User Tag List

Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst ... 34567 LastLast
    SwoleSource Member Feedback Score 0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Re: Unlabeled and hidden Aspartame in your Milk. WTF?

If I was a mod here I would ban you

A 1k Club Member Feedback Score 1 (100%) weekend's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by josh View Post
    after this gem of a comment, if I was a mod I would ban YOU!

Super Moderator Feedback Score 0 burlyman30's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Censorship is a slippery slope. once you begin to censor comments some members because your opinion differs, it's likely that the same will come back to you.
    All advice given is for entertainment value only. And it's free. Take it for what it's worth.

SwoleSource Member Feedback Score 0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Its not censorship.. its holding members to a certain degree of sanity. Fanaticism spreads like wildfire. If you are going to make an outrageous claim then you should be expected to back that claim up with at the very least a kinimal amount of evidence

Super Moderator Feedback Score 0 burlyman30's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Its not censorship.. its holding members to a certain degree of sanity. Fanaticism spreads like wildfire. If you are going to make an outrageous claim then you should be expected to back that claim up with at the very least a kinimal amount of evidence
    Concerns with aspartame have been around since the mid 80s, when it was first released and are well known. I didn't see fanaticism in the statement made, rather, I saw a strong opinion based on the research that FPR has personally done. Have you done research on the subject that brings you to a different opinion?
    All advice given is for entertainment value only. And it's free. Take it for what it's worth.

Established Member Feedback Score 0 markam's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Sorry, but I couldn't stop myself posting this.

Its not censorship.. its holding members to a certain degree of sanity.
    Driftwood: Oh, that? Oh, that's the usual clause. That's in every contract. That just says uh, it says uh, "If any of the parties participating in this contract is shown not to be in their right mind, the entire agreement is automatically nullified."
    Fiorello: Well, I don't know...
    Driftwood: It's all right, that's, that's in every contract. That's, that's what they call a 'sanity clause'.
    Fiorello: Ha ha ha ha ha! You can't fool me! There ain't no Sanity Clause!

Established Member Feedback Score 0 BoneDaddy's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Fanaticism doesn't spread nearly as fast as ignorance.

A 1k Club Member Feedback Score 1 (100%) Freepressright's Avatar
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Josh is obviously a troll. His answers are short, non-explanatory and contain no data one way or another to refute any claim.

He's more than welcome to dismantle my statement if he wishes, but I assert my position as rooted in fact. The approval of aspartame is far from a straightforward story of a company playing by the rules.

You have the unmitigated gall to call for me to be censored for making a series of true statements? If I didn't know any better, I'd say you represent one of the parties involved, but I feel that you're just a troll. No legitimate person can be that ignorant, gullible and bitter toward a person's statement and wish for them to be silenced.

A 1k Club Member Feedback Score 1 (100%) Freepressright's Avatar
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Perhaps CBS 60 Minutes and Fox5 DC should be banned from broadcast for releasing these documentaries that have interviews with experts, physicians, scientists and other researchers who refute the idea that aspartame is safe. Likewise, they contain interviews and information surrounding the controversial approval of aspartame, as well as citations of FDA data showing more adverse effects reported on aspartame than any other food additive in history.

Also referenced is the federal investigation into aspartame which was halted because an assistant U.S. attorney let the statute expire and then took a job with Searle. Oh yeah, and Dr. Arthur Hall Hayes, the FDA commissioner who UNILATERALLY overruled an FDA board and approved aspartame -- yeah, he took a job with Searle's PR firm not long after.

But what do I know? I'm just a 'fanatical' conspiracy theorist, just like the folks at CBS and Fox, back when real reporting was still in fashion.

Aspartame NutraSweet - 60 Minutes News Segment - December 29, 1996.flv.flv - YouTube

The Dangers of Aspartame (Diet Coke Zero Side Effects Poisoning Pepsi Max Nutrasweet Sucralose) - YouTube

Super Moderator Feedback Score 2 (100%) h2s's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Freepressright View Post
    Josh is obviously a troll. His answers are short, non-explanatory and contain no data one way or another to refute any claim.

He's more than welcome to dismantle my statement if he wishes, but I assert my position as rooted in fact. The approval of aspartame is far from a straightforward story of a company playing by the rules.

You have the unmitigated gall to call for me to be censored for making a series of true statements? If I didn't know any better, I'd say you represent one of the parties involved, but I feel that you're just a troll. No legitimate person can be that ignorant, gullible and bitter toward a person's statement and wish for them to be silenced.
    Everyone calm down.

I hate to break it to everyone here, but Josh is not a troll, he is extremely scientifically literate, and for that exact reason was someone whom I personally invited over to this site.

Face it, many people in this thread do have an extreme view one way or the other. Discuss the science, but lose the troll accusations (and conspiracy accusations, I guess).

To be completely honest there have been members who have come over to this site from a reference I made, only to PM me on the original site asking me if these guys are serious about some of their food industry views. I am not saying anyone is wrong at all, I haven't done the research, I really don't have the time to, and I respect everyone in this thread, but to someone looking in, it does come off a bit extremist.
    Last edited by h2s; 07-15-2013 at 01:03 PM.