - whether you disagree with him on certain points, aspartame is THE most controversial food additive in history with a story of approval laden with collusion, controversy and outright dishonesty.

You also cannot dispute that there are more adverse effects reported to the FDA on aspartame than any other food additive in the history of the FDA. Still, the FDA does nothing.

And to the guy who compared the methanol in steak and apples, I'd suggest doing more research, because methanol in fruits and veggies differs from methanol in aspartame

Aspartame is primarily made up of aspartic acid and phenylalanine. The phenylalanine has been synthetically modified to carry a methyl group, which provides the majority of the sweetness. That phenylalanine methyl bond, called a methyl ester, is very weak, which allows the methyl group on the phenylalanine to easily break off and form methanol. This is in sharp contrast to naturally-occurring methanol found in certain fruits and vegetables, where it is firmly bonded to pectin, allowing the methanol to be safely passed through your digestive tract.

Methanol acts as a Trojan horse: It's carried into susceptible tissues in your body, like your brain and bone marrow, where the alcohol dehydrogenase (ADH) enzyme converts it into formaldehyde, which wreaks havoc with sensitive proteins and DNA.

All other animals have a protective mechanism that allows methanol to be broken down into harmless formic acid, but there's a major biochemical problem with methanol in humans, because of the difference in how it's metabolized compared to all other animals. This is why toxicology testing on animals is a flawed model. It doesn't fully apply to humans.

I've had two friends suffer ill effects from excessive aspartame consumption. Both individuals saw their symptoms resolve when they kicked their heavy diet soda use.

One was thought to have MS, too.

You will never convince me this stuff's safe. And if it was so damn safe, you wouldn't have food and supplement companies running from it and using sucralose (Splenda) and ace K.

knowledge.drop_.png