Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Looking forward to the progress pics B.

A 1k Club Member Feedback Score 0 Jelisej's Avatar
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Good news Burly, it seems that your endocrine system is coping well so far, next thing to watch is E2- I'm guessing that your estrogen levels are rising so probably you'll have full scale morning woods soon. Tough I would suggest you to have E2 control plan ready.
    Other thing I would watch for is thyroid- pay attention to bowel movements, if you get easily startled, panick attack+ usual thyroid symptoms (falling hair from all over body especially legs and sides of eyebrows, heat in/tolerance) etc...
    Hopefully all goes fine.

Established Member Feedback Score 2 (100%) Coolazice's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Jelisej View Post
    Other thing I would watch for is thyroid- pay attention to bowel movements, if you get easily startled, panick attack+ usual thyroid symptoms (falling hair from all over body especially legs and sides of eyebrows, heat in/tolerance) etc...
    Hopefully all goes fine.
    Can you please elaborate here? Thanks, J.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    OK- obviously as his tt level is raising his metabolic rate should increase- his TSH level was lower than it should be (in healthy people TSH is between 1- 1.5 mIU/L) TSH levels tells us what his "brain" thinks about thyroid levels- if brain thinks its more than enough it will be lower if brain thinks it not enough it will be higher- in his case there are 2 options- 1. his pituary was underactive hence lower TSH or 2. because low tt level his body was ok operating at low speed aka low metabolic rate so his pituary was not sending much signal (TSH) to thyroid for that particular reason
    Now- as his TT levels are raising and will continue to raise his pituary needs to send signal to thyroid to make more thyroid hormones-
    this will result in overall faster metabolic rate- his brain and memory will be faster, his digestion and overall processes would be faster, and also number of his bowel movemenets should increase- if not he'll suffer from constipation and probably some more issues, people with low thyroid hormones get startled easily, they tend to get panick attacks (especially if E2 is high as well), their skin is dry, nails brittle, and hair all over body is sensitive to thyroid and starts falling out, for some reason hair on side of the brows is very sensitive).

Super Moderator Feedback Score 0 burlyman30's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Re: Burly's TRT journey

Good news Burly, it seems that your endocrine system is coping well so far, next thing to watch is E2- I'm guessing that your estrogen levels are rising so probably you'll have full scale morning woods soon. Tough I would suggest you to have E2 control plan ready.
    Hopefully all goes fine.
    Thank you for the input. As long as I don't notice any estrogen related problems, I wasn't planning to do bloodwork for at least 3 months, as both the test and estrogen levels would continue to rise up to this point. At my 3 month blood test, if my endo does not measure estrogen, I will get it measured separately. Open to your input if you think there is a compelling reason not to wait until then.

One other notable change in my protocol:

As suggested earlier in this thread, I decided (after beginning to feel better) that I did not want my test levels to significantly wane and thus "lose ground" on my improvements. So after one week, I injected an additional 100mg and will continue this dose every week. This should help not only with blood level stability, but also with lower rate of aromatization.

Here's an interesting observation: both days I injected, I was simply not tired at night. Each time, I had to force myself to go to bed around 3am and then only with assistance from sleep aids. I also woke the next morning feeling just fine, as if the additional rest was unneeded.

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk 2
    All advice given is for entertainment value only. And it's free. Take it for what it's worth.

Established Member Feedback Score 2 (100%) Coolazice's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    OK- obviously as his tt level is raising his metabolic rate should increase- his TSH level was lower than it should be (in healthy people TSH is between 1- 1.5 mIU/L) TSH levels tells us what his "brain" thinks about thyroid levels- if brain thinks its more than enough it will be lower if brain thinks it not enough it will be higher- in his case there are 2 options- 1. his pituary was underactive hence lower TSH or 2. because low tt level his body was ok operating at low speed aka low metabolic rate so his pituary was not sending much signal (TSH) to thyroid for that particular reason
    Now- as his TT levels are raising and will continue to raise his pituary needs to send signal to thyroid to make more thyroid hormones-
    this will result in overall faster metabolic rate- his brain and memory will be faster, his digestion and overall processes would be faster, and also number of his bowel movemenets should increase- if not he'll suffer from constipation and probably some more issues, people with low thyroid hormones get startled easily, they tend to get panick attacks (especially if E2 is high as well), their skin is dry, nails brittle, and hair all over body is sensitive to thyroid and starts falling out, for some reason hair on side of the brows is very sensitive).
    Thank you for taking the time to type all that out!!!!

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I dont think that there is need for measuring E2 at this point really, in future it may be needed as sometimes is reall hard to tell difference between to high and too low E2. I cant remeber exactly the name of company in USA that has accurate E2 readings- I'll check on that but I think that test is ultrasensitive by Labcorp, as it can be very difficult to get accurate readings especially on TRT guys.
    In Europe also is only one bloody lab that gets right E2 reading- and it is situated in Belgium. Even guys from Scandinavia have to send their specimens there.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Coolazice View Post
    Thank you for taking the time to type all that out!!!!
    No problem, bro'. Anytime!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I dont think that there is need for measuring E2 at this point really, in future it may be needed as sometimes is reall hard to tell difference between to high and too low E2. I cant remeber exactly the name of company in USA that has accurate E2 readings- I'll check on that but I think that test is ultrasensitive by Labcorp, as it can be very difficult to get accurate readings especially on TRT guys.
    In Europe also is only one bloody lab that gets right E2 reading- and it is situated in Belgium. Even guys from Scandinavia have to send their specimens there.
    Interesting info on the e2. Good to know. So for now I'll judge it by other signs.

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk 2
    All advice given is for entertainment value only. And it's free. Take it for what it's worth.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Was feeling really good today. Went to the gym for the first time since June. It felt really good. The workout was necessarily light and relatively easy.

I did 5 sets for chest, tris, bis, and calves using 30 rep sets for all but calves where I employed 60 rep sets. I bookended the session with a 20 minute brisk walk before and after.

The pump was good and still feels somewhat present even 4 hours post workout.

Baby steps. But important ones.

Oh, one more update: I'm noticing the skin on my forehead is a bit more oily today. This is new. Not greasy or shiny like a teenage boy's complexion. Just feels a bit oilier to the touch.
    Last edited by burlyman30; 11-30-2012 at 02:13 AM.

A 1k Club Member Feedback Score 0 Cobalt's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by burlyman30 View Post
    I woke up this morning with what felt like the dreaded "blue balls". I didn't wake with any morning wood, but am suspicious that there may have been some sustained wood attained while I slept. I don't think I have ever had a case this uncomfortable in my life-- it lasted about 4-5 hours and felt like my nuts were in a vice.
    hide yo kids.jpeg

So y'all need to hide yo kids, hide yo wife, and hide yo husband cause burly be shootn' them tests.
    If you can bench more than you can squat, you're doing it wrong!