User Tag List

Page 2 of 88 FirstFirst 12341252 ... LastLast
    Super Moderator Feedback Score 0 burlyman30's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by AresTS View Post
    Do me a favor and keep us updated on both the bronchitis and TRT? I've been in healthcare for a while and stuff like this interests me. If you don't mind me asking a few questions...

Are you a past smoker? Ever been exposed to TB? What was the virus?

- Valdez
    The virus was never identified. It was suspected that it may have been a fungal infection caught in caves, called histoplasmosis because I had been in some caves just a couple days previous and another friend of mine caught a horrible virus after going into the same cave just days later than me. Test turned out to be negative, however, many of the symptoms were dead-on for that diagnosis. Was tested for whooping cough. Negative. I had a bout with bronchitis 2 years ago that took 10 weeks to get rid of. This happened after a Beastdrol cycle. Yeah, yeah, I should have known better, right? lol Lesson learned, though. But that was my first ever bronchitis episode. This is my second, and I am about 4 months into it now.

Good question about the smoking-- I never smoked. However, every time I go into the doc's office, they always ask again if I'm a smoker. lol. It's a dry hack in the upper chest. Some days I barely cough, but other days, I'm coughing all day. Most days, I'm coughing until about mid-day and then it improves at night.

Established Member Feedback Score 0 AresTS's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Re: TRT

Hmmmmm....

Have they (I'm sure they have) thought about albuterol? Nebulizer treatments? Have they commented on the sounds your lungs are making (stridor, rales etc...)? Is the cough productive? I'm not trying to be your Dr man lol so don't think that just curious..

- Valdez
    Valdez

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Hmmmmm....

Have they (I'm sure they have) thought about albuterol? Nebulizer treatments? Have they commented on the sounds your lungs are making (stridor, rales etc...)? Is the cough productive? I'm not trying to be your Dr man lol so don't think that just curious..

- Valdez
    I've used Albuterol and it doesn't help, except when I cough so hard that I start wheezing. Then it helps. I'm a on/off user of Albuterol for seasonal allergies, as the tree pollen gets me a little asthmatic in the spring. Nebulizer, no. Cough isn't productive. It's dry, mostly, with small amounts of flem only rarely. Doc always says my lungs sound good. Which is odd. Xrays, according to doc, look good. No worries on the questions. lol. I have, in years past, chemically burned my lungs with bleach and lye and other solvents. However, the Xrays showed no scarring according to the doc.
    Last edited by burlyman30; 11-06-2012 at 12:45 PM.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Re: TRT

Quote Originally Posted by burlyman30 View Post
    I've used Albuterol and it doesn't help, except when I cough so hard that I start wheezing. Then it helps. I'm a on/off user of Albuterol for seasonal allergies, as the tree pollen gets me a little asthmatic in the spring. Nebulizer, no. Cough isn't productive. It's dry, mostly, with small amounts of flem only rarely. Doc always says my lungs sound good. Which is odd. Xrays, according to doc, look good. No worries on the questions. lol. I have, in years past, chemically burned my lungs with bleach and lye and other solvents. However, the Xrays showed no scarring according to the doc.
    So you're not presenting with any findings to support your symptoms... Where is house when you need him, right? I bet you have a parasite lodged in your brain which is responsible lmao!

- Valdez
    Valdez

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    So you're not presenting with any findings to support your symptoms... Where is house when you need him, right? I bet you have a parasite lodged in your brain which is responsible lmao!

- Valdez
    The good: No signs of my dying over this. The bad: It reduces my ability to work, workout, feel good, and enjoy life.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    As for my Endo appt today, she was seriously concerned. She checked my nutbag and said it was too small and too soft. I could have just stayed home and heard those insults. lol.

She was disturbed by my test results taken over the last month and insisted on retesting. So tomorrow morning I go in and get three consecutive blood draws, with a break in between each. She wants to see if the previous tests were just catching me on the low side of the variance. I'm guessing all 3 will come back quite low, regardless of any apparent variance. She also is getting approval to send me for an MRI of my pituitary gland, to make sure there is no tumor growing on it.

My RBC count is slightly elevated. She was concerned about this, knowing that exogenous testosterone will further raise this level. I have my appointment on Thursday with the Hemotologist and she wanted to make sure he felt ok about future TRT treatment, so I will have him communicate his findings with her.
    Last edited by burlyman30; 11-07-2012 at 02:33 AM.

A 1k Club Member Feedback Score 0 Jelisej's Avatar
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Elevated RBC is not good. It would be good if you post all your bloodworks etc. I'm also wondering what kind of TRT they have in mind?
    And wheter you are primary or secondary?

Super Moderator Feedback Score 2 (100%) h2s's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I am sure it sucks going through all of this, but hopefully it is a way to the light at the end of the tunnel.

A 1k Club Member Feedback Score 0 Cobalt's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    She checked my nutbag and said it was too small and too soft. I could have just stayed home and heard those insults.
    Woooo, just finished a good hard laugh. I always look forward to your posts. Great quoting material too.

But seriously, hope things turn around for you.
    If you can bench more than you can squat, you're doing it wrong!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Re: Burly's TRT journey

As for my Endo appt today, she was seriously concerned. She checked my nutbag and said it was too small and too soft. I could have just stayed home and heard those insults. lol.

She was disturbed by my test results taken over the last month and insisted on retesting. So tomorrow morning I go in and get three consecutive blood draws, with a break in between each. She wants to see if the previous tests were just catching me on the low side of the variance. I'm guessing all 3 will come back quite low, regardless of any apparent variance. She also is getting approval to send me for an MRI of my pituitary gland, to make sure there is no tumor growing on it.

My RBC count is slightly elevated. She was concerned about this, knowing that exogenous testosterone will further raise this level. I have my appointment on Thursday with the Hemotologist and she wanted to make sure he felt ok about future TRT treatment, so I will have him communicate his findings with her.
    That's great to hear that she's ordered an MRI of your pituitary. Too often they don't look into the actual problem and just throw some rx/test at the problem instead of getting at the source.

- Valdez
    Valdez