User Tag List

Page 1 of 7 123 ... LastLast
    Established Member Feedback Score 0 BoneDaddy's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Unlabeled and hidden Aspartame in your Milk. WTF?

So the FDA is thinking of F'ing you in your A hole yet again. You damn well better not use hormones or steroids, but hey....drink this.

U.S. dairy industry petitions FDA to approve aspartame as hidden, unlabeled additive in milk, yogurt, eggnog and cream

Established Member Feedback Score 2 (100%) Coolazice's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    They won't be happy til we're all weak, sick and pussified.

A 1k Club Member Feedback Score 1 (100%) Freepressright's Avatar
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Aspartame is a product I'm particularly interested in and have a passion for discussing because it is the most controversial food additive in this history of the United States. The Food and Drug Administration has more adverse reaction complaints on file for aspartame than any other food additive, ever.

Its approval was highly controversial, ALL NON-industry-sponsored studies show connections to neurological ailments and cancers. A recent human study says it causes lymphoma and other cancers, Donald Rumsfeld was involved in its approval, Monsanto is involved, there was a criminal investigation into the approval process that looked like it would result in indictments for falsifying study data before a deputy U.S. attorney general stalled the case past the statute of limitations. He later took a job with the PR firm for GD Searle, the company responsible for discovering and marketing aspartame.

Arthur Hall Hayes, Reagan's FDA commissioner, left his post for a job with Searle not long after aspartame was approved.

Here's some really cool info off an aspartame timeline:

In 1967, initial safety tests begin on aspartame, the artificial sweetener later patented as Nutra-Sweet and used in all kinds of products, from diet soda to snacks. In December of that year, Dr. Harold Waisman, a biochemist at the University of Washington, conducted aspartame safety tests on infant monkeys on behalf of G.D. Searle Co.

The result?

Of the seven monkeys that were being fed aspartame mixed with milk, one died and five others had grand mal seizures.

On Dec. 18, 1970, Searle executives laid out a "Food and Drug Sweetener Strategy" that they feel will put the FDA into a positive frame of mind about aspartame. An internal policy memo described psychological tactics the company should use to bring the FDA into a subconscious spirit of participation with them on aspartame and get the FDA regulators into the habit of saying "yes."

Meanwhile in the Spring of 1971, Dr. John Olney, the man whose work with monosodium glutamate was responsible for having it removed from baby foods, informed Searle that his studies showed that aspartic acid, one of th emain ingredients of aspartame, caused holes in the brains of infant mice. One of Searle's own researchers confirmed Dr. Olney's findings in a similar study.

In February 1973, Searle applied for FDA approval, submitting over 100 studies that they claimed supported aspartame's safety. In March, one of the first FDA scientists to review the aspartame safety data stated that the information provided by Searle was inadequate to permit an evaluation of the potential toxicity of aspartame. She said in her report that in order to be certain that aspartame is safe, further clinical tests would be needed.

------ For more info past 1973, check out the timeline here:

http://media.mercola.com/assets/imag...e-timeline.jpg

60 Minutes had a great documentary on it back before CBS stopped doing real investigative journalism:

Aspartame, Brain Cancer the FDA Approval Process (dangers side effects Diet Coke Zero Sucralose) - YouTube

As did Fox5 out of Washington, D.C.

The Dangers of Aspartame (Diet Coke Zero Side Effects Poisoning Pepsi Max Nutrasweet Sucralose) - YouTube

Here's an article on the recent human study:

Aspartame is linked to leukemia and lymphoma in new landmark study on humans

A 1k Club Member Feedback Score 0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    lobbying is gonna kill us all

SwoleSource Member Feedback Score 0 naeydrin's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Good read, scary shit thinking what else they are not telling you....
    I quit drinking milk a couple years ago and we are slowly moving away from all dairy products in my house as of the last couple weeks.
    The people should not fear the government, the government should fear the people. V
    Be polite, be professional, but have a plan to kill everybody you meet. General James Mattis USMC

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    LOL i love the argument in the petition.

kids dont like reading reduced calories and it will be easier to identify nutritional value in milk if they dont disclose all the ingredients...

jesus christ....

A 1k Club Member Feedback Score 1 (100%) weekend's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I don't understand how selling evil chemicals that sweeten in such small doses can make that much money... Seems like population control to me

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by weekend View Post
    I don't understand how selling evil chemicals that sweeten in such small doses can make that much money... Seems like population control to me
    not that small if you ask me

A 1k Club Member Feedback Score 0 Cobalt's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Nice, now I'll be able to use the FDA if this shit happens.
    If you can bench more than you can squat, you're doing it wrong!

A 1k Club Member Feedback Score 1 (100%) weekend's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by longBallLima View Post
    not that small if you ask me
    Oh shit I thought a soda only contained 1-2 mg... It's 200 mg!