Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Moderator Feedback Score 0 Cdsnuts's Avatar
    Mentioned
    85 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by h2s View Post
    To be completely honest there have been members who have come over to this site from a reference I made, only to PM me on the original site asking me if these guys are serious about some of their food industry views. I am not saying anyone is wrong at all, I haven't done the research, I really don't have the time to, and I respect everyone in this thread, but to someone looking in, it does come off a bit extremist.
    And this is exactly why they (food industry) continue to get away with the things they get away with. Because people like us who show an interest in what actually goes into the foods we consume are labeled as extreme. I consider it extreme to be the other way. But as long as we are in the minority and the rest just go along thinking "it's no big deal" the way things are will continue to be status quo.
    Total Male Optimization "People who say it can't be done shouldn't interrupt those that are doing it"

SwoleSource Member Feedback Score 0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Re: Unlabeled and hidden Aspartame in your Milk. WTF?

Quote Originally Posted by Cdsnuts View Post
    And this is exactly why they (food industry) continue to get away with the things they get away with. Because people like us who show an interest in what actually goes into the foods we consume are labeled as extreme. I consider it extreme to be the other way. But as long as we are in the minority and the rest just go along thinking "it's no big deal" the way things are will continue to be status quo.
    No. Standing on the rooftops screaming something is evil and when asked why you can not provide a single shred of actual evidence and all you can muster together is a bunch of situtaions that like they might be somewhat shady which you then use as concrete evidence in order to persuade others your beliefs must be true, this is what makes someone an extremist and alarmists.

Think about this, before we understood meteorology, how many people ran around screaming the sky was falling after their first time experiencing a hail storm? Now the sky may have very well been falling but it turned out it wasnt. The ones who see hail and yell everyone must live underground in order to avoid be crushed by clouds is the alarmist and extremist. The one who says hmmm.. thats interesting and then collects the hail stones and tries to figure out whats going on, is the sane and rational thinker.

So you can avoid going outside for the rest of your life in fear of getting crushed by falling clouds, or you can exercise some objective thinking and realize its just frozen rain.

Super Moderator Feedback Score 0 burlyman30's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Re: Unlabeled and hidden Aspartame in your Milk. WTF?

I would consider notable negative physical effects as less benign than hail, but I understand what you are saying.
    All advice given is for entertainment value only. And it's free. Take it for what it's worth.

Moderator Feedback Score 0 Cdsnuts's Avatar
    Mentioned
    85 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by josh View Post
    No. Standing on the rooftops screaming something is evil and when asked why you can not provide a single shred of actual evidence and all you can muster together is a bunch of situtaions that like they might be somewhat shady which you then use as concrete evidence in order to persuade others your beliefs must be true, this is what makes someone an extremist and alarmists.

Think about this, before we understood meteorology, how many people ran around screaming the sky was falling after their first time experiencing a hail storm? Now the sky may have very well been falling but it turned out it wasnt. The ones who see hail and yell everyone must live underground in order to avoid be crushed by clouds is the alarmist and extremist. The one who says hmmm.. thats interesting and then collects the hail stones and tries to figure out whats going on, is the sane and rational thinker.

So you can avoid going outside for the rest of your life in fear of getting crushed by falling clouds, or you can exercise some objective thinking and realize its just frozen rain.
    Always easier when people stick their heads in the sand. Us extremists must be getting all up in arms for no reason. Dude....if you wanna eat your poison go ahead. No ones stopping you.
    Total Male Optimization "People who say it can't be done shouldn't interrupt those that are doing it"

SwoleSource Member Feedback Score 0 rockstarjacked's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Whether or not it's bad for you doesn't seem to be the issue to me... To me, the issue is this: what purpose is served by putting aspartame in milk?? As far as i'm aware, even if there is no harm from aspartame, there is also no benefit from it. Isn't the cow's milk sweet enough already? Why the constant need to alter nature?? And my main question here is this: If there really is no evidence to back up the deleterious effects of aspartame, then why wouldn't it be labeled for everyone to see?

A 1k Club Member Feedback Score 1 (100%) Freepressright's Avatar
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Good point.

1. Why does it need to be in milk?

2. Why does it need to be hidden?

3. If aspartame was so damn great and safe, why are food and supplement companies dumping it in favor of sucralose (Splenda) and proudly declaring on many products "ASPARTAME FREE" or "CONTAINS NO ASPARTAME" ?